May 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In: 9/19

A day late, but figured thats not too bad!

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In: 9/19

• Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 I could manage two more kids (financially would be a big stretch, but we would be okay), and I would be excited to have a big family, but I would be really stressed about a high risk pregnancy. But three? I can't even fathom it.

@mokay19 Thanks, I think? 😂 And I will take all your sugary foods. I found meyer lemon shortbread cookies in my desk yesterday and it was the highlight of my day. I ate. them. all.
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited September 2019
    What's going on this week? Not much, work has been slow and the week has gone by slow. I'm just happy for the weekend and no plans!

How far along are you? 6+1

Upcoming appointments? Tuesday Sept 24, with the PA. First "OB" with the midwife Oct 14th

Cravings/Symptoms? Most of my symptoms are not the "typical" ones. My skin is breaking out at my jawline/chin, peeing a lot, bloating, diarrhea, restless sleep, lots of cm. I haven't really had any nausea or fatigue. Maybe slight nausea starting today, it is hard to tell though. My boobs were sore a bit the first couple weeks, but that has gone away. I wouldn't say cravings but this week regular food doesn't sound good and I just want junk food like pizza and fast food.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? We are going to an indoor waterpark with some friends and their kid who is DD's age (3). Well they just won a 1 night stay at another hotel near where we will be. So we extended our trip by 1 day! Now we will do Saturday-Monday at the first place and then switch to the other hotel Monday-Tuesday! I am so excited, but it is still 2 weeks away. Yeah I won't be able to do most slides, the hot tub or drink. But the other mom is pregnant and due in January and we will have the toddlers so probably sticking around things they can do anyway.

Questions? Nope
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @ruby696 I am so jealous of your food plans today. I've got everything crossed for a great US Monday!

@mokay19 +1 for not enjoying sugar....

@m6agua I think those symptoms are typical! Your weekend away sounds super fun.

@yodamama I guess I didn't realize we are both in Virginia! I still have never been to Busch Gardens. Have fun if you go!

What's going on this week? Pretty boring week, just work. 

Upcoming appointments? 10/4 

Cravings/Symptoms? I'm nauseous 24/7 but I never vomit, so I guess that's a bonus. Nothing sounds good for food, except mostly junk food. I had a craving for Mexican the other night so we went and then after I ordered it looked awful and I could only eat like 3 bites. Sad day. My cramping/low back pain has slowed down and my boobs are finally a little tender. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? DH and I are going on a date tonight! It's our anniversary next week. I'll probably be exhausted by 9 but oh well. :) 

Questions? Nope.
  • @ruby696 Yummy a PSL does sound good!! FX for one healthy HB on Monday. 

@mokay19 Enjoy the concert! I dread walking into the bathroom (although my smells haven't bothered me yet 😂) but the smells others leave have been a struggle. 

@m6agua Have fun at the water park!! I've been getting weird pimples. Last week I had one on my wrist? and this week I've had a stubborn huge one above my eyebrow. Go for the fast food! You can eat healthy during the 2nd tri!

@yodamama Omg! I love that you have a cupcake tattoo. Check another over here for being super bloated. I'm definitely not constipated tho. I've been waking up at 3:51 on the dot all week. An hour before my alarm! 

What's going on this week? I swear this was the longest week of school weeks. It gets easier soon, we get some random holidays in a couple weeks! That'll help!

How far along are you? 5w+5

Upcoming appointments? Monday! But it's just a nurse appointment. They'll do a urine test to confirm. I mean I can show them the pics of the 7 tests I've done. I'll probably get a script to get blood drawn at a lab too. With DD I had to go to a class around 9 weeks before the first midwife/ dr appt. I'm hoping STMs don't have to do that!!

Cravings/Symptoms? The nausea is starting to ramp up. I've been so tired too. Looking forward to two days of being able to sleep more. Sore boobs, some RLP when I stand up really fast. I've been decently irritable and DD has gotten some mean mommy lately. I feel so bad...poor girl. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Telling my dad this weekend. My mom guessed last Sunday but said she'd keep it a secret from him until I told him. I wish we could have waited longer to tell. DH will then insist on calling his parents to be fair. With DD we made it to 11-weeks.
  • @ruby696 secretly hoping for 2 as well but a healthy pregnancy more than anything!

@mokay19 I think I’ve been eating enough sugar for both of us.  I am typically more of a savory person but not anymore!

@m6agua that sounds fun even if you have to pass on a few things!

@yodamama I’m waking up to pee as well and it takes forever to fall back asleep. I’d love a full night of sleep!

@rachelg777 happy early anniversary! 

What's going on this week?  We had a ultrasound yesterday and just feel so relieved that we heard the heartbeat. DD has been especially nuts lately and I’ve barely been keeping up

How far along are you? 7 weeks today

Upcoming appointments? Just went yesterday so another 4 weeks 

Cravings/Symptoms? Major meat aversions and craving sweets- especially lemon stuff.  Feeling tired, nauseous, and have headaches. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? TGIF. Really need to catch up on housework this weekend.

Questions? Nope
  • @rachelg777 I'm so sad you didn't want your Mexican food. That's just so disappointing. 

@jrouge12 Have fun telling your dad this weekend! I wouldn't want to tell my in laws early (I don't, we'll wait until Thanksgiving) but MH doesn't really care about fairness. So luckily it's worked out. I hope everyone is super excited for you!

@newmomtx06 Ah, the great you got to see the HB!
  • @ruby696 all your food choices sound good to me too! And I'm nervous about Monday too, but mostly excited. And those lemon cookies sound super good, when I was pg with DS, I had GD and that was the same time that lemon oreos came out and they're insanely high in carbs and sugar so I refrained, but H's grandma showed up at the hospital with a package for me and I ate damn near the whole thing after delivery.  That woman is a saint!

@mokay19 omg you poor thing, but that's kinda funny that your pee smell almost made you throw up! Have fun at Jobros!

@m6agua ooo that water park sounds awesome! Sucks that it's still 2 weeks away, but it sounds like it'll be a blast.

@yodamama your rotisserie chicken comment made me lol.  Now I've got a hankering for some chicken

@rachelg777 aww man that sucks about the mexican food. Have fun on your date!

@jrouge12 gl telling your dad and your inlaws.  We definitely told people earlier this pregnancy that any of our others, but everyone knew we were starting IF testing, so they knew we were trying anyways.

@newmomtx06 yay for seeing the heartbeat!

What's going on this week? DH has some family in from out of state so we have to spend some time with them this weekend

Upcoming appointments? u/s with the RE on Monday, OB 10/08

Cravings/Symptoms? I've started getting heartburn which I got a TON of with DS so, even though it's annoying, I'm not complaining :) I'm exhausted by 7:30 pm and I'm super bloated and gassy.  Lol, I told DH he's lucky he has sleep apnea and sleeps with a c-pap because this gas is no joke 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm on my computer right now, for some reason, I can't log into the app.  Is anyone else having this issue? I uninstalled it from my phone and re-installed it and it still says my username or password is incorrect, but it's the exact same one I just used to log into my desktop.  What a pain!

Questions?
  • @splashmountain lol to the c-pap hiding the gas 😂
    also, my app has been super annoying lately where it randomly tells me that I’m not logged in even if I just commented or posted. TB app has never been great... actually, it’s always sucked haha
  • What's going on this week? Traveling! Cousins wedding 14 hours away. And my toddler just came down with a slight cold, so fun times. I’m sure I’m next. 

How far along are you? 4 weeks

Upcoming appointments? I need to call Monday. I should have done it last week, but I really wanted to keep it to myself for a few days. Mfm, obgyn and cardiologist are all being called first thing Monday!!

Cravings/Symptoms? Bloat and brain fog. A little bit of nausea, but not really yet. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? My son was relatively good on the car ride. I wa so proud of him. But he was a jerk face yesterday. NO! I don’t like you mommy! All day. He didn’t sleep well in the hotel, and was stuffy. I forgot to give him his Zyrtec too, so fx it’s just allergies.

Im mobile bumping, but I’ll try for tags. I apologize in advance... the poppy seed stole my brain. 

Questions? 

• @splashmountain It's serious when someone is lucky to use a c-pap! 🤣

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I totally get wanting to keep it to yourself. It's nice to just pretend, for a minute, that everything is normal. Needing to be monitored is so stressful. ❤❤