February 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight: Swings and Bouncers

This week’s product spotlight will be: swings and bouncers

Swing
  • If you had a swing, what brand?
  • Did baby like the swing?
  • Does it swing back/forth, side to side, or both?
  • Does it recline?
  • Run on batteries, plug, or both?
  • Any other special features?
  • Would you buy it again?
Bouncer
  • If you had a bouncer, what brand?
  • Did baby like the bouncer?
  • Any special features?
  • Would you buy it again?

Re: Product Spotlight: Swings and Bouncers

• I have a bouncer like the one in this picture. I plan on using it again. My daughter loved it. It vibrates which soothed her almost immediately. 
  • We borrowed both from my cousin.  

Swing: I believe it was the Graco DuetSoothe Swing (https://tinyurl.com/y3xvk672).  It swings side to side and back and forth.  My DD didn't love it.  It came in handy a few times to allow us to eat dinner or something but I'm glad we didn't purchase it ourselves.  We are hopefully borrowing it again this time around in case this baby likes it.  It was good as a product though.  It can run on batteries or electricity and also has a vibrating setting and I believe a music setting too.

Bouncer: I can't find a link to the bouncer online but it was a pretty basic Ingenuity bouncer.  I think it had vibration options.  My DD liked this a lot more and it would allow us some hands free time.  I'd purchase it if we aren't able to borrow it again this time around.

I am interested in the Graco DreamGlider swing and thinking about purchasing that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Swing: I actually had two swings, one was gifted and another was a shower present (there were no swings on my shower registry LOL)

https://fisher-price.mattel.com/shop/en-us/fp/baby-swings/my-little-lamb-platinum-ii-cradle-n-swing-bgb34
    https://www.target.com/p/graco-simple-sway-abbington-baby-swing/-/A-17235431?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Baby%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=1014743&ds_rl=1241788&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1242884&gclid=CjwKCAjw5fzrBRASEiwAD2OSV3yygTkioKLhOBSJzKm4CTpMkAhCG55AYO_if5IEtlk96wVXUZPYPxoC-_IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The first went in all different directions and had songs, and used batteries, the second was a plug-in and only went one side. My daughter hated both of them. She would just scream and scream in both of these. I saved the first one in case this baby is different but I do not have any hopes up for help from it.

Bouncer: The bouncer helped a lot! While I did babywear, it allowed me to take showers, and do dishes and even laundry (it's difficult to pull wet clothes out of a washer or bending over to get dishes out of the dishwasher babywearing) so was basically a life saver.

I don't think they make my exact one but I had a Bright Starts Bouncer Seat like this one and I highly recommend it. I used the vibrating part a few times but she really loved bouncing herself as she got bigger and batting the animals around.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-Bouncer-Seat-Raindrop-Rainforest/308997723

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• We have the FisherPrice Snugabunny swing. The first one broke within a month or two of having it, but they replaced it quickly. It was great when we needed to cook dinner or have a little break and I definitely plan to use it again with #2. It swings front and back and side to side and has a couple of positions to grow with baby. The mobile plays music or nature sounds and my daughter loved watching the little birds fly around. 
  • @lanie1000 I have the exact one. Bought it 7 years ago for my DD, used it for her and my coworkers 2 babies she brought into work and it is still going strong. And am planning on using it for this baby. Highly recommend this swing!
  • lanie1000 said:

We have the FisherPrice Snugabunny swing. The first one broke within a month or two of having it, but they replaced it quickly. It was great when we needed to cook dinner or have a little break and I definitely plan to use it again with #2. It swings front and back and side to side and has a couple of positions to grow with baby. The mobile plays music or nature sounds and my daughter loved watching the little birds fly around. 
    I used this swing with DD2 and she loved it. The base is a little wide so if you’re a little tight on space then I wouldn’t recommend, but otherwise it’s great.