April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms Week of 9/16

Re: Weekly Randoms Week of 9/16

• We have a travel system where the car seat fits into the stroller and into a base in the car. We’ve had it nearly 4 years and it has been through a lot. One of the tires is completely flat and wobbly. The front tire has to stay locked because it’s broken, which means I have to lift the front of the stroller in order to turn or swerve when walking. And I’m about to have my third kid, so I’m pretty worried about getting around with this one stroller while my youngest is just barely learning to walk. But my husband refuses to look at the new strollers I’ve been sending him. He keeps saying he will fix the broken wheels and I can just wear the new baby, but I really hate that idea. I’m about to go rogue and make an executive decision because my pregnant emotions can not handle another discussion about jimmy-rigging this one to make it work. 
  • @emsned I’m with you. I’d probably just buy the new stroller. But, DH is kind of like that. Never lets me pay people to fix things. Figures out how to do it himself. He’s good and it works, but it always takes way longer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 yes!!! Mine too. He says he’ll fix it, but who knows when that will actually be. I mean, sure, we should probably get a double stroller now anyway because of the new baby coming, but even if I wasn’t pregnant, this current stroller is really awful and I don’t want to keep using it with two broken wheels. 
  • How is everyone dealing with pregnancy brain? 

I teach a night class but parking parking at my university is really bad so I get there super early— I end up being on campus for 13-14 hours. Pre-pregnancy, this wouldn’t have been a problem because I could get a butt load of work done then teach class. Today, I was mentally exhausted and the pregnancy brain HIT HARD. I had to correct myself several times in lecture. I’m a new faculty, so I’m worried some students may think I don’t know what I’m talking about. I swear I do, but my mouth is moving faster than my brain and hormones have me all over the place. 

I’m only 7 weeks, 1 day and I don’t plan on telling my students for another month. I do plan on adjusting my schedule to come in later on days I teach. Either way, I still feel like pregnancy brain is really taking over.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya I feel like it's a combo of pregnancy brain, exhaustion and being so distracted by feeling like junk and worrying.  I'm completely checked out from work right now.  
  • Total random but as someone who has tried all the prenatal let me tell you the Olly Vitamin prenatal taste like gummy peaches!! Just putting it out there if I'm taking this daily for 9+ mos, I appreciate it tasting like candy.

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 now I want gummy peaches 😩
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @drkoyya Pregnancy Brain is very real. It messes with me frequency. Like I tried to put my purse in the fridge yesterday. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @drkoyya l had a week like that recently. I’m a physical therapist and trying to educate my patients, I kept losing my train of thought and felt like I was rambling. I was afraid that thought I was dumb!
  • DH got free tickets to see Eric Church tomorrow night through work. Has anyone seen him in concert? I've heard he puts on a great show. I am excited, but don't know how I am going to stay up past 8pm!
  • I discovered by accident yesterday that freezies help my nausea. Yay!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @doraleigh35 never seen him, but love his music!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just found out DH and I didn't get invited to my cousin's wedding. It's fine, but I had fully intended on going. Heard they're telling people that they invited not to bring their SOs. My cousin was told not to bring her fiance!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 Wow, that sounds like a tight budget for wedding guests! We didn't give everyone a +1 at our wedding, but we definitely did for spouses, fiances, or long-term partners.
  • I got so hangry this morning. We had to go to the DMV to get our licenses swapped to our new address (nearly a year later) and transfer MHs new truck into his name. I knew it was going to be a wait so we picked up some breakfast on the way with the intention of eating it at the office, and using it to keep the toddler occupied.
    Except that the first office we went to was packed, so we decided to go to the other one across town. And for some reason decided not to eat my breakfast on the way.
    Add to that the fact that MH was being super unhelpful and just sitting in the car while I loaded and unloaded the child and stroller 5 times and I was a snarling mess by the time we actually walked into the place.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Kathryn0903 Totally. DH made $100 on a side tutoring job recently. He gave me the cash so I could buy something I want. I’m shopping for maternity clothes this weekend. I need pants for work or I’m only wearing dresses from now on. My regular pants just aren’t cutting it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Welp, my parents have left again. They're planning on trying very hard to be here when the baby arrives. So, like, 8 months?
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022