Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 9/14-9/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: WTO Weekend 9/14-9/15

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs, I'm going to get some preseed for this cycle too

R/R: I'm honestly just happy that AF finally showed up. I'm curious to see what this cycle looks like now that I'm temping. Attending a wedding tonight. Headed to the gym here in a second. Need to take DH to go buy a new suit too.

CS/Q: well it'd be a pretty boring chart right now lol.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking from TWW..
    I'm soo happy AF finally showed up @saladflambe !! I saw your name on this thread and had to come check in to see & was really excited to see the CD 2! Who knows what happened, but at least you’ll be back on track now. My next cycle will also be the first to temp - yay! 
  • NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited September 2019

@saladflambe It sounds like you are happy about your period showing up so yay for that! I know sometimes after a long cycle it's such a relief to finally have it come to an end so you can try again. Have fun at the wedding tonight!

@begging4abump that sounds like a hectic weekend. I am totally with you on the whole idea of having that many people over at my house. That would be a hard pass for me. Even if it is catered I am assuming there will be a big mess to clean up. Plus all the cleaning before hand to make everything look nice for guests and get everything set up for that many people. Nope. I hope you have fun. Or, ya know, as much fun as is realistically possible for work events like that.

@millpe yay for your peak already. That's interesting about the temp spike. I would assume it's because you woke up so much later. As for the garage project and your husband I annoyed for you just reading that. I hate it when my husband and I have plans to get something done and then he flakes out to do something completely useless for fun. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: charting, checking CM, OPKs, PNVs, CoQ10, baby aspirin

R/R: I have been getting crazy hot flashes the past 3 days. Not sure what that's all about but I'm ready for that to stop. 

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @begging4abump that's funny, because I actually haaaate weddings  :# have fun at your block party! At least you'll have food... this wedding starts at 5pm, but they are only doing hors d'ourevahiajehah I'm not trying to spell that word right now. Appetizers. They are doing apps only and an open bar. (I don't really drink; neither does DH)

@millpe I haaaateeee it when husbands leaves projects for fecking ever and they never get done. I'm sorry :(

@singing_koala haha thank you! I was happy too! It started yesterday evening, and FF counted that as CD1, so I'm taking it :) Hopefully you won't even need to temp! Good luck!

@NamelessAria yes - happy to be able to move on to the next cycle. It sucked sitting in this limbo of "I know I'm not pregnant, but I also can't try, sooo that sucks." Sorry you're dealing with hot flashes :( hormones? Who knows. Bodies are weird.

• @saladflambe sorry for AF but also glad for you that your crazy cycle is over too. Hopefully temping and OPKs will help you more this cycle. Have fun at the wedding tonight!

@begging4abump no sleeping in here either. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! Enjoy the block party and BBQ!

@millpe ugh that's so frustrating that he's golfing instead. Glad you got to sleep in though.

@NamelessAria sorry for hot flashes. That sounds miserable.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, tracking CF, using FF, OPKs, prenatals

R/R: Nothing terribly exciting here this weekend which I'm okay with.  It's been a pretty quiet day so far and I've definitely needed it.

CS/Q: nope 
  • @NamelessAria I also think the temp spike is just due to waking up early. I used one of those bbt temp converters (which I dont trust at all) and it brought my temp down to a normal pre-O range. I'm probably going to use that and just make a note in FF so it doesnt mess up calculating O just because I slept in! Sorry about the hot flashes! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @kpearse99  Sorry about the test and the dream. I’m still hoping good things for you, and I’m glad that you should get some answers from the dr soon. Is it possible that you felt ovulation pain yesterday? Any cm to corroborate?
    Afm, the block party went pretty well, though I was so amped up about a couple things that happened that I didn’t fall asleep until 3am.
    Tw:lc
    Some kid pushed my toddler in the bounce house on purpose. I reacted well, I think, and told the other kid that it’s not ok to push my kid, and told my kid that she could tell him too, and then let her get out. Then another kid came in and playfully? shoved the first kid, so I think the boys were just playing rougher than I’m used to, but I’m glad my kid got the message that it’s not ok for people to shove her.
     But, on a positive note, I had extended the invitation to my 40ish yo? neighbor who just lost her husband unexpectedly/suddenly this year to a heart attack, and she came, and we bonded a bit, so that seems like a win. And I had some good chats with a few other people too, so I’m proud of myself for sticking it out through awkward to get to somewhat comfortable.
  • @kpearse99 ohh those dreams are so hard! I had a couple of those last cycle during TWW and it's definitely hard to shake that excitement when you wake. Sorry for the BFN. Glad you'll be taking to your RE soon and definitely happy to hear you're getting a quiet day today after yesterday's crazy.

@begging4abump glad the block party was fun and you had some nice conversations with your neighbors. TW:lc
    Sorry about your toddler yesterday. It's hard to handle that situation well and not go into full mama bear mode. My toddler was also pushed down a couple weekends ago and she was pushed hard. There kid's mother was right there when it happened so I thankfully didn't have to address it with him; I just picked up DD cause she was crying, hugged her, and removed her from the situation.
  • @kpearse99 omg those dreams are the worst :( I'm sorry. 
    Wedding was OK - only appetizers, and we aren't really party people - we left by 8pm bc we had a 2-hour drive home. Pretty tired today.

Also, was asked if I was pregnant literally within the first 15 minutes of being there, so, that was fun.

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: OPK, temping, will probably get some preseed. 

R/R: I just ate all the pancakes. I know you're jealous.  :D

CS/Q: still on AF so my chart is meaningless

• @begging4abump I honestly thought about O pain when it happened but no EWCM to go along with it. I had a full week of fertile CM August 29-Sept 4th, with some days of cramping, so im thinking if I did end up Oing it was towards the end of that week. Who knows though hahaha I’m not SS but I feel like i just feel a little different. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Im sorry that happened to your LO. I’m glad you said something. I’m the same way and would have NO problem talking to another kid to help teach right from wrong. And good for you for socializing!! I can’t imagine what your neighbor is feeling after suddenly losing her husband. I’m glad you got to bind with her a bit and get her out of the house. 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Hi!!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: EOD, PNV, bbt?, charting, CM, i'm also on day three of no soda! This is crazy because i'm a cola addict but I decided it's gotta stop. also wanna maybe lose some poundage that i've gained over the past year and soda is definitely the main culprit. So we don't have any in the house and i've been trying to drink mostly water with the occasional lemonade or sweet tea, just a bit. and of course sometimes coffee because, well yeah.

R/R: Rave: my bbt comes today finally! Definitely probably too late, but I can temp anyway and if I missed O then I should be around my usual post-O temps, I can look back to my old charts to see, unless it's changed which is possible. From the past I have ovulated usually around CD 15-18. I got the Femometer and H ordered it for me which I thought was sweet :) He also made the best salmon dinner that night and I told him I need that weekly now.

Rant: I worked another 17 hour shift yesterday but at least I have today off! Really hoping I don't get scheduled for more doubles because I won't do it!! Also rant, haven't really noticed any EWCM yet, just W. wtf. 

CS/Q: We bd/hio two days ago and I got what felt like my usually O pain on my right side almost right afterwards which I thought was odd because why then?? It lasted the rest of the day. It was also CD 12 which is earlier than usual for me. Question is: for those of you who do experience mittelschmerz, when have you experienced it in relation to the O you pinpoint via temping, OPKs, etc? When I was temping I was experiencing the pain almost 2 days before FF said I O'd. So wondering if that is common or maybe my temp rises late or something else? Just curious to hear what others experience. 

@saladflambe sorry that AF showed but sounds like you were ready to move on to the next cycle so hoping you get some insight on it this month! I was going to ask how the wedding was but saw it was apps only and was like uhhh for a dinner-time wedding? NAH. Hopefully they at least tasted good! Also sorry someone asked you the question, I would hate that, so rude! and I AM jealous of the pancakes! what kind did you have? 

@begging4abump i'm glad it was decent even with what happened, it's good that you were right there and said something. maybe he will think twice next time before doing something like that!, (hopefully) That's nice that you had some bonding time with your neighbor, i'm sure that meant a lot to her :)

@millpe yay for sleeping in! Hope you had a decent day even though you were frustrated about the garage. I feel you on the "this project needs to get done NOW" and then H is like "eh maybe later" and then it never gets done. COOL. lol I hope your get your garage back soon! 

@NamelessAria ooooh sorry about the hot flashes, those don't sound fun at all :(

@gingermama29 good for you to have a nice day to relax! Hoping it was recharging :)

@kpearse99 oh man sorry that AF still hasn't showed!! interesting about those twinges! how was your timing during that week? isn't it crazy how those dreams make you feel? Ugh.

• @saladflambe ugh I am sorry. I don't understand why people insist on asking that. There are so many better ways to make small talk. Asking if someone if pregnant needs to be taken out of the list of possible small tall subjects. I had one of my husband's relatives ask me recently and I was like "nope just fat!" It looked like it embarrassed her which is great. Maybe she will think twice about asking someone next time.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria I knew I would be asked because it was a wedding on the side of my family that aaallllways asks. So, I was at least prepared.

@konoha welcome! just plain pancakes :) IHOP date with DH. I also experience what i think is ovulation pain, but this past cycle, I was not temping or doing OPKs, thought I "felt O" ...but then thought I felt it again days later... and again... and basically my body just decided it liked cramps this cycle. I don't really know if what I feel is true o pain or not; will share later this cycle

• Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2 

CD: 42

WAYDTGTKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole & add in progesterone. 

R/R: We’ve had a great weekend! Got a ton accomplished outside yesterday since it was a bit cooler, and then had a wonderful date night!! Dinner was great and the Terry Fator show was awesome!! We laughed so much and just had an all-around good time! He is amazingly talented with his ventriloquism, and funny to boot! Still no signs of AF for me...I’m starting to think I might be ovulating now (which could mean Prometrium just delayed the ovulation, but I’m not sure if that’s possible). I stopped temping after I started the meds, so no way to know for sure, but CM is EW and my heart rate has increased (which it normally does around O like temp and then stays high until AF).

CS/Q: None.

@saladflambe glad AF showed so you could move on to the next cycle. Hopefully temping will help to give you some more clarity this cycle! Yay for pancakes, we had those yesterday! 

@begging4abump glad the block party went well! Sorry about the issue in your spoiler, but sounds like you handled it well! That’s nice the neighbor you invited came and you were able to chat some!! Have fun at the company BBQ today! 

@millpe hope you had a good day yesterday, even though you didn't work on your garage like you thought! That would be frustrating...but hopefully your joking comment was enough to make him realize it needs to happen so you can have your garage back! 

@NamelessAria sorry for the hot flashes...hope they have gone away!! 

@gingermama29 hope you have enjoyed your plan-free weekend!! Were your kids crazy on Friday the 13th like expected? 

@kpearse99 sorry for no AF, but I’ve still got hope for you that it’s a good thing! ☺️ Sounds like it could be with the cramping (possible implantation?!)...but I understand not wanting to get your hopes up too much! Hopefully BW will give you some clarity one way or another! 

@konoha good job on giving up cola...and yay for getting your thermometer! Whoa...a 17 hour shift sounds rough!! Hope you have a relaxing day off today!! I usually have O cramping for several days leading up to O...only one time did I have such intense pain that I felt like I could pinpoint O (I also felt like that could have been a cyst, because it hurt instead of just being uncomfortable cramping)...mostly the cramping just fades and then my temp goes up the next day. 
  • @konoha ooof a 17 hour shift sounds awful. I'm glad you have today off to recoup.

@saladflambe ugh sorry you got that question. One of my kindergartens touched my stomach on her way out of my classroom on Thursday and asked if I had a baby in there. I told her "no, just tacos." I guess it's one thing to get the question from kids who don't have filters yet but adults really should know better. Who the eff does that and really thinks it's okay?
  • @bluetickgal thankfully they weren't too bad! Glad you had a nice date night! Your plans sounded really fun! 
  • @saladflambe thank you! I love plain pancakes so that sounds amazing! I haven't been to ihop in a while, the last couple of times we went out was to waffle house :D oh that's interesting! I hate random cramping because i'm like oh no body what is you doin?? lol 

@bluetickgal yay i'm glad you had a productive day and date night!! that's awesome that the show was entertaining! & oh wow that would be interesting if you were ovulating now! hopefully whatever it is you won't have to wait much longer to be off the bench. 
    Thank you for sharing your experience! I feel like with mine its pretty uncomfortable, definitely different than period cramping, but mainly a lot of pressure especially when I bend over. And sometimes I need to take medicine if its really bad, Most of the time I just lay down and relax and it's manageable. 
    I am definitely enjoying my day off! maybe a little too much  ;) I gotta get something done at least!

@gingermama29 thanks!! It was rough especially since I was short people so ended up stretching myself very thin! but today has been very nice so far :)