Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 9/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/24

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, HIO, OPKs

R/R: finally, finally turned an OPK! The one I took last night was super close if not positive. Gonna keep testing 2x/day but I’ve gotta be close! Most awkward HIO last night - we do not do well with scheduled sex. Just me? 

CS/Q: next month 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, tracking CM

R/R: I didn’t have a very productive day at work yesterday, between stalking TB friends for updates on their appointments and then that drive by in the afternoon. Peggys, stay away today, I have work to do! We have dinner with my family tonight so looking forward to that but it’s going to make it hard to go to bed extra early like I want to. Someday I’ll get sleep, right?

CS/Q: I think I ovulated despite that random high CD 13 temp, just waiting for CH

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee we pretty much only have scheduled sex and it’s not awkward, I guess you get used to it haha. Glad you finally are seeing some progress on the OPKs!
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, & the good ol’ BD

R/R: Just want to brag on MH today. I’m currently sitting in bed drinking the coffee he brought to me, and he’s making us breakfast and unloading the clean dishes. He does this for me almost every day! 

I’m also really looking forward to this weekend, I’ll be going on a mini road-trip with my SIL and nieces for her birthday. She’s into tea, so we’re going to a formal tea, which normally doesn’t sound like my thing, but I’m looking forward to going for a chance to get dressed up, and since I’ll be with some of the best people I know. Luckily I’ll just be out of town for CD 7&8, so no risk of missing FD.  

CS/Q: nothing here yet

• Options
    @chaos-and-coffee yay for turning an OPK!! FX for you!

@bows22 I hear ya on not being productive yesterday. That Peggy thread grew so fast, I could barely keep up with it. My whole after school work was very neglected. Whoops. Looks like your timing is awesome this cycle!! FX for you!!

@singing_koala YH sounds so sweet. Your weekend plans sound so fun! Enjoy!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT, tracking CF, using FF, OPKs, prenatals

R/R: My parents are heading back to Florida for the winter on Saturday (they go early). My mom was saying that she wished they could get one last visit in before they head down so I talked to DH and we invited them over for dinner on Friday. I'm really glad we get to see them this week because the next time will be Christmas.

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @bows22 I totally relate on wanting to go bed early, but I hope your dinner company makes the later night worth it! Maybe you can duck out a little early. 

@chaos-and-coffee glad your OPKs are turning! & I hope you get more used to your scheduled BD. so far we haven’t scheduled, but I would think it just innately makes it feel less spontaneous/natural, so I’m sure you’re not alone! 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 he really is! 😊 thanks! Just gotta survive the rest of the school week haha. Glad you get to see your parents this week, I can’t imagine not seeing mine for that long, but they’re only 20 minutes away. Are y’all in a particularly cold winter climate?
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, overpriced pre-seed that I paid 2x as much for as I needed to

R/R: I'm really sore. It's a good sore (exercise-related), but it's also pretty intense. Also, anxiety sucks. Also, IDK I'm just in a crummy mood.

CS/Q: stabilized a bit

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    @chaos-and-coffee NOT just you, and I felt like I was putting a tampon in in front of DH using that pre-seed last night. Super sexy....

@bows22 there was a drive-by? I miss all the dramz. I like to see the dramz! ...I, too, was unproductive yesterday & pretty much every day & now have a lot of ground to make up today....oops.

@singing_koala RE: your brag - I think that's the sexiest thing I've ever heard......  :D 

@gingermama29 I'm glad you get to see your family again and not have to wait til Christmas :) 

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Options
    @gingermama29 thanks! It worked out that DH was out of town and we couldn’t start until CD 13 so then had the stamina for every day. I’m glad you are going to get to see your parents one more time, but 3 months is still a long time to wait for the next visit!

@singing_koala that’s so sweet of YH! This is in no way a complaint against mine, he does a ton for me, but bringing me coffee in bed on a weekday morning would never happen. It’s every man for himself😂. But it sounds amazing!  
  • Options
    @saladflambe yeah the drive by took offense to the standard “if you are pregnant no need to update us” and proceeded to mock our inability to get pregnant. She ended up getting banned. I’m sorry you are feeling crappy. I hope you can do something to treat yourself today!
  • Options
    @bows22 I gathered something like that had happened, but I never saw it. Assholes are ...well...assholes. 

And, thanks. I did have a pumpkin cream cold brew this morning! ...but I'm still grumbly... lol

• Options
    @singing_koala yeah we live in western NY so we get lots of cold and snow. But I love it! 

@saladflambe sorry you're feeling sore and crummy. Hope the day improves for you. And yeah, you missed a doozy of a Peggy yesterday.

@bows22 I'm glad things worked out so well this cycle. I'm crossing everything for you
  • Options

@chaos-and-coffee - yay for your OPK! That's such a relief when you've been waiting for days!

@bows22 - your timing looks good! Have fun at dinner.

@singing_koala - Your DH sounds like a gem and that birthday party sounds fun!

@gingermama29 - that's great that you get one more visit in before they leave!

@saladflambe - sorry you're feeling crummy today!

Month/Cycle: 13/13

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: opk, cm, prenatals, evening primrose oil, shatavari, SA within a month

R/R: I just switched to natural deodorant today and I'm nervous it won't work! I really went for it and didn't even get the stick kind, it comes in a jar and you apply it with your fingers. Keep your FX for me and the people in my vicinity.

CS/Q: nope

• Options
    @whitealbum29 if your natural deodorant doesn't work, I highly recommend Native!

• Options
    @saladflambe - ooh good to know!
    @kpearse99 - yeah it's solid and comes with this little scooper thing and you scoop out a pea-sized amount and warm it between your fingers and rub it in. *shrug emoji* Why do I feel the need for this level of experimentation? :joy: Yay for a date night and can't wait to hear how the RE appt goes!
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV, preseed, temping 

R/R: cycles not making any progress so I think I’ll just stay here indefinitely lol. Still I have a lot of hope this cycle. Just feeling pretty good.

CS/Q: none 

@chaos-and-coffee: yay for a positive OPK! It’s not just you we keep saying we can’t wait to get to bd for fun again. 

@bows22: look at that timing! 

@singing_koala: your husband seems so sweet. 

@saladflambe: where did you find the preseed cheaper? I just buy mine on amazon. I also just sneak under the covers to use the preseed. I know that my husband knows what’s going on but he pretends not to. 

@whitealbum29: I have tried so many deodorants and can’t find a natural one I like. Baking soda always gives me rashes and nothing else works. 

@kpearse99: hope all goes well tomorrow. Fingers crossed! 

• Options
    @saladflambe forgive my ignorance but a friend said she uses preseed 10 mins before HIO so it’s less awkward. Unsure how it works but debating buying some today if were gonna try HIO tonight and/or tomorrow. Awkward HIO=coconut oil was used last night because that’s all we had aside from regular lube and I was like no don’t kill the sperms! So sexy. No wonder we are awkward! 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee there are two ways you can use preseed - it comes with syringes so you can "shoot it up there" (for lack of better words) 10 minutes before or you can use it like you would any other lube and just apply it in the heat of the moment.  A little bit goes a long way, so I can't imagine needing to do the first way and honestly, that would be awkward for me, IMO, to prepare myself for sex 10 minutes ahead of time.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2 

CD: 51

WAYDTGTKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole & add in progesterone. 

R/R: Nothing too exciting going on this week, just trying to survive the last full week before vacation! Hoping AF shows up early next week, which should work perfectly with vacation and scheduling SHG for right after we get back...come on body, please cooperate! 

CS/Q: None. 

@chaos-and-coffee yay for positive OPK! Hope you confirm with your tests today that your surge happened! We have gotten used to the scheduled sex, but it is nice when it can be spontaneous still too!! 

@bows22 sorry you weren’t super productive yesterday...that Peggy was awful! 😡 So incredibly rude & hurtful! Hope you enjoy dinner with the fam tonight! And your chart & timing looks great! 

@singing_koala awe, that’s so sweet of YH!! Coffee in bed sounds quite nice! Your weekend plans sound wonderful...enjoy!! And yay for not missing FW with your travels!

@gingermama29 glad you will get to see your parents before they head to FL for the winter! I could see my parents being snow birds at some point, my mom hates the cold weather...and it’s not even that bad here in KY...it gets cold, but we don’t get much snow typically! 

@saladflambe sorry for the soreness & crummy mood! Yay for pumpkin cream cold brew...that had to help a bit! Hope your day gets better! 

@whitealbum29 hope the natural deodorant works...that definitely sounds interesting! 

@kpearse99 enjoy your week night date night!! That rarely happens for us! Hope your appt goes well tomorrow and timing will work out perfectly for your IUI this cycle! 

@beckylookatherbump hope O happens soon so you can move on to the TWW...but if not, I’ll be here forever it seems! ☺️ Glad you are positive/hopeful though! 

• Options
    @whitealbum29 FX that the new deodorant works out well for you.

@kpearse99 get it girl! FX for good news about your follies. I'm crossing everything for you!!

@beckylookatherbump sorry this is such a frustrating and long cycle. I'll still be here awhile too.

@bluetickgal FX for AF to get here soon! I really hope the timing works out like you're hoping!
  • Options
    @bluetickgal and @gingermama29 we can keep each other company lol. My last cycle was 84 days so who knows what this one will be. I’m sure it will start working it’s way back to normal. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I honestly can't be bothered to hide it roflol. DH doesn't care, and we pretty much just embrace our awkwardness. 

• Options
    @whitealbum29 I used a natural deodorant (Schmidt’s I think) and my armpits broke out in the worst rash! I was so allergic to it! 

@saladflambe @kpearse99 welp I just bought preseed at target so we’ll see!
  • Options
    @whitealbum29 ahh good luck with the natural deodorant! I would love to make the switch but I think it would give me so much anxiety that it would cancel out any benefits. I’m curious to hear how it goes for you!

@kpearse99 I cannot wait to hear about your appt tomorrow! Enjoy that date night with your guy!

@beckylookatherbump glad you are feeling good, but I hope you get some O signs soon!

@bluetickgal I am screaming at your body too haha! AF had better at least come at a convenient time after all of this 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee ahhhh that's the kind I got!! Yeah I think some people are sensitive to baking soda. Ugghh currently sitting with my arms glued to my sides reading some scary stuff about the "adjustment period" (14-30 days!!!) your body goes through when you stop using anti-perspirant with aluminum in it :cry:  ...it involves smelling bad.

• Options
    @whitealbum29 I'm telling you I switched from like Mitchum to Native - there was zero adjustment period. I smelled like coconut vanilla lol. 

• Options
    *lurking* I did not have luck with Schmidt's at all. Like pits still sweaty. Did absolutely nothing. I didn't have any skin issues with it but I have no faith in naturals deodorants working. It seems like Schmidt's either really works for you or does nothing.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @saladflambe yeah I'm going to force SO to smell me at the end of the day...maybe for a couple of days and if it doesn't go well I'm going to get some Native!
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 7/7, 3/3 AL

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPK, temp, traveling

R/R: Early high reading made me panic and buy a plane ticket for a 48h trip to AZ where MH is working.  It was expensive but hopefully worth it.  Usually don't O til CD19-20, but have as early as CD14.  Am I crazy?

CS/Q:

• Options
    Omg finally coming up for air after work. *phew*
    At least I’m going to get pampered today .. getting a haircut! Yay!

@bluetickgal Come on, AF!  I hope it works out as planned!

@whitealbum29 @saladflambe y’all are motivating me to try it! This is so weird but I honestly worry about my poor little clogged pores in my pits like every day.  they just seem so... coated in antiperspirant. However, Also worried about the adjustment though! Lol

@beckylookatherbump sorry your cycle is being undecipherable .. it can be so frustrating waiting and not knowing what’s up. I only had 4 extra days last cycle and it was miserable for those 4 days. 

@kpearse99 FX for your appt. tomorrow! I hope you get good news. And have fun tonight on your date. :) YH sounds like a winner too. 

@gingermama29 see, I think I’d LOVE cold weather like that. My dream forever was to live in Montana. Now I really want to go to Canada. I think I’d love it! 
  • Options
    @gh1219 it looks like your chart didn't attach - I don't see the image