Group 3 (2/15-2/21) Check In w/o 9/23

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could own a "vacation home" where would it be?

Re: Group 3 (2/15-2/21) Check In w/o 9/23

• Loading the player...
  • @malloryfrommn a ha I see we are twinsies on this one. Do you by chance enjoy ice fishing? Many of the guys I worked with in MN were really into it.

@ibabyloveb87 - oh get the house in the mountains and your husband will grow to love it. Just make sure everyone is equipped with a bear whistle. :)
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @nhh11, I'm a STM but with my first I wasn't done with the nursery or registry at this point.  I had my shower 2 months before she was born and finalized my registry a month or so before that when invitations went out.  As for her nursery, we painted it 3 months before she was born, got the furniture and rug about 2 months before she was born.  I wouldn't say you're behind.
  • @leksiL I haven't been ice fishing since I was a kid! My husband goes several times each winter, but I would always rather stay home. A vacation home in the mountains sounds fabulous - you are pretty lucky to have that close by!
  • @TennisLove30 congratulations on finding out it's a girl!! Glad to hear she is developing perfectly. 
  • @tennislove30 congrats! Did you have your anatomy scan today? 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL, I did. I had been so anxious because I hadn’t been to the doctor in 5 weeks, so I had no idea if everything was okay. It was a happy surprise.
  • @TennisLove30 yay congrats on the girl!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @TennisLove30 tomorrow is my AS but I'm not so nervous because I have a very kicky baby. Hopefully she tires itself out and wants to sleep when she comes. lolol
    Married Jan 2008 

• Weeks + Days: 18+5
    Baby is the size of a(n): cucumber
    Team: purple!
    Upcoming Appointments: October 9th (AS)
    How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): My brain left the building a while ago and has yet to return. It seems like my bump growth has really jumped recently and my boobs have decided to start growing more again. I'm feeling self-conscious about my body overall.
    Rants/Raves:
    Rant - work has been a big drama-llama mess recently. Fortunately not with me directly but I'm really over it all.
    Rave - my sister came over for lunch today and it was nice to see her and catch up with everything :)
    GTKY:  If you could own a "vacation home" where would it be? Definitely somewhere with mountains and seclusion. Ideally close enough to home that we'd be able to go regularly!

@nhh11 We don't have our registry set up and we don't have our nursery done either. The nursery room was emptied completely over the summer so I guess that counts as some level of progress. It needs painted, new curtains/blinds and furniture/decor. I'd like to empty out that closet into our second closet so it's completely free for baby stuff. Doesn't seem like a lot to do overall but I know it will take some time. Eek!

• Ok I’m feeling better about our lack of nursery progress - thanks ladies! 

@TennisLove30 congrats on the baby girl!!
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/17, 19w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): dollar bill 💵

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan next week 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Good, I just wish I had 30% more energy every day. Some back pains and occasional headaches. I’ve been wanting more red meat than usual (I generally only eat once in a blue moon).

Rants/Raves: My office set up at my new university isn’t ideal... I’m having issues constantly with access to tools that I need, and the office staff accidentally double booked the same space and had to work that out — one month into my new job. Wasting time is so frustrating when you get tired easily. 

rave: The weather is finally improving in the desert :-). I’m v excited about October.

Questions: do you have a Doula?

GTKY:  If you could own a "vacation home" where would it be?
    either Laguardia, Spain (wine country and mountains near where I used to live) or a lake house near my family in Tennessee.
  • Re nursery: we have a second bedroom but... it’s basically my room, with my closet — and where I sleep because my husband snores, sadly. I am going to have to figure out how to transform it and still find a place to put my clothes 😂. Think I’ll probably just be roomies with our little girl for awhile lol.
  • @nhh11 yeah 0 nursery here because we don’t even have Sheetrock in our new house yet. You’re good!! Haha 
  • @tucsonftm that sounds so cute being roomies! Lol. I’m getting a doula and your post just reminded me that I need to call and book her! Several of my friends have had one and swear by it. It’s kind of like having your own personal birthing coach who can advocate for you at the hospital. 

@ibabyloveb87 Yay for a new house! When is it supposed to be finished?
  • @nhh11 that’s a darn good question. Original deadline was Christmas but we have had some delays so I’m not feeling optimistic. Hopefully January! 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/21, 18w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a piece of string cheese

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan mid October

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I am exhausted this week! I was traveling to Vegas for work and I had to stand for ~9 hours a day for the past three days… I don’t think my body has ever been in so much pain or so swollen! (Going to book a prenatal massage this weekend)

Raves: Now that my whole office knows I feel like the weird double life I’ve been living has come to a close haha

Questions: STMs: How did you go about finding a pediatrician? Did you ask friends or family or did you use other doctor referrals?

GTKY: Charleston, SC. Hands down. If I could afford to live there I would! 😊

• @fallonpartyfor2 you weren’t by chance at Pack Expo in vegas were you?? That’s why I was there and when you said you had to stand for 3 days at a booth you got me wondering! 
  • Felt the first little kicks from the outside last night :) More in the middle and lower than previous movements I’d felt from the inside so not sure which one it was but it was neat. My husband was out late teaching so he didn’t get to feel but hopefully soon!
  • @nhh11 Yes!! OMG what are the chances that we were both there. I was (probably looking miserable) at the Polychem booth.
  • @fallonpartyfor2, I had 3 friends at work recommend the same pediatrician so I went with her. She was already at the practice I planned to use. 
  • @nhh11 Yes!! OMG what are the chances that we were both there. I was (probably looking miserable) at the Polychem booth.
    Haha how funny!! I only walked the show one day and spent the other day meeting with customers so I got lucky not having to walk or stand as much! I work for a resin supplier. Small world!!