May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• Well, good to hear that this “blump” is a thing! 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin hopefully some good stories for later, I hope!
  • @shamrocandroll I feel like they are definitely not as sore as they were.  I only notice the soreness if I touch them, before they would ache all day.  I also feel like the are much more sore at night and feel almost normal in the mornings.  

For me *TMI* constipation has come back with a vengeance.  Nothing really new at 8 weeks that I haven't been feeling since 6.  Oh except I have a HUGE zit that arrived at exactly week 8, day 1 and I can't remember the last time I've had a pimple.  
  • Loading the player...
  • TW MC dream

ugh the extremely vivid pregnancy dreams are starting and they were all nightmares last night. I have vivid dreams as it is, but they're extra vivid now to the point where I woke up and thought I actually had another MC like a week ago and went down stairs to take a test to figure out if that actually happened or not. 

One thing I remember from having DD I thought it was so strange the first month or so of her life I never had a dream from all the lack of sleep. I thought it was so strange that I went from having such vivid dreams to nothing but darkness.
  • @jhysmath I feel like I haven’t slept well since conception.  I pass out exhausted early then wake up halfway through the night and have hot flashes and indigestion then toss and turn for hours having one annoying dream after another.  I’m having so many dreams I feel like I’m awake all night.  They are stupid and stressful too.  I have always hade vivid dreams, but this is ridiculous.
  • @pirateduck That is me later in pregnancy the heartburn is the worst. You feel like there's just so much fire coming up all night long. I've been getting better sleep lately because since my BFP I've been slowly "ignoring" DD more and more so she's getting up less at night. I figure I've got to start something now because I won't be able to get up with both kids all night so a slow night weaning is necessary.
  • Welp I had my first episode where I actually threw up this morning.  I’ve been nauseous for about a week now. With my last two pregnancies I was sick 24/7. I’m currently 7 weeks anyone else on the sick boat too?
  • Nighttime heartburn and ingestion started a few days ago for me. Wakes me up, then can’t get back to sleep. I’ve been nauseous since week 5. 7weeks now. It has been amping up though. Haven’t thrown up yet, but it certainly is threatening. Gagging has started when I think about certain things, so that’s fun. This is all new to me, FTM. 
  • @hippiedippymama same here. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I really started feeling sick about a week ago. Today it's particularly bad. I didn't feel like this when I was pregnant with DD. Just trying to power through three more days at work and then I get fall break.
  • mokay19 said:

I feel like a lot of us are feeling this haha

I got ahead of this with baby #2 by munching constantly which helped but I also gained nearly 50 pounds so not sure which is better...
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • @mokay19 seriously. That is the story of my life right now. 
  • @mokay19 Ugh. Yes. I haven't thrown up, but I feel like I can't even drink water. 
  • @mokay19 that is 100% me right now.
  • @caponey Feel the same way about water but also soooooo thirsty at the same time.
  • I got evening sickness with DS. Looks like I am going to have that again. I am hungry but I hate looking at or thinking about food!
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • I got evening sickness with DS. Looks like I am going to have that again. I am hungry but I hate looking at or thinking about food!
    Amyface813 Me too!I can't stand most foods.  Just thinking about food makes me sick.  It's been such a struggle to eat even though sometimes I'm technically hungry.  I've never really felt anything like this.  I also feel so poor in the evenings.  The last time I vomited was after a late night at work.  
  • @mokay19 that meme exactly! Luckily I haven't actually gotten sick but those waves of intense hunger but food making it worse is just wonderful.

Other fun symptoms now that I'm moving through week 5 include - continued uterus aches/pains, super sore & swollen breasts, very oily skin with acne - more so and worst of all BACNE ;(, fatigue all day, waking up during the night. Just general ickiness and lack of desire to leave my bed ever.
  • Does anyone else suddenly become freezing during pregnancy? I had this with DD too.
  • soprano19 said:
    Does anyone else suddenly become freezing during pregnancy? I had this with DD too.
    I am cold all day and hot all night!
  • @soprano19 I looked back at the symptoms I posted about last pregnancy because I'm being crazy and over analyzing my lack of symptoms this one. Anyways, last time around I had posted how I was getting chills and always cold. Someone had commented saying I should have my thyroid checked. I never thought anything of it. Now looking back in hindsight, I probably should have asked for some thyroid tests as I developed thyroid issues postpartum and likely could have had issues during pregnancy. I'm not saying that is your case, but maybe worth mentioning at one of your appointments.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• edited September 2019
    Pretty good for a while very weak nausea, tender boobs and a metallic taste until the last few days. I hit 6 wk mark and full blown nausea and body aches. Would aches in my neck and arms be normal or is it something  else? 
  • @m6agua good to know! Thanks for the tip.
  • @knottie two posts above - glad you are here! Can you change to a username to make it easier to tag you? (Tried to copy and paste your knottie name on my phone and it didn’t work, alas!) I had a lot of muscle aches with DD in the first trimester, so guessing the aches you are feeling may be part of pregnancy symptoms. I haven’t been feeling it this time, but I am exhausted and oh, the indigestion. 
  • I'm not actually barfing but the low key seasick feeling nausea all day is really hard to live with (and work through -- I'm typically in meetings 7-9 hours a day). I don't think there's anything to do about it but ugh.
  • Y'all.. the insomnia hit this morning. I woke up at 5 a.m. and did ALL THE THINGS. I am going to dinner and to see Hamilton right after work, so it's going to be a looong day. But my laundry is done!  :D
  • @caponey I think I've had insomnia since before I knew I was pregnant.  It's getting old.  I sleep one night a week if I'm lucky.  I was so tired this morning I almost called out of work.  Dinner gives me indigestion and then it's tossing and turning and lots of dreams and lots of gas ALL night EVERY night.
  • @shamrocandroll I can't do parm right now! It's so sad! Yogurt also smells like feet.
  • @ruby696 Yep, that has already happened to me, too.  I've been drinking tea.  :'(  Although last time I was able to drink iced coffee no problem but couldn't drink hot, so maybe that's worth a shot?  

...Or maybe I should just take this as a sign that I should pick the Eagles over the Packers in tonight's game for my pick 'em league?  🧀🦅
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @ruby696 I almost lost it yesterday trying to sip my coffee. It smelled and tasted like nasty burnt popcorn (I love burnt popcorn, but this was gross popcorn that happened to be burnt haha)
  • @ruby696 I haven’t had coffee since before I took the test. The idea of it makes me gag. This happened with DS2 for my whole pregnancy. This time I can’t stand coffee or soda. 😣 Also no sweets. So sweetened drinks are out too. 😭
  • Ugh it's so sad. I only drank like a third of my coffee yesterday because it tasted off, but I didn't really think much of it. When MH grabbed two mugs out of the cupboard this morning, I couldn't even look at the empty mug. I'd switch to hot chocolate but I've already gained like 5lbs in the last month, so I need to watch that.

@mdfarmchick I will eat all your sweets. I stopped at the grocery store to pick up sour cream last night and I came home with an apple pie and vanilla ice cream. 🙈
  • @mdfarmchick I can’t  even look at sweets. DH bought apple cider donuts from the orchard last weekend and got me one and I was like “thanks but no thanks” 🤢

@ruby696 I laughed out loud at my desk at how you “came home with an apple pie and vanilla ice cream” haha how did those sneak in the cart?!?
  • @shamrocandroll NOOOO! The Packers are going to win!  :p  I'm still not looking forward to the traffic after work.

I am still able to drink my coffee thank god! Last night I was eating some cheese pizza for dinner. It was good, but I would chew and then when it came time to swallow I felt gaggy trying to get it down. I'm feeling a little gaggy again today and my head has felt like a balloon of pressure. I'm just thankful for some sort of symptom, even though I'm still second guessing constantly.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I had trouble eating guacamole  :'(
  • @m6agua I have no emotional investment in the game.  I just need to correctly pick the winner!  I think I've gotten every Thursday Night game wrong so far this season!  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ruby696 oh the sweets seem like a good idea and I buy them and then I can’t eat them. MH is already giving me the side eye.

@pirateduck I am feeling the same about guac. And I am so sad. 
  • @m6agua I picked GB just for you.  So now you have me to blame if they lose because I am 0-3 so far on TNF games.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19