March 2020 Moms

Group 4 (3/25-3/31) Check-in w/o 9/23

Group 4, we haven’t done a check-in in a while. I’m starting it up again. 

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Upcoming appts

How are you feeling?: 

Cravings/Aversions:

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity? 

Re: Group 4 (3/25-3/31) Check-in w/o 9/23

• EDD/W+D: Originally March 25, but moved to March 28. I still think it’s the 25th 
    13w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team pink! 🎀

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon 🍋 

Upcoming appts: October 9th midwife, did our NT ultrasound and got to see little one dancing her heart out! 

How are you feeling?: I have a horrible cold, home sick in bed. Hoping this is the last day I feel this terrible

Cravings/Aversions: just want all the food!

Rants/Raves/Questions: pregnancy colds suck! That’s all :) 

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity? Walking in the fall time with the leaves crunching under my feet and sipping on a warm drink! Looking at foliage 
  • Yay! Thanks @dunder_mifflin for posting! I've been missing our group.

EDD/W+D
    : same. I got told I'm a few days after my original date 3/25. I'm still just going with that though. So, 13+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team Blue!! We were SO excited to find out it's a boy.

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appts: appointment at 16w, 2nd week of Oct

How are you feeling?: Great. First trimester was so hard and, I'm still nauseous, but feeling so much better! 

Cravings/Aversions: Ugh... just appetite increase overall. So hard to not eat junk!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I just quit my job yesterday. They suddenly moved me to 3 hours a week... which feels like a corporate America way of firing someone. So... I'm pregnant and looking for a new job. It's super hard and discouraging. 

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity? I live in New Hampshire so fall is just gorgeous here. We like taking a trip to this tiny town here and go apple picking and get hot chocolates from Burdicks original cafe. Mmm maybe we'll do that this weekend! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay thank you @dunder_mifflin for starting our group up again!

EDD/W+D
    : 3/27 13w + 4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out. Currently debating whether I can wait until 20 weeks or pay for an elective US to find out earlier!

Upcoming appts: Next OB check up is 10/7

How are you feeling?: I’m beginning to feel better in terms of nausea as 2nd tri gets closer. I still haven’t gotten my energy back yet, would really like to get back to an exercise routine but it just seems impossible, especially as the days are getting shorter..

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing specific, just finding it hard to gauge how hungry I am, what I want to eat, etc. Food is hard right now.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just announced on social media yesterday and I was freaked out at first, but I’m feeling better about it this morning and feel so loved and supported by all my friends! It’s starting to feel real and exciting now!

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity? We go to the Renaissance Faire every fall and it’s definitely THE iconic fall activity for me. Great weather, food, and fun! 
  • @creativesoul83 @-susan- so glad I got it started again! 

@-susan- congratulations on baby boy! We felt the same when we found out about baby girl. Are you STM? I went by my new “official” due date but March 25th I think is the one in my heart. Which means 14 weeks tomorrow! Yay for second trimester.

@creativesoul83 so excited for you to find out! Lol I would go do one of those 3D ones before but I’m just insanely impatient hahaha. I also know how you feel about sharing the news. We just told my big extended family about my pregnancy last night which was so amazing! My grumpy uncles love babies and get all excited and insanely sweet so I’m pumped for them to know and be excited with us. And to babysit baby girl - they are the cutest with little girls. And it’s a relief for people to know, my mom was dying to share the news! This is the first little one of my generation of grandchildren so it’s an exciting time!
  • EDD/W+D: Officially 03.28.2020 but ultrasounds are saying 03/24/2020

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon, apparently (though actually bigger)

Upcoming appts: I think I missed an appt booking for Oct, because my calendar skips to Nov, so I need to rectify that.

How are you feeling?: Mostly pretty good. Getting some strong round ligament pains when I walk for any length of time. Some bad heartburn, and still really sleepy in the evenings. But morning sickness is gone, yay!

Cravings/Aversions: I'm having a really tough time knowing what I want to eat atm. Everything sounds kind of awful until I actually bite into it.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm contemplating changing from midwives to an OB. I've just been super unimpressed with stuff like record keeping and precision at the place I am at. So many mistakes that have been stressful for me to sort out. And it doesn't give me a lot of confidence about how they would handle an emergency etc.

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity? 
    Long Fall walks in the chilly air. It's still so hot here though, ugh.
  • @Madamemerle sorry you feel the midwife is so incompetent. Maybe switching to another practice or OB would be better.

are we only 4 in this group? Lol!
  • Hi guys!

EDD/W+D
    : March 26th 14+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out!

Upcoming appts: early glucose 10/10. I have some insulin resistance issues before getting pregnant so they want to check me early.

How are you feeling?: still waiting for that 2nd trimester energy to kick in! Lots of sleeping.

Cravings/Aversions: same with @madamemerle! Everything sounds terrible until I actually eat it. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: very thankful for B6/unisom. I didn’t take it Wednesday night and yesterday I was miserable, couldn’t keep
    anything down, even water. But much better today!

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity?  I love going to Busch Gardens for their HalloScreams and going to the pumpkin patch. 
  • EDD/W+D: 14w1d 3/27 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Upcoming appts: Next midwife appt is 10/4 but I need to reschedule because I have to work :( hoping she can just scoot my appt back to later in the day since I'll only be in the office until 1.

How are you feeling?: Okay so long story ahead... TW
    I'm basically allergic to being pregnant. I am sick for an extended amount of time (well past 20 weeks, if not essentially the whole 9), and I develop medical conditions I do not have when not pregnant. I haven't checked in on the bump in almost 2 weeks because last week I spent a loooong time in the hospital because when I get pregnant, I get gallstones. Not the worst thing in the world, but they cause me specifically a lot of problems. I was having really intense pain so we rushed to the ER, and they confirmed that the gallstones are back. My last pregnancy, I had a really rare complication with my gallstones that nearly killed me at 5 weeks PP. The doc then told me I was lucky to be alive and that if I had waited even 24 more hours before seeking care I would have been dead. So I was in a full-blown panic when the ER doc this time told me I have the gallstones, but currently they're causing no complications, and until they start to, there's nothing they can do for me. They obviously won't operate unless it's life threatening while I'm pregnant, but I have an appt with the referral surgeon soon and he'll have the more expert opinion on my condition. It was terrifying to feel like my life was balancing on a tight-rope when I had a newborn baby last time, and I don't love the idea of living this again. Also still puking every day but that's not even on my radar of concerns after the hospital.

Cravings/Aversions: I never want to eat food, basically ever. Nothing sounds good and the act of chewing/swallowing usually turns my stomach. Found out at the ER last week I've lost 17 lbs since getting pregnant.

Rants/Raves/Questions: see rant above ^ but TLDR; I have essentially relapsed with a medical issue I had my last pregnancy that almost killed me, and there's not a whole lot anyone can do for my until my condition deteriorates.

GTKY: Happy Fall! What's your favorite autumn activity? @creativesoul83 we also love the Ren Fest! We went last Saturday for my birthday. 
    Also love going on walks when it's not melt-your-skin-off hot anymore! And Starbucks has a hot cider drink that is basically warm apple juice with caramel and whippped and it's killer, I love it in the fall.
  • @hellobabys I was wondering where you were, and I’m so unbelievably sorry to hear all that you have gone through last pregnancy, PP, and this one. The past two weeks sound quite hellish and  so sorry. I bet that must be insanely triggering, worrying, and upsetting. All I can do is send love your way and wishes for a speedy recovery. 

I also realize the meme I sent in response to your UO may not have been the best. Going to delete now. 

Big hugs, I don’t know if there’s anything we can do but we are here if you need an ear or space to be heard ♥️