Parenting

Baby got injured with knives..!!

Hey guys,
I'm residing in Ontario. I have a 2-year-old boy. Usually, we have a housemaid to take care of my child and to do some household works, but she went on leave for the past few days. So my husband and I took leave from our works alternatively to take care of our kid. So yesterday it was my husband who took leave. As you all know, kids will be a little bit naughty and stubborn, and our baby boy too. So yesterday when he was in the kitchen for making some food, the baby started crying. So he took him to the kitchen as well, and accidentally the baby got injured with the knives. He immediately cleaned the wound and dressed it with a sterile bandage. Is there any chance of getting infected? We usually use forging stainless steel knives, so there is no chance of rust in the knives. However, I feel worried. Should I seek professional medical attention?

Re: Baby got injured with knives..!!

• elzaryn said:
    Hey guys,
    I'm residing in Ontario. I have a 2-year-old boy. Usually, we have a housemaid to take care of my child and to do some household works, but she went on leave for the past few days. So my husband and I took leave from our works alternatively to take care of our kid. So yesterday it was my husband who took leave. As you all know, kids will be a little bit naughty and stubborn, and our baby boy too. So yesterday when he was in the kitchen for making some food, the baby started crying. So he took him to the kitchen as well, and accidentally the baby got injured with the knives. He immediately cleaned the wound and dressed it with a sterile bandage. Is there any chance of getting infected? We usually use forging stainless steel knives, so there is no chance of rust in the knives. However, I feel worried. Should I seek professional medical attention?

This feels like spam. You’re asking if your 2 year old should go to the emergency room on an Internet forum, but you took the time to link the knives he cut himself with? Use your own judgement since you are the one looking at it. Or at the very least call your doctor if you are unsure.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::