February 2020 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating..

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating..

• Breakfast sandwiches. Preferably on a bagel! 
  • @Mrstomommy1114 I can't do fruit on salad, but I put feta on everything! Hence my screen name. Lol

Me: 35
    DH: 37
    Married: May 2011
    DD: Dec 2013
    DS: Sept 2015
    #3: EDD 2/28/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I ate an entire bag of dill pickle chips over the last two days. 🤫
  • Just had a DQ blizzard for dinner 😅
  • I ate McD's for dinner two days in a row last week. I really wanted salty french fries. 
  • @noxacanthus McDonald’s fries with hot mustard sauce for the win.
  • Just throwing this out- are there any vegan or vegetarian moms in this group? I went vegan overnight when my gout flared up because I can't deal with unmedicated gout flare-ups for the next 2-3 years while pregnant and breastfeeding. It seems to be working great so this is the plan for the foreseeable future and I'd love to chat with anyone else eating plant-based. What are your favorite resources?
  • Man I just had to hide a friends posts on facebook for a while bc all she posts is those recipe videos of yummy looking desserts and I am far too impressionable with that sort of stuff right now!
    I've been really really good this weekend in keeping my calories under 1800 (closer to 1600!) When myfitnesspal says my daily calorie goal should be 2300. It's been so hard to not give into the carb cravings lol
  • Guys, I ate an ENTIRE plate of pasta from an Italian restaurant. I did not think that was even remotely possible!!! 

I was wondering, and I bigger this pregnancy because baby is bigger or is baby bigger because I am bigger? hmmmmmm 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksil I ate half of a large pizza with hubs yesterday! Usually I have two pieces...oops.
  • @leksiL YUM. Pasta sounds amazing.

I’ve now learned I have to stop saying things like “oh this is so much food!” or anything indicating that someone couldn’t finish a large portion because now I always do!
     😂😂
  • hey we should enjoy it while we can!

Today is a bake sale at work so trying to stay away until after yoga haha.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Today I had Funyuns for the first time in forever and they were amazing 😂
  • @Swiftlet Funyuns sound amazing!

I have had a weird liking to Doritos and Slim Jims and I'm like "who am I?" LOL
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 like together or on their own? I feel like I’m up for Doritos any time, pregnant or otherwise!
  • @Swiftlet On their own!!! I feel like Doritos are good usually but I never would buy them - only ate/enjoyed them at parties and now I'm raiding the vending machine at work haha.
    TW
  • I really want to make a crunchy sandwich with Cool Ranch Doritos now @Swiftlet @brookert615
  • @doodleoodle LOL! I've been making cheese, pickle and those crunchy friend onion sandwiches but some cool ranch Doritos... that sounds amazing haha
    TW
  • @doodleoodle ha! I had a crunchy California roll last night- I don’t know what was sprinkled on top but it was pretty good.
  • @Swiftlet sushi sounds so good and so worth the heartburn. I haven’t gone to get any since finding out I’m pregnant because I always get a raw spicy tuna roll, and don’t want to do raw while pregnant, but a California roll sounds pretty good right about now. In fact, anything sounds good. I think I’ve officially entered the constantly starving stage of pregnancy. 
  • @doodleoodle ha! I’m just extremely impressionable, not even necessarily hungry! 
  • My husband hates broccoli so we don't have a lot of it around the house. If I do I usually just steam it to go with whatever I am eating. Today at work, we had a catered lunch and there was broccoli cheddar soup. Now that baby and I have had that delicious cheesy goodness, I am probably going to be craving it. I told my husband about it when I got home and he told me I should make it if I want it and he'll just find something else to eat. That might end up being a thing in our house especially when the weather starts getting colder. 
  • @mandk1233
    Girrrrllll that's what i was eyeballing for lunch today because it sounded amazing. I just couldn't pull the trigger on actually ordering it because it was 80° and that's just not soup weather to me. Lol
  • @babyroma Soup craving twins!! It was 20°C here today (I think that is around 70°F) so definitely not soup weather here either but baby wanted it as soon as I smelled it. 😏
  • Pregnant or not, I will eat soup in any weather! Panera’s broccoli cheddar sounds pretty good right about now...
  • @Swiftlet in a bread bowl 😍
  • @leksiL @nhh11 I've done that with Subway sandwiches a couple times recently. I normally get a footlong, eat half, and save the rest for later. Lately I feel like I blink and the entire sandwich is gone. Not sure where it all goes, lol.
  • @doodleoodle is there any other way?! :)

I got pizza lunchables on sale at the store. I don’t even care that I’m a kindergartener. 
  • Oooo now I want one of the nacho lunchables with that delicious fake cheese @Swiftlet
  • Grilled cheese with tomato soup.
  • Tagging along on the soup train! Allergies have been killing me so I’m making some soup tonight idc that I’m in Texas and summer is still going strong lol! 

@bg122785 I was craving cookies and cream icecream this morning and your post just reminded me! Otw to the grocery store rn lol! 
  • @craftywitch I eat a few vegetarian meals/week. I get them from Skinnytaste mostly. They are so delicious.
    This is what I had for lunch (not from Skinnytaste but she has a similar recipe): https://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2015/10/shakshouka-poached-eggs-in-spicy-tomato-sauce.html
    I add a few more vegetables and tomato sauce. It is super easy to make and so delicious. I could eat it everyday.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @malloryfrommn Glad to hear your appetite is back and enjoyed some Indian food!!!

I’m back on my milkshake train but still dealing with a lot of food aversions and getting bouts of nausea. Some things that are cold sound good to me.
    TW
  • @brookert615 awe man, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with aversions and bouts of nausea! Milkshakes sound INCREDIBLE. 

@mandk1233 those nachos look so good!! Nice job, hubby!
  • @mandk1233 French fries have been a consistent love throughout this pregnancy. And omg, those nachos. I need them.
  • @Swiftlet For me I think it is the salt as much as anything. One night before bed I was really wanting fries and caught myself sitting there in my kitchen literally eating salt. So I decided to make popcorn to see if that would help and it totally did. 🤷‍♀️

The nachos were very delicious and much better than what I had in mind when I asked for "fully loaded nachos" because my husband is all about looking up recipes. This was the base recipe and he modified it a bit for what we had in hand: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/trash-can-nachos-3582107
  • @mandk1233 French fries (specifically McD's because they have more salt) have been a consistent craving of mine during this pregnancy. My poor hubby hates eating there, so he usually ends up going to McD's for me and Subway for himself.