Group 1 (2/1-2/7) check in w/o 9/16

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Group 1 (2/1-2/7) check in w/o 9/16

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 20 weeks today! Due February 3rd

banana 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Our gender reveal is on Saturday. I am sooooo excited!!!

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for the anatomy scan. It’ll be the first time we’ve seen the baby since 8 weeks so my husband and I can hardly wait. My mom is coming too (her birthday is tomorrow) so she’s thrilled to see her first grand baby as her birthday present. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling great! The heartburn is real, and so is the swelling. But other than that I’m feeling normal.

Rants/Raves: All raves this week! We got everything ready for our gender reveal this weekend (finished decor and bought the food) so all we have to do is set up on Saturday. My husband also felt the baby kick for the first time yesterday ❤️

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Probably French or Italian. We really want to go to Europe one day and it would be so nice to speak the languages over there. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 19w3 days EDD 2/7

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a peanut butter jar

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out next Monday as long as baby cooperates!

Upcoming Appointments: A/S scan on Monday and then next appt with my OB on 10/8.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling pretty great! 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Probably Spanish to be able to communicate with some of my customers who are Mexican. I took 4 years of Spanish in HS/College and used to be pretty fluent, but I didn't really keep up on it after and have lost most of what I had learned.
  • Loading the player...
  •  EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/6, 19+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Gameboy

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out on Friday, but we're not telling anyone. 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan on Friday, midwife next Tuesday. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Mostly good. I'm craving all things chocolate, which is tough for someone with GD. 

Rants/Raves: Rave- I finally bought a pregnancy pillow. Why didn't I do this sooner!?! It's delightful.

Questions: Hoping they'll all be answered in the anatomy scan.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why?  I really wish my french were better. I can read it but I have trouble with oral comprehension and never learned to stop translating and think in French. Spanish would be very useful in every day life as I have a lot of latinx neighbors and coworkers. 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 20 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: girl!

Upcoming Appointments: Friday

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): stressed ugh

Rants/Raves: rant- just got a call from my dr. I have to go get another anatomy scan. They found a large mass in my placenta. She said it looked like it could be an old bleed or a mass of some sort but right now they just aren’t sure. 

Questions: Any tips on calming down and not stressing? I know there is nothing I can do but I am freaking out inside.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I’d love to be able to speak sign language fluently.
  • @taylor2020 enjoy your anatomy scan! My mom has attended ultrasounds with me in the past - we had so much fun!

@bg122785 I also used to be fluent in Spanish, but got out of practice. I’m sure if I had the opportunity to practice, some of it may come back, but... 🤷🏻‍♀️

@tashia5587 good luck at your scan!

@kmj1426 I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that stress. I was feeling that way for several weeks after I had some bleeds and was diagnosed with placenta previa at the ER. It sucked and it was so hard not to focus on it. My only advice is to try and take it day by day, and know you are in good hands with your docs. I hope it resolves itself or the doc says it’s a non issue. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/5/20 / 19+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 24

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I feel good! I’m super hungry lately, which I think is a good sign that baby is growing. I also saw kicks last night while I was laying down. My favorite part of pregnancy! 

Rants/Raves: I’m in NYC for work this week, and then H goes out of town right when I get home. We have been ships passing lately, which is a bummer. Ready for things to settle down a bit work wise. 

Questions: None

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I would say Japanese. H and I really want to take a trip to Japan, and it would be nice to converse easily. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 20+5, 2/1

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: PINK 💗🎀

Upcoming Appointments: had my anatomy scan this morning! Next appointment is 10/16!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): pretty great except still experiencing a lot of round ligament pain that keeps me up at night. 

Rants/Raves: rave- ITS A GIRL!! We found out today but I’ve had a pretty strong feeling since the day I found out i was pregnant that it’s a girl. Most of the wives tales and gender predictors said girl, but I was still nervous to find out! It honestly feels like a dream right now! Rant- just tired and mad I can’t sleep through the night. I think I need to buy a different pregnancy pillow to keep me on my side but I can’t decide what would be better. Any suggestions?

Questions: nope

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Probably Spanish. I took it for 5 years in middle/high school and I just wish I had stuck with it. All those years of practice and I don’t have much to show for it😂
  • mcbe4990mcbe4990 member
    edited September 2019
    @kmj1426It's totally understandable that you're stressed, but regardless I'm sorry you're feeling this way! At our scan with DD1, they found a spot on her heart & had to do additional scans almost weekly to check on it & we were terrified. (She is now 2 & perfectly healthy!) The only thing that helped me was to do what my Dad has always told me to do when something seems out of my control: "Pray about it. Give it to God." That may not be your thing, but whatever you believe in, the universe, what have you, hand it off to them. It helps free your mind. It also helped me stay (mostly) calm to remind myself to trust my body, that it's never failed me before & that it knows what it's doing! Keep us posted❤️

EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    20 weeks today! EDD Feb 6th

Beanie baby

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Not finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: Mon is our next prenatal appt & anatomy scan!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): This week craving chocolate & treats... That isn't new for me though Ive always had a sweet tooth. But this week I want chocolate constantly! Otherwise feeling pretty good other than a wicked cold while  at a conference in VA this week. That sucked but finally pulling out of it!

Rants/Raves: I somehow made it 10 hrs in the car to Myrtle Beach without falling apart! Stopping every 2 hrs helped so I could snack and stretch 🤣I was nervous for such a long drive. Also sleep has been better bc I finally figured out how to prop myself up w my pregnancy pillow & that has really helped. (Wish they would make different sizes for short ppl though 🙄)

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why?  Italian 🇮🇹 Took a year in college but it's lost in the abyss now. We plan to go to Italy for our next anniversary though so we're going to start using Duolingo & speaking it at dinner once a week! Really want to speak it while we're there!
  • @mcbe4990 thanks! That’s definitely what we are trying. I actually work part time for a church and DH plays drums for the worship team so God is definitely our thing 😉 We were prayed over at our staff meeting yesterday and I felt more peace about it. We have our ultrasound tomorrow and I’m just believing for a good report. 
  • @therealbitts thanks! It’s hard not to stress when you think the worst is going to happen. But taking it day by day is great advice. And it’s reassuring feeling all these little kicks everyday.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb 1 20w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): banana this week, I think but the Bump App isn't working for me at the moment so I can't check

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Sometime in October

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good overall. I started getting a bit of heartburn, which isn't awesome but is manageable. This week I have been craving pizza so I have now had it twice. My cravings are so all over the place.

Rants/Raves: Rave - The baby is moving so much these days. I just love feeling the little kicks and punches. Sometimes it happens while I am with a client and it's so hard to stay focused on the client and not the baby.
    Rant - My husband is out of town this weekend and I miss him already (even though I just saw him this morning). It's going to be a long 2 days.

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I would like to be fluent in French. I am conversant, but haven't used it in so long that I have probably lost a lot of it. Barring that maybe Spanish or Italian...or Dutch so I could understand what my in-laws are saying when relatives visit from the Netherlands.