April 2020 Moms

Group 4 (April 25-30)

I noticed no one had started this group yet soni figured I'd start it.

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants:

Questions: 

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be? 

Re: Group 4 (April 25-30)

• DD/W+D: 
    April 28
    Not sure yet
    Sweet pea
    Upcoming Appointments:
    First ultrasound on the 19th!
    How are you feeling? 
    Incredibly nauseous. I dont ever feel like eating so I have to force myself which isnt super enjoyable.
    Raves/Rants:
    My oldest is finally night trained! No more pull ups for him anymore!
    Questions: 
    None so far
    I would love to go to Spain or Italy. I just think the country's look beautiful. Also my husband is a car fanatic and would love  all the cars there.
  • @melly204 Thanks! I noticed there wasn't one too and almost started it.

EDD/W+D: 4/27?

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! Finally get to see my OB. So far it's just been the ultrasound tech.

How are you feeling? I do not like nausea. I didn't have it last time, and I'm pissed to have it this time.

Raves/Rants: every time I get another scan, my due date gets pushed back. But I think this time it's too far and I'm not growing as well as I should be. Hopefully the doc can answer it tomorrow.

Questions: 

Disney world, without my kid, and if money grew on trees and I could get/do/eat anything I wanted to. Oh and I'd bring DH. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for starting!
    EDD: 4/27 
    I'll definitely be finding out
    Baby is the size of a blueberry
    Upcoming appointments: I had some insurance issues so I'm finally going to be calling to make my appointment tomorrow!
    How are you feeling: completely exhausted and drained. I've been really short of breathe and not hungry at all. Some good days with not much nausea and other really bad ones.
    Raves/rants: a few days ago I would have been ranting about the insurance issues but since that's all squared away I'm feeling much better about everything! 
    Dream vacation: Europe, as much as I could possibly see in a trip!
  • EDD/W+D:
    Apr 27/ 7w1d

We will definitely be finding out

Blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Sept 17 for first u/s and OB

How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous and exhausted 

Raves/Rants:
    Currently buying a new, bigger home; and selling our current home. Rave: get in the new house tomorrow. Rant: our buyers are dragging their feet at every step

Questions: 
    None currently 

Tropical beach somewhere 

• EDD/W+D: April 25/7w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! We were team green with DS, so I'm excited to find out this time around.

Upcoming Appointments: 9/17 - first scan!

How are you feeling? Exhausted and nausea has been off and on

Raves/Rants: DS is potty trained except for #2 and he's been having a lot of accidents lately, which is torture when even ok-smelling things make my stomach turn. :s 

Questions: None right now

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be? Galapagos Islands!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Can someone explain the team finding out/pink/blue/green thing?? I dont quite get it... pregnancy brain maybe? Or Im just slow lol 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: 7w4d, April 24th, but we might change to May 1st

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    We had our first appointment today and our u/s said we're measuring a week behind.  I'm not too worried since I have long irregular cycles and just have an approximate ovulation date.  Even with knowing my ovulation date with DD1 and DD2 they both measured 5 days behind in the first u/s.  We have a follow up in two weeks to get our official due date.  

How are you feeling? 
    Exhausted, nauseous on and off, sore nipples, headches

Raves/Rants:

Questions: I have a large corpus luteum.  Doctor said that it didn't have any blood in it and its something to watch but no big deal.  She said I might have more cramping on that side.  Anyone else have this happen in previous pregnancies?  

I really want to go to Iceland and see the aurora 

Edit to add question
  • @liselotte77 finding out is exactly that, you still need to wait until your anatomy scan or NIPT to find out, for girl or boy some people know ahead if they're doing IVF, and team green is not finding out
  • @babybison Good luck with your appointment!
  • @KFrob Thanks! It went really well. Measuring behind made me nervous but it's all ok so far. My OB explained that, even with knowing an O date, the growth is still a bell curve. Some people are ahead and some people are behind 🤷.   My OB is a very chill "this is totally normal" type Dr. It was a relief.
  • @babybison my doctor is the same way and I need it!  
  • EDD/W+D: April 28, 7 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out (I hate surprises)

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: FINALLY see the high risk doctor on Friday. I'm hoping he'll be able to send in the request for my dating ultrasound.
    I feel like they move so slow here to get you in compared to other people.

How are you feeling? Okay. Tired a lot, dizzy and out of breath. I wish I wasn't working so I could spend more time with DS.

Raves/Rants:

Questions: 

European tour
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Thanks @KFrob!!

EDD/W+D: April 26 / 7w+2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Altoid

Upcoming Appointments: First appt on Monday!! It's been the longest wait ever it seems. I really hope they do an US. 

How are you feeling? Overall decent. Tired, queezy, sore boobies. 

Raves/Rants: I want to tell EVERYONE and also don't want to tell anyone yet because I dont want the unsolicited "advice". Only 2 sets of close friends know so far. Getting to our parents to tell them is getting to be complicated and I just want them to know already!

Questions: is it too soon to buy maternity pants? So uncomfortable in my jeans.. 

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be? Staying in an over-water bungalow in Fiji or Bora Bora 😍 
  • I think that we should get to wear whatever is most comfortable! My last pregnancy I was in maternity pants from 12 weeks on because my hips couldn't handle normal pants. 
  • Just starting to become active on her so I may be a few days late! 

EDD/W+D: 4/30 - 6w 6 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lady bug

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 1st 

How are you feeling? I am feeling okay. Some times are worse than others but overall feeling good. I have been overly emotional this time around as it is are third and this baby was quite the shock. The emotions are getting to me for sure. 

Raves/Rants:Hating that my husband is not showing the same concerns about going from Man to man to zone defense as me. He really doesn't understand the major changes this will cause for our life going from 2 to 3.  

Questions: Anyone else nervous about going from 2 to 3? 

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be? Greece 

Pregnancy Ticker

• EDD/W+D: 4/30 but haven’t been to doctor yet and also I’m not entirely sure of my LMP date.  

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out... I suck at waiting.

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: First doctor appointment on Friday but I’m pretty sure it’s just going to be bloodwork, paperwork etc.  

How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired and super emotional this week.  I have cried everyday this week over stupid stuff.  

Raves/Rants: This has been a super stressful week and I haven’t made it to the gym since Saturday.  Working out has always helped me deal with stress and not getting my workouts in is not helping my current stress level.  Also I am really anxious for my first ultrasound which at this point hasn’t been scheduled.  I just want to know everything is okay.  I’m 38 so I’m really nervous about this pregnancy given my age.

Questions: None right now. 

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be?  Croatia!  My Mom’s family is Croatian and I would love to take her there!  
  • @mandapandapie13 I'm going from 2 to 3 and I'm really nervous about not having enough hands for my kids. My mom made it worse when she told me going from 2 to 3 was the hardest for her! I'm just hoping my oldest will be on the same page as me in parking lots and agree he shouldn't run away by himself!
  • I'm going from two to three on a full time basis, and 3 to 4 on part time when we have DS.  I'm in a complete panic!  
  • Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out probably. We haven’t discussed it yet

Upcoming Appointments: on 9/23 will be our first appt and sonagram

How are you feeling? Nauseous in the morning typically. Overall, tired but not unbearable.

Raves/Rants: We’re heading back from a beach vacation so maybe I’ll have more to rant about next week. I’ve loved having a little summers ending vacation!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be? A cruise with my whole family. I love cruising but we haven’t taken one with the whole family yet. I have 4 kids (hopefully 5 in April!) I want them to experience cruising while they are young. It seems like it could be so much fun for them. 
  • EDD/W+D: 4.28 7+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Not sure! I think it would be kind of fun to wait! But we are having a hard time settling on a boys name so if we can’t settle before my blood test then I’ll probably find out so I know if we even need to worry about it. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry (or An Altoid officially today)

Upcoming Appointments: October 15th for my first appointment. My OB is so hard to get in with. 

How are you feeling? Overall good! Sore breasts. A little emotional. 

Raves/Rants: none at the moment 

Questions: struggling with how to tell my sister. She just lost her final IVF embryo at 10 weeks. 😢 trying to be sensitive and also trying not to have her be the last to find out...especially since this baby is a total surprise for me.

Disney Cruise again. I love them!
  • @kimberlyevan So sorry for your sister; that must be terrible to go through after such a long journey. 

• @kimberlyevan that's definitely a tough situation. I'm so sorry for your sister. I hope telling her goes well!
  • EDD/W+D: April 28th (according to ultrasound yesterday; midwives may update this)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!!! We don't want to know!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Next is in October and we'll use the doppler

How are you feeling? Tired, and I've got a little lesion in either my esophagus or tummy lining from so much acid reflux so getting a little tired of the heartburn and discomfort. That said, we saw our baby for the first time yesterday so I'm also on Cloud 9!!!

Raves/Rants: We have a new puppy and I love her but it is HARD not being able to leave the house as often or go out for longer walks right now. Also, she won't sleep in her bed so my husband has been sleeping on the couch with her (his choice) so that I can still get my sleep to grow this little bean. Would really love to have him back in our bed soon!

Questions: Anyone else struggling with finding maternity clothes in store? Everything seems to be online right now, but maybe that's just a Canada thing?

GTKY: What would your dream vacation be? Italy!!!! We were potentially going after my friend's wedding in France next year (her fiancé is French) but their wedding is four weeks after our due date so that's not looking likely just yet. Would also absolutely love to see Vietnam, South Africa, and do a trip to Portugal through Spain through Morocco... can you tell I have a travel bug?
  • @kimberlyevan That's a really tough situation. I wonder if there's a way to make this baby extra special for her (not that they're not already, of course). Would you consider having her be a godparent or an extra birth partner or something? A way of helping her share in your joy a little more might help her heal. I also think acknowledging to her that you know the announcement might be bittersweet for her shows a lot of empathy

• @korthouse I'm with you on maternity stuff in store being limited.  I usually order a bunch of stuff from either Old Navy or H&M and try it on at home since they both allow you to return to the store.  Even the Target near me seems to have really scaled down their maternity section.    
  • @liselotte77 I am definitely already wearing mat pants. My pants are super uncomfortable already! I've really liked these leggings I got from Motherhood Maternity that have a waistband that dip down. It's meant to go under your bump instead of over you bump later on, so it doesn't have all that extra fabric that we won't fill out for a little while
  • Okay people, public service announcement: get yourselves a pregnancy pillow!!! Yes, we may be early in our pregnancies, but guess what...my hips and back already hurt, I’m so nauseas at work all day and I’m so exhausted every second I’m not in bed. Then when I get in bed I’m peeing so much it’s hard to stay asleep. I deserve this! And these things are damn comfortable! No regrets here for spending 80 dollars on a pillow! 

• Ok- I have a hiccapop wedge. I HATED the pregnancy pillow. Total unpopular opinion here- but the snoogle and it's friends made me want to throw them out a window.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 update: the pregnancy pillow isn’t working like I thought.... 😂😂😂😂 here’s the thing, I love using it to lounge around the house and put my feet up. It feels like a slice of heaven when watching TV. But I quickly realized after night two that sleeping in it was not going to work for me... jumped. the. gun. 

*exits with tail between legs