December 2019 Moms
Options

Working Moms w/o 9/16/19

Re: Working Moms w/o 9/16/19

• Options
    I work every other day (so, one week it's MWF, the next week it's T/TH), and today is an "off" day, but I'm thrilled that I've managed to get a ton of grading done! And planning. Yay!
  • Options
    @ninrms - that's awesome! I'm glad the half weeks are going well 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First day back to work in 2 weeks! Yay! I love feeling good enough to work ❤ I feel so happy I could cry. It's the first time in months that I didn't feel like my brain was too foggy to work at my best mentally. 
  • Options
    When DH is out of town for work I have to do the morning routine with DD and drop her off at daycare before going to work....he usually is the one to drop off. The thought of eventually adding a baby to the mix is so daunting- it's so hard as it is getting a toddler out the door in a timely manner! 😬
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 i am the kind of person who can be out the door in like 20 mins if i need to, cough am tired and hit snooze a million times. the thought of the three ring circus of getting myself and baby together has me tired just thinking about it so no judgment what so ever!
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 a toddler is a 100 times worse....I feel like a drill Sargent barking orders- let's get dressed, go potty, hurry up eat breakfast, okay let's brush teeth, put your shoes on....how about you don't move like a turtle? How about you just do what I say without me telling you a billion times???!! Then you are negotiating with a little dictator- no I don't want those shoes or I don't want to wear that today, I want Cheerios in the red bowl not the blue bowl. Ugh my head hurts just thinking about juggling all that with an infant as well 😅
  • Options
    I’m worried about the toddler/infant combo too.  I struggle to get out the door now. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    Both my kids are in elementary school, and getting out of the house is a disaster every single day. Can’t wait to add an infant into the mix.  :#

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @Spartanrd4how about you don't move like a turtle?“ had me legit LOL
  • Options
    I'm not a morning person at all; always rushing out the door at the last minute, and this has always caused me anxiety about having a baby.  Will I ever make it to work on time again?  But I guess you just make adjustments, because there is no other choice.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 getting an infant out of the house was sooo much easier than a toddler is. Load the baby up into the newborn carrier in the house and they can hang out there while you load your bags. Also almost all baby prep for daycare can be done at home, if you are using daycare. I would fill my bottles w the water and formula powder in the dispenser the night before so i could just grab the bag and go. 
  • Options
    Thanks @ale9687, that's reassuring!  At least I'll have some time to mentally prepare for the toddler phase😉
  • Options
    Oh yea. The baby was easy.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    A small baby is so much easier than a toddler! Both my boss and I are consistently 10-15min late every day because we can’t get out the door on time. Luckily she has twins the same age as my daughter so it’s just an ignored agreement that neither of us should expect the other to be in time. 😂
  • Options
    Yea the toddler dictator in the morning is the absolute worst. I can’t wait to add an infant. 😒
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    I’ve actually asked my husband to change his work hours. Right now he starts at 7. So leaves here at 6:30. I leave about 7:15 and do mostly toddler wrangling in that 45 minutes. If he could move it so he can leave around 7 instead I think it will help. And he will still get off work before me. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    Um my daughters favorite word right now is “No.” It is like she thinks she’s in charge or something!  I’m glad to hear I’m not the only frazzled mom rushing around in the am... 
  • Options
    @g_gabs71016 even when my son really means yes he still says no 🤦🏻‍♀️