Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 9/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @begging4abump my H has done the exact same thing! I know it sounds awful but I reasoned with myself that my house was really cool, so it would be fine 🙊😬... I just made sure when I reheated it was very hot just in case of bacteria. I couldn't throw it out. 
  • @SimpleJane - I would definitely suggest temping! It really helps me to verify that I've ovulated. I use an AVA bracelet, so that I don't have to worry about temping as soon as I wake up. It has been worth every penny!

@begging4abump - Ugggghhh that's the worst! Sorry! I also would throw it out. It sucks, but better than food poisoning. 

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 21 / 7dpiui

Timing: hopefully good (triggered 36 hours before iui)

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: Waiting till at least Monday. 

R/R: I was out of the office yesterday and I came back this morning to a scathing email from one of my board members [complaining about another member's behavior] but he also threw me under the bus, and he cc'd the Town Manager (the boss of every single town employee). And the worst part is, that he was the one that was completely out of line! Ughhhhhh God grant me patience today. 

CS/Q:My chart looks pretty! lol

• @ziggymama06 - That is so sweet of your DH! My husband has always stated that he is "not a dog person" and then I moved in with my two dogs haha I always catch him doing sweet things with them and it always makes my heart swoon! haha

@shoogapoff - Sorry about your hard day! I've had those breakdowns too! I use an ava bracelet to temp and I think it makes life soooo much easier. I think just the convience of it is worth the $. As long as I have slept 4 hours, I can get up to pee in the middle of the night and it doesn't mess with temping. 
  • @begging4abump I have done the same with a tray of quiche 🤦‍♀️ I just put it back in the fridge in the morning and ate it! Lol. I am also the kind of person though that throws a piece of pizza away if it sits out for more than 30 minutes, so I get it!

@intothewoods23 FX for you! 😊 

@shoogapoff it totally does make sense. I hope you get to move on from this phase ASAP! So sorry about the BFNs.

@ziggymama06 yay for an amazing hubby! So glad you got that rest. Now your dog just needs to feel better so y'all can both have some uninterrupted sleep!

@feather_heather  ugh!! That’s totally uncalled for and I think very unprofessional to CC your boss in the email. hope your patience is holding out! I’d honestly already have opened my mouth about it!

@simplejane I hope you get some answers soon about your cycle. ❤️ 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 28/14

Timing: decent (without knowing exactly when I O’d)

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: maybe tomorrow ..

R/R: According to FF today is my predicted CD 1. The issue is that I really don’t know my cycle length. Since having my IUD removed, my cycles have been: 22D, 31D, and then 27D. My temp did not drop this morning.  I don’t feel AF symptoms. However, my cycles have been aaaalll over the place so I’m trying not to overthink anything yet. I didn’t have a period at all with my IUD so my body is just trying to get back into a rhythm. I just hope it hurries up. 😊 

CS/Q: nothing here. Didn’t temp until 4 days ago!

• @SimpleJane yes, it is possible to have a positive opk, but not ovulate, but I think that’s not super common. Ugh, this process makes you question everything you think you knew.

@heather_feather sorry for the email drama. Hopefully that coworker is not fooling anyone.

@ziggymama06 I’m glad you finally got some sleep! Hurray for h pitching in!

@shoogapoff sorry for the temp drop! This process definitely isn’t fair. The ttc sadness/frustration seems to ebb and flow, at least with me. Hopefully this wave passes soon, but I totally get it, and I’ve totally been there...and may be there again really soon. I’m guessing you get monitored every cycle so that they know you’re ovulating on your good side? I’m so over all the bw too. I probably should be on fertility meds at least, but I asked the re if I could just take 2-3 months to just go back to the basics, which still includes timing my bathroom breaks and sleeping schedule. 🙄 BUT, you are in charge of your body and you can totally take a break from temping and opks and dr visits if it helps to feel like your life again. And, maybe taking control where you can get it, like with a hair cut helps? I’m hoping so at least. I’m thinking of cutting to just barely be able to have a ponytail I think.

@inthewoods23 I’m glad you’re feeling so much better! Must be all those motivational posters. 
  • @singing_koala I’d already have a bunch of test sticks in the trash can in your situation, so way to show patience!
  • @inthewoods23 - Is the timing of when you can turn a test different with IVF? I still have my fingers crossed for you and I'm totally on team monday was just too early to test!

• @begging4abump Thanks for the encouragement. I'm actually thinking it might be time for a haircut, just to feel like I get to control something in my life. With being AMA, I don't feel like we have the "luxury" of taking time off from TTC. Trying to figure out how to keep my sanity through all of this. 

@inthewoods23 It sure is. And FWIW, I really think that monday was too early to test. FX for you. 

@feather_heather I've thought about getting an Ava bracelet. It might be worth it!
  • @singing_koala if I remember my temping days, I think sometimes my temp drop wouldn't show until CD2.

@feather_heather so... Yes? I think is the right answer lol. In normal conception implantation is typically like, day 6-12 or something, or maybe day 10. So the embryo we transferred was a day 5 embyro so technically implantation can happen between 1-5 days after my transfer date which was last week on the 10th. And that lines up with the range I said before. If if implantation occurred over the weekend then Monday would most likely have been to early.

I'm a little concerned since I got in a huge (like fuming and shaking mad) fight with my family on Sunday so I hope that didn't screw with things. I feel no real difference during this time than any of my other TWWs though which includes cycles with no meds, with progesterone suppositories, or the progesterone in oil shots and suppositories so I'm like FX I'm just one of those people who don't feel different regardless of what's happening in there.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @singing_koala ya killin' me, smalls!
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @inthewoods23 - Interesting! Fingers crossed that it was just too early! I don't think the fight would effect anything, so I wouldn't worry about it!
  • @inthewoods23 I had heard it typically drops the day of AF, but I honestly have no clue what mine will do so that’s helpful to know yours is CD2 ish. I’m looking forward to temping next cycle and learning how mine works. But I’ve also learned from this board that things don’t always follow a ‘normal’ path anyway.