April 2020 Moms

Pregnancy announcement

2»

Re: Pregnancy announcement

• babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited September 2019
    @jenabary My DH was there when I took the test, but I also bought him a book of Dad jokes and “We’re Pregnant” book written by a dad! 

We get this date box subscription for at home dates and one of them was a painting date. We were on vacation at a rented cabin when we did it and both sets of parents were going to be visiting us that week, so I painted two loons with a baby loon and April 2020 on it. My DH painted a blueberry with “7 weeks” written on it, which was how far along I was and the size of the baby at the time. We showed them our families our paintings as our reveal. It took a little time for them to catch on, but not too long! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jenabary - both DH and I have very large families - for me, it's 6 sisters and their spouses and children. For DH, he's got a very close group of extended family, like 6 aunts and a ton of cousins that he grew up with, seeing them at all major (and minor TBH) holidays. 

For us, we used this litmus test - would the person call us if they had similar news or would we find out from someone else? That meant that his parents and grandparents got calls, and a few of my close sisters and his sister were told individually. And a few close friends who had been supporting us through our fertility treatments were the first to know because we were constantly discussing what was up with my cycles. 

On the other hand, my father and some of my sisters who I am not that close with found out through the grapevine or social media, along with all our other extended family and friends. 
  • II am going to make a shirt similar to this one and this will be how we announce to some of our family! Will likely wait til end of Sept/beginning Oct. 
    26 y/o FTM (biologically)
    1 Child - Son - 9 y/o
    Married - DH 27 y/o 
    BFP: 10/13/17
    EDD: 6/22/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • BC of our loss, we are holding a bit. We will have some genetic test results mid Oct, so hoping to hold til then. With DS we did things kinda half assed and bc of everything that happened we promised to go all out for this kid. So, something halloween themed maybe? 
    Now if only I could hid it for another month. 3rd kid in 3 yrs means I pretty much have looked some level of pregnant since 2016.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I think this one is great but it will be too early for me. I love Hocus Pocus!

• @lisush I saw an ad for that shirt on Facebook! I love it! 
  • @lisush I ordered that shirt from Etsy last night! I'm thinking it'll be my halloween shirt and how we announce on social as long as we have the results from our CVS. Even if we don't I won't be able to hid much longer.

I'll probably tell work earlier that week. i got a shirt that says 'Yes...Again' with footprints and ' Due 4/20-all the high jokes' on the front, then it says 'some level of pregnant- 2016, 2017,2018,2019,2020' on the back. The bottom back says 'Damn I feel like a Duggar' which hopefully isn't offensive. I work in a super liberal office so they will think it's funny. Plus, I have been pregnant here more than I haven't been so- it's just a joke at this point.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • This was our reveal to DS (he’s 9)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Super cute ideas! I don’t have my first ultrasound until oct 3 - I will be 12 weeks. We are waiting until after the ultrasound to tell people. I’ve ordered cards for close friends and family members as we will be seeing them one on one and not in a group. They say “guess what” on the outside and “we’re having a baby!” on the inside. So we will still get to see their reactions. I saw this idea on Pinterest for a social media post with a letter board with some catchy sayings and the ultrasound pic to announce the pregnancy. I haven’t 100% decided yet.
  • I'm telling my sister this weekend when she comes to visit. DHs best friend's wife is due around the same time, so I think I'm going to mess with my sister a bit and tell her how we have awesome news- and tell her they are having a baby and then follow up with 'oh, and we are too' 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • @fitzandgiggles that is such a cute announcement! and i all i can say to you SIL's comment is WOW!
  • @ejoseph16 That is so cute. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • We got outed at my fatherin laws wedding this weekend so announced today lol

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All these announcements are so darn cute! we just sent out announcement cards to our families :) cant wait for them to receive it.
  • @ejoseph16 that's so cuuuuuute!
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker