May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• I feel like I’m SS-ing worse than during TWW. Just 4w4d today but I’ve had intermittent intense smells, waxing and waning boob soreness, but the worst has been at least one episode of vertigo a day for the past few days. Pretty sure I will be outed at work if this keeps up. 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• super weird symptom... I grow skin tags during pregnancy. First one showed up. Anyone else? Just me?....  :p
  • Loading the player...
  • @rachelg777 I grew skin tags with DS, but not with DD. But I think I was close to or in 3rd tri before mine showed up...
  • Balled my eyes out today. I'm not usually a person who cries but  I walked in to the social studies classroom and they were showing the new PSA against school shootings that a Sandy Hook group put out and started crying in front of the entire class. So yeah, it's a great way to start the day. 
  • rachelg777rachelg777 member
    edited September 2019
    @ruby696 Interesting! Did yours eventually go away? I grew 2 with DS and one never went away and one did. They both showed up in first tri though.

eta
    @jhysmath I'm sorry, that sounds like a tough morning. 
  • Pregnancy hormones are in full force today. I'm annoyed. Everything is an annoyance. I just want to be left alone.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @rachelg777 I grew a bunch (so effing gross), mostly on my chest and arms. They all went away after I gave birth, except on little one on my arm. 
  • @ruby696 Pregnancy is so weird. Hopefully you don't have to deal with them this time. :) 
  • I grew a couple skin tags with DS1 and one stuck around. I didn’t have any with DS2. But yes @rachelg777 pregnancy IS weird and gross. 
  • @rachelg777 I got a few as well and they never went away. They popped up near the end of 2nd trimester.
  • I'm glad to see it isn't just me - any time I've ever brought it up to anyone before they are just like wow that's strange. I mean it is but... 
  • I went to bed at 7:30 last night and slept for 11 hours. I'm still tired. I just ate pizza for breakfast because it was the only thing that sounded good. I'm trying really hard not to spew. 
  • @caponey I miss being able to sleep through the night never mind 11 hours. So envious of you! 
  • @yodamama that’s a good idea, I was so sick last time.
    So far just tired, and brain fog. When did morning sickness start for everyone?  

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I've just started feeling queasy in the last couple days. Today I'm 6 weeks and it's definitely stronger, but I'm no where near throwing up.
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin I’m 5 weeks and have been nauseous and gagging and throwing up basically since the day I took the test. The past two to three days have been pretty awful. I don’t have HG but I throw up 3-4 times a day from the beginning until 17-19 weeks. 
  • Sickness has been building gradually since 5 weeks.  This morning I woke up and vomited right away.  Thankfully I had a bucket next to my bed just in case.  I  was feeling sick last night too and wanted to be prepared.   
  • @yodamama yes, same. I’m just irrationally irritated and ANGRY. I’ve puked twice today. Gagged the whole time I made my boys a snack, calmly gave it to them, and then walked into the bathroom and puked. I was pouting this morning because I felt pretty okay minus the random rage so I can’t be angry about getting sick. It was actually a relief it came back. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry for all you ladies who are feeling and getting really sick, especially the ones that it continues so long for. 
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @rachelg777 I got a bunch of skin tags when pregnant with DD. I hated it. But somehow they did mostly go away, which I was so glad about. It must be that some people are just disposed to it or something. 
  • @jhysmath that stinks.  I'm sorry :( sometimes I really dislike the strong emotions that come with this whole thing.  Early last pregnancy before I had told anyone really at work I found out we were having tacos at a work lunch (my favorite and one of the few things that didn't sound gag-worthy at the time) and I legit started crying happy tears and had to go hide so people wouldn't think I was just a big fat fatty taco lover :D

Near the end of last pregnancy I started getting itchy and rashy where I would scratch until I bled, have to take ice cold showers at 2AM to try and soothe it to get some sleep, work from home to have ice packs on me etc.  My OB said it didn't really sound like classic cholestasis and couldn't really decide what it might be.  They did some blood work but didn't order the exact right thing to test for cholestasis.  One level came back slightly elevated but the other test was going to take a couple weeks to get results and I was already like 37 weeks so they just had me do NSTs and induced me at 39 weeks to be safe so no real conclusion what caused the itching but it did go away within a few weeks of delivering.  I think it's coming back this week and I am so dreading this if I have to deal with it the ENTIRE pregnancy and also worried of course if it is cholestasis since I know that can be dangerous.  I'll mention to my dr at my next appt in October and hopefully they'll start blood work early to get a good plan for me.
  • @bananapanda happy tears about tacos made me giggle 😂 I also tear up at the most random things! I hope you’re itching goes away and isn’t connected to cholestasis!

• The tacos made me laugh out loud. I hope your itchies goes away. Must be so uncomfortable.
    I've been getting jaw pain. On the left. It hurts when I open my mouth wide. I don’t know if it’s related at all. I’ve been congested and mouth breathing a lot at night, so maybe that? Been nauseous, no vomiting though! Hope it’s not coming! 
  • @bananapanda ugh. That is so frustrating. I too was super itchy with my first especially the last four weeks. I didn’t scratch myself that bad, but MH was on top of trying to help me not scratch. I didn't make it past 36 weeks with my second so I don’t know if it would have started again or not. I have a friend who has had cholestasis with all three of her pregnancies so she was induced at 37 weeks with each of them. She only had it later in her pregnancies though. I hope you don’t have it already. 
  • @smashley09 my jaw always hurts when I’m nervous/stressed out because I hold tension in my jaw. Is that a possibility? 
  • @bananapanda I had that itching thing too! That was awful.

currently I’m in bed, can’t eat. Puked all day. I called in sick and I got six new kids in my class today. I don’t know what I’m gonna do on Monday. 
  • The nausea has hit me a lot harder all of a sudden these past few days. It's gotten considerably harder to power through a day of teaching. I'm pretty much just trying to eat the things that sound good rather than force myself to eat a balanced diet. Today it was Ritz crackers with cheese and apple slices. I also suddenly hate everything sweet.
  • @soprano19 I’m with you. But nothing sounds good. Most of the time. 
  • Yes MFing six! I work in a district that has been in the national news for mismanagement and money issues, and their solution to overcrowding at another school eight miles away is to bus them to me. My partner texted me today that she wants to quit. She got 8. 
  • I have been so miserable all day and I am so grumpy we signed up for a communication in marriage class tomorrow that’s all day because I wanted to just spend the day in bed... 
  • 8w1d and haven't actually puked successfully but ugh I feel like trash. I almost think the constant nausea is worse than getting sick like with my first four. I was out all day yesterday with my SIL looking for a dress for me to wear in her wedding and it was hell! DH and I aren't telling family that I'm pregnant until Halloween when I get to second tri, mainly because her wedding is on the 6th and we don't want to risk drawing too much attention away from her and her hubby.

So luckily "something is going around" and that's why I don't feel good. :wink:
  • @losersaidwhat I describe the nausea to DH as a hangover where you just feel queasy all the time and if the wrong thing happens, you vom. He goes “Hm. That sucks... but I hope it’s a good sign for the baby!” 😂 
  • The mood swings.
  • @losersaidwhat With DD I never threw up, it was just 24/7 nausea. Sea Bands helped (a bit). Nausea is just starting to ramp up for me.
  • I never had such fatigue with my two little ladies.  I can hardly function.  I could literally sleep all. day. long.  Is that normal?  I had symptoms before I had my BFP this go around which I never had with my two ladies.  It was the debilitating fatigue and headaches.  Nausea comes and goes.  I need a nap!
  • @mokay19 that's a perfect description for the nausea! 

right now for my it's a lot of sleepiness and the all day queasy feeling. tried to sneakily snack on crackers all day at work yesterday and bought some ginger peach drops that I'm hoping will help me out. also apparently hate onions and avocado now which is really freaking my husband out because avocados are one of my favorite foods!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @heyybritt Onions were a huge aversion for me with DD. I currently can't stand the sight/smell of bananas or yogurt.
  • jrouge12 said:
    @heyybritt Onions were a huge aversion for me with DD. I currently can't stand the sight/smell of bananas or yogurt.
    OMG.  Bananas kill me too.  My coworker had a ripe banana and I almost gagged.  I had to move it.