anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
edited September 2019 in December 2019 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team: 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken?

Re: weekly check-in 12/16-12/31 (group 3&4) w/o 9/16

• Loading the player...
  • @anniemarie887  omg yay on your kitchen, that has be so dang exciting! Have not picked out a pump yet...not gonna lie...I am not excited to breastfeed for some reason lol. 
  • EDD/W+D: 12/19. 27 weeks on Thursday!

Team: baby

Upcoming appts: 9/20 for ultrasound and 1hr glucose. 

How are you feeling?: Big but good. She's moving a lot, and on a pretty consistent schedule. Sleeping has either gotten better or I'm getting used to it being bad. Once I'm past the glucose test there is nothing else I'm really that concerned about. 

Rants/Raves: My husband remains great. He helps just enough and leaves me alone just enough. I also just got an updated shower invitation with baby's correct name, AND our first gift: 24 prefolds! It made it all seem real. Also, this is not a real problem, but doing the dishes is such a hassle right now. My belly is at countertop height and it's really uncomfortable. My husband usually cooks and I clean, so I have nothing to complain about. It's just a little painful and annoying. 

Questions: For those that have done the glucose test, do you get your results right away or do you have to wait?

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I've had some sips of beer, whatever cheese I want, and usually have more than one cup of coffee most mornings. 
  • @KTZ17 hope you start to feel better and get some correct info!
  • Thank you @anniemarie887!  And that’s exciting about your kitchen reno.  We did ours about two years ago and I love it so much.  Ours was the original like 1954 kitchen and having new cabinets has made such a difference!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • EDD/W+D: 12/18, will be 27 weeks on Wednesday 
    Team: pink
    Upcoming appts: did my glucose test this morning, OB appt on 9/25
    How are you feeling?: I'm feeling closer to 50% then 100%. But seeing as I had been feeling like I was slowly, painfully dying, I'll happily take 50%. 
    Raves - Finally felt up to doing the glucose test and working today! Medication is starting to help.
    Rant - Still dealing with bad constipation. 
    GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken?
    The only rule I have felt safe breaking has been the hot shower rule. I honestly don't think 20 minutes in a hot shower every other night is going to raise my body temperature enough, for long enough to hurt my daughter. I just don't. Occasionally I will eat a lunchable without warming up the meat but I do feel guilty when I do that. Despite the fact I know how rare it is to get listeria from it. 
  • @mrszoobear wait, hot shower? never heard of that. hot tub/sauna/steam room sure... also potentially a super hot bath. 
  • @KTZ17 - I'm happy to hear you are out of the hospital! Yay 😊

@anniemarie887 - I'm so sorry you're still experiencing pain from the root canal. Dental pain is the worst in pregnancy, especially since you can't take an anti inflammatory. But that is some super excited news about your kitchen! Good luck with the remodeling 👍
  • EDD/W+D:  EDD 12/28, 25w2d

Team: Blue

Upcoming appts: Bloodwork for my second round of GTT / blood counts; hopefully I pass the GTT again and my iron has come up some

How are you feeling?: Like someone kicked me in the pubic bone

Rants/Raves: We have clothes and most of the basics covered already

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I have had lunch meat a few times, but nothing too major.
  • @mrszoobear @anniemarie887 I have always been one to turn the temp up pretty high in the shower, so I asked my OB if I need to be concerned about hot showers (since I knew hot baths are not recommended).  She told me that in a shower, most of the water evaporates quickly off your skin, and she gave me the all clear.  I've been steaming it up regularly!
  • @ninrms I have anemia too and once I started my iron pills I felt way better - including having more energy, sleeping better and no longer experiencing restless leg discomfort.  I hope the same good results for you!
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    edited September 2019
    @anniemarie887 yay about the kitchen! We gutted the kitchen in our old house. Best decision ever. Also I have the Lansinoh Double Electric smart pump. 

EDD/W+D:  December 22, 26w2d (maybe)

Team: blue

Upcoming appts: not until October 

How are you feeling?: tired. Allergies are kicking in and without my normal meds it sucks. And I’m afraid it’s headed for a sinus infection. I’m feeling slow too. It got hot again here and I feel like I’m a turtle in peanut butter when I move around. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: my toddler is teething, maybe in a sleep regression. Lord this kid is cute but momma needs sleep. 

Questions: anyone having Braxton Hicks already. I don’t remember them this early with my other kid. 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I’ve has sushi and lunch meat 🤷🏻‍♀️

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• EDD/W+D:  Dec 23 / 26+1

Team: Green

Upcoming appts: bonus ultrasound on Thursday for this stupid cyst that is hopefully shrinking

How are you feeling?: A perpetual state of mild discomfort, with some waves of higher levels. The top of my stomach often feels like it's stretching apart by the end of the day, my pubic bone is often sore right in the middle especially noticeable when rolling over in bed at night, and my hips get sore and my leg falls asleep anytime I sit on the floor for more than a few minutes. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - the start date for my upcoming contract got pushed back which means the end date is currently 12 days before my due date. And it's TV so that might still get pushed back even later. I don't mind working that long if I can, but since it's about an hour commute each way, I don't think my midwives will like that I'm going that far in case I go into labour early. And also if I do end up in labour early, I really don't want to end up stuck in the hospital in Toronto for delivery. But I don't really have any other option, I desperately need the hours to be eligible for maternity benefits. 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? As others have said I've had some soft cheeses (but made sure their pasteurized), I've had sushi (but only vegetarian or with shrimp tempura) and I sleep on my back sometimes (though propped up on the right side). So I'm skirting the rules I guess without technically breaking any of them. 

@ninrms If you're not flat on your back that's actually ok. Both my midwife and the pelvic-floor physiotherapist said that if my right side is elevated or propped up, that takes enough weight off the problematic vein that it's pretty safe. And also that generally you'll start to feel uncomfortable and possibly like your leg is falling asleep if anything is going on that would also put baby at risk. 

@brrrrrrrrie the labs here have a system where you can login to see your results, and mine have been available the next day. Additionally my midwife has called me the day after each test (I failed the first and had to do the second as well) to let me know the results. 
  • EDD/W+D:  12-28/ 25w 3d

Team: GREEN!!

Upcoming appts: not until October

How are you feeling?: Depends on the day honestly. Days I teach I am so wore out and have a massive headache by the end of the day and need the next day to recover. Thankfully I only teach M&W. But I have also been having to up my morning sickness meds again and OB made me add in Zantac. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Washing machine broke Friday so I told husband since I couldn't fix it and instead of working on it Saturday he went hunting that morning and laid around the rest of the day and most of Sunday (yes he needed the time to relax but ugh). He just now ordered the part we need and it will not be here until Thursday after he gets off work. I've gotta go to a laundry mat after school tomorrow to wash clothes.  

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? Caffeine intake and lifting my 45lb 3 year old...I do make him stand on something before I lift him up and only do it for a minute, maybe 2.
  • @Stac928 FTM here, but I *think* I've been having braxton hicks for a couple of weeks. at this point not sure what else would randomly make my belly get pretty hard/tense. I feel like if I change position they usually stop.
  • @Stac928 @anniemarie887 I definitely think I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a few weeks. It took me a while to realize what they were, but they've been happening since maybe week 24? Three weeks ago for me. 
  • @blueskychicago12 Thank you! I'm hoping the iron pills help, too. I've only been on them less than a week, so I'm not sure if they've helped yet.

@CapricaAndrea Thank you for the info about sleeping on my back! I think I'm probably at enough at an angle that it's okay... @jandawg I do the same thing! I think that's how I've been able to at least be at an "incline" on my side, rather than totally on my back.

@Peachie89 Oh man, I am with you about days I teach!! I work every other day (MWF one week, T/TH the next), and I am totally zonked the day after I teach. Like, sleep an extra 4 hours throughout the day kind of zonked. I admire full time teachers--I think I'd die if I were teaching full time right now!

@brrrrrrrrie @Stac928 @anniemarie887 My midwife described braxton higgs as having a bowling ball inside you...I didn't think I'd had any yet, but when she described it that way, I mentioned that a couple weeks ago I'd commented to a friend that it felt like I had a bowling ball on my cervix! Midwife said that was probably braxton higgs. I don't know if that helps!
  • @ninrms word to the wise - start a stool softener now that you’re on iron.  I was on iron during my pregnancy with my daughter and then again during my molar pregnancy and it messed me up.  If you stay on top of it now it shouldn’t be an issue.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • oh that sucks...they let me sip (and this time around I drank more than I should have trying to skew the results lol)
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @stac928 @anniemarie887 does it matter how much water you drink before? I am so dreading this glucose test...
  • @jandawg so no one told me anything about limiting water or food before. i had water and a banana before, then did the test. and rewarded myself with a massive everything bagel w/scallion cream cheese and iced coffee.  :D

also, mine was fruit punch flavored, and it wasn't bad tasting at all. 
  • @anniemarie887 ugh, I wish I'd gotten the fruit punch. The orange wasn't so terrible this time though, the first time it was room temperature when they gave it to me and it was awful. 
    But yes, I was told that I couldn't drink water during because it would essentially be the same as changing the concentration of the drink which is specifically calibrated. I'm not sure why water beforehand doesn't seem to matter, but I specifically asked and they said it was fine. 
  • @anniemarie887 they told me I couldn't even use chap stick until I had my blood draw. And I agree, the fruit punch wasn't terrible. 
  • @anniemarie887 my doc/lab has you eat and drink normal ahead of time.  I mean I wouldn't carb load, and I did a good protein/good fat meal.  During the test no food, I could sip water. Then  I had one last delicious meal of carb loaded goodness after my test because I knew what was gonna happen (once you've had GD the chances are stupid high that you will have it again).   

the drink cold is a million times better than warm in any flavor but I think my only flavor options were orange and grape....grape sounded like drinking cough syrup so orange it was :-)

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• EDD/W+D: 12/19/19; 27 weeks today

Team: Pink 

Upcoming appts: Lots - see update below 

How are you feeling?: Honestly, feeling better/more energetic than I did in the early 20s weeks. 

Rants/Raves: Got diagnosed with GD this week. Caveat: I have a history from a previous pregnancy and I'd been monitoring my sugars and following the diet since about week 12. I asked to do a week of sticks instead of another 3 hour test because I kept passing the tests in my last pregnancy even though I had it. My doc said, "We can diagnose now and get started or we can do a 3 hour test just to be sure." I asked to go ahead and get started. I really want to be proactive about this, but it means having more appointments, NSTs, and BPPs. I am seeing the high-risk OB on Monday to evaluate my medication needs. 

Questions: I've been pretty crampy but with no other symptoms... I've been googling that a lot but not seeking any further treatment. This is the longest I've ever gone in a pregnancy without a visit to L&D. 

My docs have recently started doing VBA2Cs this year. I wasn't expecting to make this decision but I'm struggling with it. I wanted to VBAC with my second daughter so badly. I had a lot of grief about my first c-section as it was emergent and unplanned. My 2nd one, though, was totally different and really kind of great. I don't think the risk of rupture (1/100) with a VBA2C is really all that small, but I'd also really love the experience of having a natural delivery. I'm not sure that my desire for that is enough reason, though. I really want what's best for baby. 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I, like many of you, have taken a couple of sips of beer. I have craved dark lagers in every single pregnancy. They just smell so delicious! I've eaten soft cheese but its pasteurized, so I think its okay... The worst thing I've done is drink about 1/2 of a diet soda daily. I've never been a big soda person but the bubbles just taste really good, too. 

Kudos to you if you've stuck with my novella for this long. :lol:
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    Baby #3 due 1/19, m/c 6/18  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• @CapricaAndrea oh i bet it would've been not as pleasant room temp, this was ice cold. i started to walk back upstairs to finish it while waiting for my OB appt and she was like "where are you going honey? i gotta watch you drink that!" so she watched me chug it... which was kinda funny in hindsight, but i was cutting it close time wise. and @ashorkey no chapstick? dang that's mean.
  • I was told to avoid carbs I believe 3 hours prior to glucose test.  I figured I would save my usual snack of 2 hardboiled eggs till before the test that day.  I try to eat lower carb as it is most days. 
  • My doctor told me to come for my glucose test tomorrow morning on an empty stomach. I'm so nervous for the results! And honestly, the only real reason is that I love bagels. And even more during this pregnancy. This little girl should be coming out with poppy and sesame seeds on her because all through the teen weeks I was doing everything bagels pretty regularly. 
  • @brrrrrrrrie 100% girl! Everything bagels are my thing both pregnancies. Last time it was with herb and garlic cream cheese, this time I'm all about cheddar and bacon :D 
  • EDD/W+D:  26w 12/26

Team: Blue: Conor Patrick 

Upcoming appts: not until October :)

How are you feeling?: fine. Had a lot of stretching and belly button pain today. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? Eaten deli meat. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @lucylivesinwa my weight comes and goes in spurts (I lose sometimes too). Lots of factors. Have I pooped recently, more bloated, recent meal, stuff like that. I wouldn’t worry too much. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @lucylivesinwa I second the weight coming in spurts. As long as your dr says you’re good, you’re good! I know easier said than done, and personally I’m like whoa I’ve never seen that number on a scale before. But I’m just trying to give myself grace in that it’s gonna take 40ish weeks to get this baby grown, and I’m gonna give myself at least that much on the other side to get back to “normal”. As for life insurance, I’m sorry, and a lot of the big name companies (I’m a State Farm agent) will want to see you 2 years cancer free. There are some companies who will write policies on people with existing conditions. If you find a company and want to DM me I can get you some info on their ratings etc. I can try and get some referrals for you, too (if you want me to).