Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk / Questions - September

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Chart Stalk / Questions - September

• Ok, so I'm kind of having a meltdown. Putting it in a spoiler because of CM mentions etc. 

My LP is normally 12-14 days, but my last 2 cycles have been a bit shorter - 10 or 11 days. I'll post my chart below. I'm currently 9dpo (FF is incorrect, no way I O'd on CD12 per OPKs, consensus among us in TWW is CD 14 at least) and it looks like I'm starting AF (I just checked my CM and saw brown, which usually means today or tomorrow AF will start). 

MH and I had agreed to try 2 more cycles by ourselves before waving the white flag and asking for help, but I'm now wondering if my LP is hindering me and if I should go get that checked now. I don't want to waste two more cycles if I don't even have a chance! I had my progesterone checked last year as part of my pre-conception appointment, and it was right in the middle of the expected range, I'm wondering if it's possible that my levels have changed and it's now too low? Or am I basically just being BSC, because that's totally possible too. 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• *lurking*

@mvt2003 Do you mind me asking how old you are? Once I turned 36, my cycles started getting shorter. They are now about 6 days shorter than they used to be (I'm 38). So it might not be that your LP is deficient, it could be that your cycles are shortening and you're ovulating earlier.

I do think it's worth a call to your OB and ask that they recheck your progesterone levels, just in case. They should have no problem with that and there's no reason to wait two cycles for a blood test.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 Thank you!!!! I'm 34 now, and I've always had interesting cycles - I'll have a couple of short cycles in a row, then they'll lengthen back out. For example, in 2018 January was 25 days, February 27, March 28, April 28, then May was 30. A short cycle where I never even turned the CB digi in March 2019 was what prompted me to start obsessively using Wondfos. 

I'm going to wait until AF has "officially" made her landing, tell MH we're out for the month, then tell him I want to have my progesterone tested. He's anxious about having to do a SA, so he may freak a bit, I just don't want us to waste more time and (small but stupid) amounts of money on OPKs etc if I'm not even getting the 20% chance each cycle. 

• @mvt2003 I also used to have shorter cycles (22-25 days) & one doctor wondered if I had a LP defect or maybe PCOS—even though I had no other symptoms. Anyway, my current RE told me to order Ovasitol & it has lengthened my cycles out to a pretty normal 28 days. An added bonus is that it’s also killed any sugar cravings because it keeps insulin in check. The brand name seems a bit pricy but it’s a 3-month supply taken twice a day in any drink.  You can also just buy the two ingredients from the health food store: myoinositol and d-chiro inositol. 

Of course, you may also want to check with your doctor about your concerns of the LP defect.

• @keikilove Thanks!! I've started wondering if I should be checked for PCOS actually. It's one of the reasons we've gone keto, to try to see if that will help kill my sugar cravings. (And MH is seeing weight loss success on it, so bonus there!) 

• hey - didn't realize we had a thread for this, or I'd have asked my temping questions here. I have a new one, though - how does illness impact your chart/ability to detect ovulation?

Probably why I should order OPKs, huh... I started temping today & was surprised at how high my temp was for 5am, but now I actually have a slight fever & am realizing I'm just getting sick - explains some things.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe It only impacts it if it’s right around ovulation. Early on, like during AF, it’s not as impactful. And you can always discard the irregular temps. But, yes, OPKs would help in the event it happens during your ovulation time/shift. 
  • @tyrion_ yeah, I figured - it just got me thinking when it happened today (I get sick/low-grade fevers kind of a lot)

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Apparently my word of the day is “impact” 😐
  • I have what may be a silly question. Where do I post on the DAY OF ovulation? TWW? WTO? 
    My type A is overthinking this. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I feel like most move over to TWW once they get crosshairs (so really they're making 3dpo when they move. I moved over the day of my IUIs and ER. And I'll move there tomorrow when my FET is done 🙂
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin ^WSS Ovulation can mostly just be confirmed after the fact i.e. through a sustained temp shift in bbt, so that's why it's best to wait till 3dpo, unless there's a special treatment-related thing going on. ;)
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019
    @BusinessWife Thanks for always holding me down hahaha! You’re always so supportive no matter the circumstance. ETA: @BusinessWife Sorry for the dry spell! Glad to know someone else can relate though and that we are not alone!

Clarifying for any new readers: what I am describing is not your run-of-the-mill “horny” or “I’ve had a couple glasses of wine & now I want to jump him”. This is way more intense in that I feel I have a physical purpose to fulfill. Maybe this is what the male species feels all the time😩😆
  • So, this is my favorite question ever now. Thanks, @keikilove 😂

On a serious note I do find myself way more into sex and wanting it more when I’m fertile. I’ll pay attention this cycle if I feel that “mission accomplished” or “need more sperm” feeling. 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019
    @tyrion_ Thanks for your support!😂 Please do report back after doing your research this next round of FW. Appreciated!👍🏽
  • @keikilove yup, wish H felt the same way tho lol :neutral:
  • Fertility Friend question:

I'm 4 days into temping, and my times for testing have been 3:45am; 3:05am; 2am (yeah); and 3:15am - Fertility friend insists the 2am is the only "on-time" temperature & the rest are "later than normal." I tried making my "default wakeup time" 3:15am, but no change in the chart. This is irritating my OCD self seeing all these arrows! ...any ideas how to get it to accept that 3:15 is my target wakeup time? 

• @saladflambe You will need to set all of your times within 30 minutes on either side of 3:15 AM and then it will recognize 3:15 as your target wake up. Anything outside of a 30-minute window on either side will be marked as an abnormal temperature time. (I got so sick of all the warnings and open circles/open triangles that I just set all my times to within a 30-minute window on either side of my usual wake up time and then make a note about the real time in the Notes section down below.)
  • I hear you, the arrows are just so stupid-looking! Lol @saladflambe
  • @keikilove right, so I'm expecting the 2am to be marked as being outside the window...not the other 3. That's what I don't understand... if 75% of my times are within 30 min of 3:15am and 1 time is outside of that, why is it picking that outlier as being the only one "within the timeframe?" It should be marked with a down arrow to indicate "earlier than normal" right?

• @BusinessWife it makes me feel like a failure lol. "Look how many times you were late, Salad! Bad bad bad!"

• @keikilove I do get super horny in my fertile window especially the last 2 days or so. But I'm not sure if it is "run of the mill" horny or what. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Don't feel bad.  Maybe they updated something that screwed things up. @saladflambe  case in point.  I have it set to 5am.  Actual temp times as follows:
    530, 435, 5, 3, 4.  THREE AM GETS THE SOLID DOT!!!!!  Nooooooo!!!!!  Like really, why.  I don't see any reason for it. 🤷
  • I don’t typically stalk this thread but clicked into it today but I am so happy I did! @keikilove I’m a few days late but you made my day with your question 😂
  • Can I ask an OPK question? When does everyone take them? For reference I have cheapies from amazon. 

Right now ive been taking them as soon as I get home from work - so 5:30ish. Do I need to ninja test at work? Am i supposed to not pee or drink for like 3 hours before or is that overkill? 
  • I take them <i>after</i> my first morning pee or MOTN pee, so like 6 am ish, and then again when I get home from work.  Some women have a short surge so you want to try and catch it.  Personally, if I felt I needed a third test right around my likely peak, I would opt for bedtime over at work, but YMMV. @chaos-and-coffee
  • @chaos-and-coffee I typically take an OPK around noon and then another around 6pm or so if the first looked close. Those times aren't exact by any means but I'm not testing with FMU or before bed or anything. If I had to work a 9-5 I don't think I would want to do them at work so I would probably take OPKs before leaving for work and when I got home.

I don't generally do a hold for OPKs. If my pee looks like pee and not water that's good enough for me. So I do try to not go crazy with fluids before testing but that's about it. I will rarely do a hold if I keep having OPKs that are stupidly close and my pee is also more diluted than normal that day. But yeah it doesn't seem to make a big difference. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hahahaaa! Thank you @tyrion_! This very entertaining note is being logged in the research book. (Glad to know I’m not alone in any of this!!!)
  • Question. Are we supposed to temp in the middle of the night. I’ve been temping at 5am, when my alarm goes off. But I do remember temping at like 2am in the past. Or is it just the consistency that matters? 
    And @keikilove even before ttgp I have noticed that I am super horny during my “window”, even while on bc. So I’m very curious how my body will react knowing that there is nothing stopping the sperm from entering. I have also noticed that for the past few months I’ve been getting ovulation pain, which I thought before was a totally made up thing 😂, but that shit can hurt sometimes. I’m hoping that in continues moving forward. I need all of the signs possible. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• I have a probably really dumb question but it's my first month using OPKs so here goes: do they generally start to read high at the start of FW or will a high reading come much closer to O with peak being on O day? I'm asking because I've started getting EWCM but my OPKs are still reading low. 
  • @blackgirlmagic it should be consistent, and it should be after at least 3 (I think they say) hours of sleep. I temp at 3am-ish bc I consistently have to pee around that time lol.

@gingermama29 the surge should be a day or so before O, but some people's surges are so quick that you won't catch them on OPKs.

• @gingermama29 mine went from low to high and basically nothing in between. During FW or what I think is FW I test 2x a day to make sure I catch the surge. Mine were low until last night was positive, and then this morning was blazing positive. Now low again. I had EWCM a little yesterday and a lot today, and I’ve got some cramps so I’m pretty sure O is today. 
  • @gingermama29 Not a dumb question. OPKs are confusing! Once an OPK reads positive, you should expect to O within 12-36 hours, depending on which end of your LH surge you took the test. Some people have really short surges, and they are easy to miss. My surge is pretty long, and I O consistently around the same date, so I just start taking tests a few days before I expect O. But if your O date varies a lot, or you're not sure when you O, I would take one at least twice a day until you get a true positive. (Buy cheapies online. Much, much less expensive!) Pay attention to your specific brand's instructions. Some say not to use first morning urine. Afternoon or early evening testing is usually recommended. I hope that helps! Others probably have more insight than I do.
  • @saladflambe thanks! I’ll keep it at five then. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Also - for OPKs - some people *cough* me *cough* can have multiple surges, but ovulation might not occur after the first one. That's why temping alongside OPKs is necessary to confirm actual ovulation

• @gingermama29 It depends on which brand you’re using too. Clear blue Digitals (whatever the pricey ones are) let you know high fertility by testing estrogen levels, so I think most people get high before peak if using those. I think the high/estrogen level increase coincides with EWCM. The *ahem* more economical ones are just looking for luteinizing hormone, so it’s not surprising to go from low to peak especially if testing once a day on those since some have a short surge window, as pp have noted. 
  • Thank you ladies! 😊 I'm glad I asked and very much appreciate the information! I'm using wondfos which I think said you can use any time of day do I'll definitely start testing twice a day!