April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions 9/22

Re: Weekly Questions 9/22

• Hey guys FTM here. I went to my first prenatal doc appt. last month and have my second next week. 

I did not have a physical exam at my first appt. but was able to see the baby’s heartbeat. I talked to the dr. for a while and had blood tests done. Does anyone know what I can expect for the second appt? Trying to decide if it’s worth my husband taking off work. Thanks in advance! 
  • Hey guys FTM here. I went to my first prenatal doc appt. last month and have my second next week. 

I did not have a physical exam at my first appt. but was able to see the baby’s heartbeat. I talked to the dr. for a while and had blood tests done. Does anyone know what I can expect for the second appt? Trying to decide if it’s worth my husband taking off work. Thanks in advance! 
    Honestly 2nd appointment is probably fairly boring stuff - urine sample, BP check, hear the heartbeat. I would have husband take off work for 20 wk anatomy scan if he can, but most other appointments are fairly boring.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited September 2019
    @knottie7b6857e671f2bbc4 I’m not sure what will happen at your second appointment. The first time around my second appointment was the NT scan. This time, it was an ultrasound and a conversation with the doctor. But, a lot of my appointments were just vitals and questions for the doctor or blood work. Reach out to your doctor’s office and ask. Also, can you please change your username so that you are easier to recognize and respond to? There is a post toward the top of the board called Knottie Usernames that has instructions. Thanks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @knottie7b6857e671f2bbc4 I had MH take off for my first appointment and anatomy scan and that was it. The rest of the appointments are really boring - weight check, BP check, talking about bloodwork, doing bloodwork, questions for the doctor, stuff like that.
    I do wish I had had him with me when I was trying to discuss my choice to have a c section, but I managed on my own in the end lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • STM here and I was 12 weeks Saturday. I swear I felt something today and I read that your second baby you can sometimes feel the baby earlier. Anyone else feel their baby moving? Made me so happy! 
  • @knottie7b6857e671f2bbc4 how far along are you? I always made sure MH came to the bigger appointments (NT and anatomy scan) but other than that, I went solo. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

My first appointment last week was very similar! I answered a few questions, had a transvaginal ultrasound, and did blood work. The nurse mentioned that during my 2nd appointment I’ll have my physical exam, more blood work, and another ultrasound. It may be the same for you. 

My DH doesn’t plan on going to the 2nd appointment, but he’s planning to come to the NT ultrasound. He’s picking and choosing which appointments he can take off work.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • We're in the same boat, DH is limited with how much he can come to so we pick and choose.  Last pregnancy he came to the first and second u/s and the anatomy scan.  He skipped the NT scan.  But my DH also has to fight pretty hard to be around for my scans since he has the vasovagal syncope thing going on and will pass out.  He's pretty much there, but not there haha.  At my anatomy scan my MIL came too which was nice since DH had to leave since the tech was using too many trigger words.
  • Any other Hypothyroid mamas in here?  Just got my results back and my TSH is 3.25.  So little high meaning low.  I’m 12 weeks and a bit worried.  My thyroid was more stable with my other two pregnancies.   I know they will have to adjust my dosage but results came a month late for some reason. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Sincera4 mine isn't normally low, but it came back with my bloodwork at 2.94 so I started on synthroid this weekend and I'll go back in a few weeks for more bloodwork
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited September 2019
    @Sincera4 I was also considered sub-clinical hypothyroid due to pregnancy which means my TSH jumped up when i got pregnant. I'm on 50mcg levo.
  • @KFrob I have neurocardiogenic syncope (which is basically vasovagal) that's so interesting that DH is triggered by words/scans. Does he have a hard time with blood? I am really affected by light, extreme heat and nausea (if I get sick I pass out).

DH will come with me to all scans and any appointments with MFM or genetics. Regular OB stuff he tends to skip.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited September 2019
    @doraleigh35 all things blood and body related.  The word Csection, placenta, AIDS/HIV, the sight of blood, talk or images of anything medical.  He almost passed out during our hospital tour because they kept saying Csection.  He had to sit down with some apple juice.

edit to add the more anxious he is and anticipates what hes going to see or hear the worse it is 
  • @KFrob that's tough and crazy! How did he survive your deliveries/hospital visits? None of those things trigger me at all. But I had to have the lights dimmed as much as possible while in labor with DD and had to close my eyes in the OR during my CS.
  • @doraleigh35 He barely survived!  With DD1 he was a trooper, he stayed near my head and right next to the bathroom.  He even saw her crowning, then immediately ran to the bathroom so he didn't pass out.  When its go time though he has to leave the room.  With DD2 he had an early trigger with a botched IV and was pretty much out of the room the whole time and she came so fast he didn't even realize she was born.  
  • @cmmurphy212 yes, I swear I felt little flutters last night. This is my 2nd as well, and I read the same about feeling things earlier the 2nd time around. I almost posted about it, but I convinced myself it was just gas and it was probably too early. I'm 13+1. Now, after reading your post I'm thinking it might have been those early flutters! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've decided the best way to explain how I'm feeling is to combine terrified and excited. Which works better... Terricited or Excitified? Bc seriously, especially until we get some genetic info and hopefully ALL good news, I am just a solid combo of the two. 
    Also... best outfits to hid this for another few weeks? 3rd in 3yrs- Pretty sure I'm looking like 4+mos along already!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I hear you....also waiting for genetic info, also terricited (i like it)! This is my 3rd in 3yrs as well and I definitely already look pregnant. I am wearing maternity (side panel) dress pants or Old Navy rockstar jeans (non maternity, but they have elastic waist and I bought up a size) and bought a few flowy tops (without that maternity empire waist and belt) in a larger size to get me through. I just got them at Walmart for like $16 each, inexpensive and only plan to wear them a few weeks. I would prefer to wait to announce until after the Anatomy Scan, but I don't think that is an option.

• @smallbutmighty77 I will also vote for terricited. I have no particular advice on hiding pregnancy. Nothing I tried worked. I’ve had a ton of people ask me already. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @smallbutmighty77 that's definitely how I feel too. Especially with my history, until I get to viability day I feel like I'm constantly on edge.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Those of you with kids already, when do you plan on telling daycare/filling out paperwork to save a spot for this next child?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • piggybacking on @Kathryn0903 s question: when did FTM put their names down in daycare to save a spot? I hope i'm not too late.
  • @sanpelligrino I don't remember exactly, but I know I was in 2nd trimester probably around 20 weeks. It can all depend on the area, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 daycare knows since DD1 spilled the beans but we haven’t officially put our name down.  I don’t think it will be a problem though cause I know they’re trying to increase enrollment 
  • OK, i better start looking then. We haven't decided how long we want to have a nanny before putting the kid in daycare. 
  • I had a question. But now I can't remember it. Darn mom brain!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Kathryn0903 We already talked to daycare and paid for the spot, because they said they were filling up. Our daycare is super awesome and popular, so it makes sense that they are filling up. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited September 2019
    (Post Deleted— meant for weekly random)
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @Kathryn0903 I'm in Canada so I'll be taking a lengthy mat leave, but I plan to talk with our dayhome provider in December after the Anatomy Scan. She typically will hold a spot for a sibling. We also have to start looking at preschools for DD.

@sanpelligrino it may depend on your area and the daycare. I've had friends who have toured and put their name down at like 12w. The daycare at my work has a 2yr waiting list (why we skipped it). You may want to see if there is a local Moms FB group in your area that you can ask.
  • probably talking to our daycare before we even tell our parents! They know our whole story and were excited to have our son when we expected him to go there, so I expect they will be super supportive and excited. But we need to secure our spot asap. 
    We LOVED their infant/toddler room so excited to see those teachers more again. Not in love with the 2s afternoon teacher so might be a good time to bring it up when we mention adding. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @sanpelligrino do you have a daycare in mind? If not, I would tour a few now and put down a deposit for a spot, infant rooms are kept small and fill up fast. For my DD, I put down a deposit and claimed a spot when I was about 8 weeks. It was the last spot for the date I needed her to start too. I know our current daycare, has a months long waiting list but I think I’ll be staying home so I’m not jumping on a spot. 

We have friends who stupidly waited until the baby was born to try and find care...instead they had to fly out and pay her mom to watch the baby for the next year because none had openings for infant rooms. It can get crazy!

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• wow! thank you for that tip @coaster102516 I do have a daycare in mind, our friend's son goes there and they've been very happy with the standards. I think its time for DH and I to pay them a visit and put down a deposit. Between DH and I, we will stay at home for 4-5 months for sure to utilize our maternity and paternity leave. After that is when we would need a nanny or a daycare. Ideally I want to enroll our baby in daycare only after 7-8 months, but i'm not sure how we can pull that off. 
  • So, I’ve started being able to feel a little bump. It’s so weird! (FTM, after an early loss in April, so by weird it’s in a good way!) but, I’ve noticed that it’s a little tender. Does anyone else feel this?