April 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

• @littleredm I work OTP up in Alpharetta but live ITP in Chamblee, so I'm all over the place. Grats on baby#1 though! Do you know where you want to deliver? I can give you alllllllll the knowledge I've accrued about having babies in this city over the last 9 years 😂
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @fitzandgiggles I live in Marietta and work in Sandy springs at Northside Hospital! Weird so many in one group from the same area!
  • @livingwithchoas89 we're in the same boat! I have an 8 yo son, 7 yo son, 14 mo daughter and now I'm incubating #4. Send help cause I'm not prepared!
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mwill291 said:
    @fitzandgiggles I live in Marietta and work in Sandy springs at Northside Hospital! Weird so many in one group from the same area!
    I don’t live in the ATL area anymore, but I was born at Northside and lived in Cobb county until middle school!
  • @america_08 Where are you moving in South Texas? I live in the Coastal Bend area. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Hi!  I’m Allie and I’m 27.  Our EDD is 4/24.  This will be my husband and I’s first baby and we are both excited and shocked.  We had just started trying and had luck.  We’re cautiously optimistic at this point:).  
    I’m a teacher in Ohio and I feel like I could take a 2 hour nap at any point of the day! Not sure if it’s baby or my 26 8 year olds that are wearing me out more.  
  • Hi everyone,

I'm Kate and I'm 36. My EDD is 4/3 and this will be my and DH's first kiddo. I found out that I had a missed miscarriage at my 10 week ultrasound in February and so I've been hesitant to post anything on here until our 10w appointment. But our appointment was Sep. 5 and everything was good! We even got to see baby move on the ultrasound! I feel like I can start getting excited now!

I'm an environmental lawyer and my DH is a shrimp farmer. We live on a small farm just outside Kansas City. I'm a transplant here from Arizona.

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months and sharing stories!

• @katestripes Hello, fellow lawyer. I’m a government, public service lawyer. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Hello!! We’re one day apart, I’m April 13
  • Hello!! We’re one day apart, I’m April 13
  • mercury94 said:
    @katestripes Hello, fellow lawyer. I’m a government, public service lawyer. 
    Hi @mercury94. I'm a government lawyer too! I work for the EPA. Thanks for doing such a great job getting this message board organized!
  • Hey everyone! My name is Mina, little bit about myself: I am an EMT, navy wife, and new mom! This will be our third pregnancy. I've unfortunately miscarried twice 1st time at 6 weeks 2nd time at 11 weeks so I'm kind of a nervous wreck lol. We had out first ob appointment last Thursday the 5th which they did an ultrasound all they saw was a gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole yet. The dr told me I'm probably just really early. I had hcg levels check on 2nd at 1595. They haven't given me a time frame yet but is this all normal so far? I'm so nervous about everything. Our next ultrasound is next Monday the 16th. 
  • @cnm830 I also have PCOS and was diagnosed at 18. Ever since I've always been terrified that getting pregnant was going to be extremely difficult. We got very very very lucky and it did not take us long to get pregnant, but now it's hard to shake the feeling that we might lose it. Still haven't had any tests done yet, so I'm trying not to get too excited until we do, but I hear you on the being surprised at being pregnant with PCOS!

Also, My dentist asked if we should do xrays before I knew I was preggo and I had that same instinct to say maybe not just yet...maybe we secretly knew already?
  • Good morning! My name is Lisa, I'm 32 and I currently live in northern Virginia. FTM and very excited!

EDD: 4/21/20 based on LMP but I think I ovulated way late and could actually be due in May. First doctor's appointment scheduled for Tuesday so hopefully I'll have a better idea soon!

How you found out: Been testing consistently since 8/7 (with online cheapies) and only just got my BFP on 9/10 with a FRER.

Hobbies, Job, Etc
    I am an administrator for a residential adolescent eating disorder treatment center. I've been working in the field since 2011 and the people I work with are amazing. They all knew my plans to get pregnant before I even went off birth control, so they were very excited to be the first to know I got my BFP! I like to make things - pottery, jewelry, knitting, baking. I also enjoy nature or just binge watching TV with DH. Also huge Eagles fan!

- Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Fur babies
    Just married DH (who will be 33 in October) in June but we've been together more than 5 years. One small rescue dog named Mowgli who's probably about 7. Not sure exactly what he is but something like a schnoodle, havapoo, cockapoo, or shih poo I'm guessing. 

Anything you’d like us to know:
    I herniated a disc on Aug 4th and I'm trying to figure out how to stay active and let my back fully heal. It's been kind of frustrating. Luckily I don't have too much pain now but I'm super nervous to reinjure it! I hope I don't have to change boards and can get to know everybody here!
  • @lisush Even if your due date moved to early May, you can stay here.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Hi all!! I'm Amanda! Second time mommy, found out at 3 weeks 4 days on August 11th. Currently 8 weeks. We saw our potato this week for the first time and everything is looking good so far. I am married to the best man in the world for 4 1/2 years and we have a 21 month old daughter named Evelyn and she is the best thing to ever happen to us. 
  • @themamalion genetic condition loss here too, and one heart warrior who is 2. Not a club I would wish anyone was a part of, but it is nice to not be solo in the after infant loss journey here. No matter how many tests tell me things look good- I won't believe it til this baby is here and all checked out!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I'm so sorry for all that you went through, my prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope that this pregnancy is uneventful, with the best test results and a completely healthy baby.
  • @lisush Herniated discs are so painful!!! A chiropractor who is comfortable with prenatal treatments might be a huge help. Keeping active too as you heal will help, and focusing especially on back and core strengthening. My sister herniated a disc badly years ago and an anti-inflammatory diet helped too. A lot of anti-inflammatory foods are really good in pregnancy too!