May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• - EDD: May 20th

- How you found out: Last Saturday, on the 4th day late, took 8 pregnancy tests haha! First three positive, then four negative, then another positive-I was so confused! Got another positive Sunday morning, confirmed at the doctor Monday! 

- Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I’m a high school English teacher-that consumes most my time! But I love to sing and dance when I get the chance, photography, going to sporting events/concerts/movies etc. 

- Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: Married to my husband 2 years, so far we just have our little maltipoo Rory:) So we’re very excited for our first baby!

- Anything you’d like us to know: I’ve dealt with a lot of anxiety in the past so hoping to keep that under control! So far I’ve been nervous but surprisingly positive. Also I can’t stop wondering about the gender-I honestly am hoping for a certain one pretty bad. Mostly just dying to get the first trimester done so I know baby and me are healthy and okay, then hoping I’ll sleep better at night! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KaylaSadie - Welcome! I very badly wanted a boy and had a girl instead for my first. I can tell you that once I got over my initial disappointment, I’ve been so surprised at how much I love having a girl. All that to say, it’s okay to have a preference, but try not to let that drag you down if you don’t end up with what you’re dreaming of. ❤️
  • @KaylaSadie - Welcome! I very badly wanted a boy and had a girl instead for my first. I can tell you that once I got over my initial disappointment, I’ve been so surprised at how much I love having a girl. All that to say, it’s okay to have a preference, but try not to let that drag you down if you don’t end up with what you’re dreaming of. ❤️
    This was my same experience. After the anatomy scan I would walk around the girls section at Target so many times and slowly got more and more excited. Now I couldn't imagine it any other way.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @onedopedoula yay I'm a doula too!! Unplanned here too, but doulas know how this happens so who am I kidding amirite?  :lol:  
  • @pb0801 I do the same as far as line of work!  And I admit I am struggling!  Congratulations!
  • Hi ladies! I just got my BFP this morning! Based on some quick calculations, it looks like my EDD is 5/28/2020. I am a registered broker and manage a small investment brokerage firm. My fiancé works at a quasi military youth academy. He should be on his way home from work within the next hour or so, I haven’t even told him the news yet! I had my IUD removed early July and we’ve been TTC since then. I have one DS, I have one DS both from previous relationships and we will be getting married in Seattle on November 9th! Looking forward to getting to know you ladies! 
  • - EDD 5/10 
    - I found out when I missed my period. I didn’t think I was pregnant & took a test only to appease my husband. We weren’t trying & thought we were being careful. 
    - I’m a stay at home mom. I love reading & decorating. 
    - I’ve been with my partner for 12 years (7 years married). We have a 6 year old son & a 4 year old daughter. They’ve both been asking for a brother & sister. Ha ha. We also have 1 fur baby a Sheltie named Memphis. He’s the best dog with our kiddos. 
    - we are not finding out the gender this time & the waiting may drive me crazy. With both pregnancies before I could tell what I was having before we found out. We are also waiting to tell our families until I start really showing (maybe Christmas). We are enjoying our little secret right now because once my mom finds out she tells everyone. We go to Disney world in November with my mother in law so we have have to tell her sooner. 
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date)
    6/1 but no June board yet
    - How you found out 
    Took a test after a week of my boobs killing me
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. 
    Working full time and have a 9 month old takes up all my time these days
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies
    Monday is our 2 year anniversary 
    - Anything you’d like us to know
  • Hi everyone! I just found out yesterday after I POAS to see if another drink was a good idea. I totally thought I was just experiencing PMS. Oops! I have a 4.5 YO boy and a 2 YO girl. We have only been trying for this one cycle since I had a loss in July. I was planning on getting an IUD if it didn’t workout this month. I work for a biomanufacturing company in the quality control lab but my particular position is going away so I will be moving to a different roll soon.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • @coopmke welcome! I’m from Wisconsin too.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Hello, all! I’m gograce. I was semi-active on the O15 board, lurked the O17 board, and maybe I’ll be able to keep up this time. I still talk to several girls from O15. It’s been so great watching our kids grow, celebrating new phases of life, supporting each other through the bad. I couldn't have made it this far without them.

-EDD: Apps are estimating my due date as 5/31, my mom’s birthday!
    - How you found out: We tried during my fertile period this cycle, so I’ve been testing the last couple of days. This morning I had a faint positive. Fingers crossed that it sticks!
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I’m back to teaching this school year after being a SAHM for almost four years. I was a new teacher when my son was born, so it’s almost like being brand new again. 
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: DH and I have been together 7 years. We’ve got two children, DS 4 (or will be 4 next week) and DD 2 (will be 2 this week). *TW* I experienced a chemical pregnancy in between our babies. *TW end* We also have a tuxedo cat, Cleo. Cleo showed up on our doorstep hurt, hungry, and having recently given birth in April of this year. We never found kittens near our house, and, honestly, that’s for the best. She’s fixed and an indoor kitty now. She’s unbelievably patient with our wild ones.
    -Anything you’d like us to know 🙂: My oldest two children were born via csection. I’ll be calling this week to set up my first appointment in October. I’m very excited at the prospect of having a “tie breaker” baby. Last thing, I use too many emojis. 💁🏻‍♀️
  • @coopmke @m6agua
     I’m in Wisconsin, too!  Just went apple picking today and was fortunate to be there during the break in rain!
  • EDD: May 21
    - How you found out- this was the first cycle of ttc, around 12dpo I decided to test even though symptomless and saw a very faint positive. 
    - Work in finance and have a spouse who works away from home for weeks at a time. 
    - Husband and I have been together over 10 years but just eloped this past year with our 3 year old son present. We’ve got two dogs and two cats, just a full house of crazy!
  • Hi! I found out I was pregnant about a week ago! EDD is 05/24. First pregnancy and can't help to feel nervous about the possibilities of miscarriage. Symptoms so far are very sore breasts and cramps. Cramps got really intense last night and kept me up! First doctor's appointment is next week (I was supposed to have my yearly physical so good timing). Do your significant others usually attend the first appointment? 
  • @knottieffa5ff01cf7609ac My DH hasn't come to either of my first appointments for DD or this one. For me they just confirm what my HPT said and talk about vitamins and eating safely. I got a script to get my blood drawn at lab and that was that. DH really came to the US appointments with DD. 

Welcome to the board! Check out the knottie user name thread to change your username. 
  • Hello! Jumping in here even though DD is June 2020, but I'm like a hot second pregnant soooo there is no June 2020 board yet.

- EDD (Estimated Due Date) June 3
    - How you found out 2 lines on a wondfo.  I just had this feeling I was going to end up pregnant this month, no idea why.  We weren't trying (nor were we preventing), but I've always hoped for an oops this go around because that sounds way easier than TTC and not meeting success, like with my last.
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. Middle school ELA teacher
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies - Husband, 2 boys (5 and 3) and a pup!
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂 This is my 3rd BMB and I'm excited to be back on TB! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CantWait2GainWeight It can definitely be a challenging field. I hope you have a ton of support amongst your supervisors and coworkers!!
  • @mokay19 and @m6agua hi to some local ladies! ☺️ I am in Appleton now... last time I was pregnant with my twins we were living in Milwaukee
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @coopmke @m6agua
    We’re building a house right now in Waterford (~30 mins southwest of Milwaukee). 
  • justamiragejustamirage member
    edited September 2019
    Hello ladies! This may be a little soon, but I’m going into this pregnancy with the hope all will go smoothly <3

-EDD (Estimated Due Date) - late May/early June?
    How you found out - Been feeling lightheaded, nauseous, and exhausted so I took a frer yesterday morning. 
    Hobbies, Job, Etc. - SAHM with a background in technical support. I’m a nerd. I like video games, the performing arts, reading, etc. I’m also fluent in memes, gifs, and puns. 
    Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies - M and I just made 8 years married yesterday! DS1 is 4y, and DS2 is 10m. We have a sweet doggie too. 

Edit: typo
  • I kept looking and looking for this group on the app and it just showed up today! I’m so excited to be here. I’m Jordan. I am just a hair shy of 30 and this is our fourth baby. It will also be my fourth c-section 😬. We live in Oklahoma and I am mainly a SAHM. 

- EDD (Estimated Due Date) May 10th

- How you found out- took a test, started to
    panic.

- Hobbies, Job, Etc.- SAHM but substitute teach on the side.

- Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Fur-babies- Husband is a construction superintendent. I have three kids already. Beckett is 6, Ford is almost 4 and Collins just turned 2. 
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂 I love some goooood trashy reality tv

M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.

DS1- 8/2013

DS2- 11/2015 (Second round IUI)

DD- 9/2017

Baby #4 Due 5/10/20 TEAM GREEN

• Hi! This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a 6 yo and a 4 yo and I am a SAHM. We always wanted a 3rd, but once we had two, we were like “nope, 2 is good for us!” But as my youngest got out of the toddler stage, we started talking about wanting a third again. We even got rid of all of our baby stuff after we had our 2nd, so now we have to buy basically everything again. Sigh!! Lol. 

• @knottief9f11c09621e0f72 Hello, and congrats!  When you get the chance, head over to Knottie usernames to learn how to change your username to something more easily recognizable so we can interact with you here.  A great place to start for a summary of how this group works can be found in *** read this first *** board organization.  I hope that helps!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Hi I guess I’m joining you all. I got my bfp yesterday morning. Honestly it was a shocker as I was on birth control. But after the initial shock we are happy to be adding another. We have a 12 year old (my stepson) 3 year old and 2 year old; all boys. I became really close with my last BMB J17 and look forward to getting to know everyone. 
  • My last two were 32 weekers @lfritos; I totally understand your trepidation. 
  • @ifritos The twins came at 34 weeks due to PIH. They spent 20 days in the Nicu and came home together. I spent fifteen days in the hospital being super closely monitored. I understand the anxiety. Very much hoping this single pregnancy goes to term.