April 2020 Moms

GYKY - Where are you located?

Where do you live? Where are you from? Where would you live if you could move anywhere?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: GYKY - Where are you located?

• edited September 2019
    Where do you live? Suburb NW of Chicago-like an hr out
    Where are you from? Suburb of Chicago (North Shore area)
    Where would you live if you could move anywhere? If I didn't have to work?-An island somewhere that didn't get hurricanes. If I still had to work etc- maybe Colorado. 

Add: I've lived in Chicago, LA and NY
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Where do you live?  CT
    Where are you from? CT
    Where would you live if you could move anywhere? hmmmmm Scotland

• mercury94mercury94 member
    edited September 2019
    Where do you live? South Texas on the Gulf of Mexico coast. 

Where are you from? North Texas - Dallas/Fort Worth area. 

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? I really love where I live, but I’d like to move to the Hill Country up near San Antonio if a good job opportunity ever came up. If I didn’t need to work, I’d move to Hawaii. I loved it and the weather was great, but it’s super expensive and I’d have to take the Bar again.  

Add: I've lived in a bunch of places in Texas, including those I listed and the Austin area (where my ex lives, so I’m not going back). I also spent a few years in Boston, which is super different from Texas. 

Edit: typo. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Where do you live? Atlanta
    Where are you from? Atlanta
    Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Probably California because of the weather and west coast. I want seasons but I don't think I'd survive a very cold winter. I'd love to be close to the ocean too.

I've lived in Seattle and Florida as well.
  • Where do you live? New Brunswick, Canada

Where are you from? Born in Ontario, Canada. Grew up in Florida.

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Probably Holland. MH and I both fell in love with it when we went to visit family. And as a half Dutch person it would be pretty easy for me to actually get citizenship if I wanted.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Where do you live? Northeast Ohio

Where are you from? I was born in Ohio, but grew up in Florida and Vermont.

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? I would love to live near a city. I love Nashville, so that could be fun. I also loved our honeymoon in Napa and could see myself living there, but that would be dangerous for me with all the wine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where do you live? That’s funny that I am posting next because I live in Nashville, TN. 😊 

Where are you from? Austin, TX! 

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? That’s really hard... I’ve lived in several countries growing up. Always pros and cons with each place. Maybe Germany in the summer and Arizona in the winter. 😊
  • @ruby_love When did you leave Austin? I lived there for 7 years total (undergrad and law school).

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Live West of Cleveland, OH
    Grew-up East of Cleveland, OH 

I want to always live where my family isn't too far away to babysit! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Live in California and from here 
    If i could move anywhere, I would love to live somewhere on the Mediterranean coast.
  • @ruby_love Do you have any good recommendations for places to eat in Nashville? DH and I will be headed there for a trip in the near future!
  • @littleredm I've been to Nashville a few times and our favorite breakfast spot is the Pancake Pantry. Don't let the line scare you - it moves quick!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I live in a very small town near Albany, NY.

I'm from Dallas, too @mercury94

I love where I live but my family is still in Texas and I miss them. I'd move them up here before living there again.

I've lived in Chicago and NYC.
  • I live in Indianapolis, IN
    I grew up in a small town in lower central Michigan. 

I'm actually happy with where we live now.
  • I live in Midcoast Maine.
    I grew up in the western mountains in Maine.

If I could live anywhere and I could still have our families nearby, I would live in Santa Barbara, CA or Hawaii. I would miss the fall in a Maine too much though, so I would need house here to come back to. 
  • I live in Odessa Tx
    I was born in Los Angeles but raised in Oklahoma. (Go Thunder!) 

If I could live anywhere it would have to be in Alaska. We went there a few months ago and fell in love.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mercury94 I left when I was 9 but have gone back every summer since I was 16. I love Texas! 

@littleredm Nashville has sooo many amazing places to eat!! It’s kind of what we all do here. Lol 
    If you’ve never tried hot chicken you should check out Bishop’s in Franklin. It’s not fancy but it is seriously sooo good. Or Rise in Nashville. They serve chicken and biscuits. The best I’ve had. I could go on and on, haha! 
  • @emalue What part of Alaska did you like the most? I used to live in Juneau for 4 years. Right by the tram. 
  • Yay I see some Ohioans!!!! 

Where do you live? Northwest Ohio. Halfway between bowling green and Findlay. 

Where are you from? The Toledo, Ohio area. But I have also lived in Phoenix, Arizona for a few years. 

If if you could live anywhere where would it be? Back in Phoenix! I loved it there so much! The weather was beautiful basically year round, the blue skies, sunglasses daily, outdoor hallways, palm trees... I miss it all. But, I met MH a month after I moved back to Ohio, so I must belong here. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @ejoseph16 I miss AZ so much! I moved from there to Nashville. Did you ever make it to Fountain Hills? The shopping is so great in PHX/Scottsdale. But finding love is great, too. 😉
  • I live on the coast just south of Tallahassee, FL, and I grew up about 3 hours west of Tallahassee, in Pensacola, FL.

We really love where we live, and I cant imagine living anywhere else. But it would be nice to live a little further south. Honestly just so we could have an avocado tree, and grow more citrus 😅
  • @ruby_love oh I loved fountain hills! So pretty there! Shopping (especially in Scottsdale!), mountains... ugh! I miss it! 
  • @ejoseph16 I was born in Toledo and lived my 1st 3 years in Bowling Green.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ruby_love We still visit Austin some. I loved Austin, but it has changed so much since I moved away. It’s totally crazy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 Girl, you’re getting me all worked up! Lol So nice to share the love of AZ with another mama. 😄 

@mercury94 It really has changed!! And the housing is so expensive. 
  • Where do you live? Rhode Island

Where are you from? I was born in Illinois and moved to Rhode Island when I was 7.

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Portugal.  My husband’s family is from just outside of Lisbon and we spent 2 weeks there 2 years ago.  It is such a beautiful country and I just love everything about the way of life in Portugal. 
  • Where do you live? Minnesota
    Where are you from? Northern Minnesota 
    Other places we’d like to live: I think we’d stay here. I love the 4 seasons and the variety of things to do here. 
  • Where do you live? West Texas
    Where are you from? Chicago
    Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Closer to family.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Where do you live? San Antonio Texas
    Where are you from? Houston texas
     Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Rhode island. My family has a house there that we visit almost yearly. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Where do you live? @babyrummom My husband and I also live in Maine. Along the Penobscot River just outside of Bangor. 

Where are you from? We are both from Maine. In fact, we are back in our hometown. 

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? We both would love to live on the coast of Maine. We also really enjoyed Scotland, and could probably live there happily. 
  • @sarahemily84 that’s not too far from me! I’m in the Belfast/Camden area. 
  • Where do you live? I live in Aveiro, Portugal 🇵🇹

Where are you from?  I'm from Phoenix, Arizona so joining in on the Az love with @ruby_love & @ejoseph16 🏜️🏜️.   It's a great city to live in with so many beautiful places to visit and close to so much! 

I've also lived in South Korea  🇰🇷& Australia. 🇦🇺🦘. 

live if you could move anywhere?

I loved Australia, and would go back in a heart beat.  New Zealand would be pretty awesome too! 
  • Where do you live? Western Massachusetts 
    Where are you from? Western Massachusetts 
    Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Somewhere warm 90 percent of the year. Lol. I hate New England winters.

I have lived in Massachusetts, Texas, and Georgia
  • @krystalkmh I went to college in Western MA (Springfield)! 
  • Currently live near Charleston South Carolina

From Jersey 

DH and I would love to live some where with a lot of land. Colorado maybe.

We moved here from the Poconos. We liked having land and not being so close to people, but the snow was just too much for us! 
  • Where do you live? Omaha, Nebraska

Where are you from? Omaha is my Homaha! 

Where would you live if you could move anywhere? Aw, man. I love Chicago, but I also would want to move overseas. Maybe someplace like Italy or Germany? 

• Where do you live? Toronto, Canada
    Where are you from? Born in Manitoba, raised in Toronto, but have lived on both coasts as well
    Where would you live if you could move anywhere? I love it here but wish housing were more affordable and I miss the ocean! We're thinking of moving to Halifax.

• Where do you live? 40 miles west of Chicago

where did you grow up? 60 miles west of Chicago

where would you live? Can’t imagine any where else! All my family is here.