Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 9/16

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's everything going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: What song brings you back to your senior year of high school?

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 9/16

• What healthy habit/s are you working on? Tracking, eating low-carb/keto, running

How's everything going? I feel like it's going well - I'm still low carb, although my body has added some random weight over the weekend, maybe I ate too much fat? Hoping this week will even it out. 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I feel better working out without carbs finally!!!

GTKY: What song brings you back to your senior year of high school? It's awful because of what we know now, but in '03 it was all about R. Kelly and Ignition Remix :# 

• Loading the player...
  • @saladflambe welcome!!!!! I'm so jealous about your Peloton access! I have a spin bike at my work gym too but it's more of a budget model haha! I use Aaptiv for an audio spin class, and I love it! I would love to eventually get a Peloton membership, but I feel like I would need to spin more regularly to justify it! 

• @BusinessWife have you seen a nutritionist long? I worked with one from last fall - beginning of this summer, and it was life-changing! She still remains the voice of reason in my head.

@mvt2003 don't worry too much about scale fluctuations: it's totally normal. If you're ever bored, I  highly recommend popping on youtube and searching "A normal day of bloating." Natacha Oceane's video on it was so awesome -- I actually recorded one as well...so if you do search that, you may end up finding me. haha. #shamelessplug
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @mvt2003 yeah it's an amazing perk! I thought I hated it at first, but I really enjoy it now :) Though I still miss running.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @saladflambe I'll look that up! I typically don't get too worked up about the fluctuations, but I'm just determined to get down some more lbs right now. I realized that my weight has essentially stayed the same for the past year as I worked on TTC, and I want to kickstart it again. I've lost 75 lbs, but am still not slim, and I know some REs have BMI restrictions too. Plus I want to improve my running times, and I think I'm officially at the point where I need to drop some weight for that to really happen. 

• @mvt2003 I can’t imagine cutting out carbs- you’re my hero for sticking to it!

@BusinessWife can’t wait to hear the update!

@saladflambe gotta love PRs 

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Eating healthier (currently on a challenge with my SIL), drinking less caffeine and more water, going to the gym more than 3x/week

How's everything going? Ok! I’ve been more or less sticking to the rules of this challenge until Saturday/ Sunday. we had a few celebrations and I didn’t deprive myself but didn’t go super overboard other than on the cake pops haha  

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I made it to the gym 4x this week and last week! 

GTKY: What song brings you back to your senior year of high school? “No Such Thing” by John Mayer. We had a senior lock in (at my very dorky private all girls school) and they blasted that over the intercom and told us to run around. I felt like I was in a lame high school movie. 

• @b_1029 I love that you're doing this challenge! I feel like you've done a ton of work for it too! Caffeine is so hard to cut out! Also you're my gym hero this week!!!!! 

• @saladflambe I’ve been begging DH to let us get a Peloton, even though we don’t really have room for it. So jealous your work offers use of one! 
  • @saladflambe have you taken any of Robin Arzon's classes? I'd love to try one of hers! I read her book "Shut Up and Run" recently!

• @mvt2003 I'm not sure ...I'm pretty obsessed with Cody  :D I pretty much only have been taking his

• What healthy habit/s are you working on? I can't remember what day was my last soda but I wanna say i'm close to a week now if I haven't passed it already. Also trying not to snack as much and watching my portion sizes.

How's everything going? pretty good! I've been a soda addict since I can remember so this is really big for me. I decided I need to give it up because #1 its not healthy and #2 I've noticed my body image and weight is not where I want it to be so this is the first step in getting that in check. Also can't be drinking soda like that if/when pg. I still indulge in a little bit of sweet tea at work if I need a little something other than water but it's only less than a 16 oz cup usually. I've been drinking mostly water. it's been weird to not be constantly running off sugar. I really want to join a gym but i'm already on my feet for 8-12 or more hours a day so the thought of working out on top of that is daunting right now. I need to just do it though! When I was clothes/bathing suit shopping a month ago I was so embarrassed and sad about how much my body has changed over the years and I am trying to do something about it!

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? actually sticking to the no soda thing. It helps that I have none in the house. I am able to not give in at work even though we have a soda fountain. I will probably still get it once in a while if i'm out to eat but that's it!

GTKY: What song brings you back to your senior year of high school? oh theres a ton. pretty much anything that was released in 2008/2009. lady gaga, black eyed peas, chris brown, flo rida, rihanna, beyonce, etc. anything my girlfriends and I could dance to at school dances. three songs that take me back to driving in my first car are beautiful girls (sean kingston), live your life (ti & rihanna), and sweetest girl (wyclef jean).