May 2020 Moms

STM Check-in September

rachelg777rachelg777 member
edited September 2019 in May 2020 Moms
EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now?

Re: STM Check-in September

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 5/14, 4 +1

How old is/are your other kid(s)?  16 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's great, oblivious of course and would definitely not understand about a new baby yet. He goes to a small daycare and recently 2 six month olds started and I guess he has been really gentle and sweet with them so that is encouraging. Especially because when we visited my sisters last month (one has an 8 month old and one has a 3 month old) he wanted to swipe at their faces a bit.... Of course, 9 months is a long time for a 16 month old so I'm not worried.

Any questions/concerns? Not yet

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? Right at 2 years. I think it will be perfect, I just hope they aren't born on the same day.... 
  • Loading the player...
  • @rachelg777 That's sweet that YS is gentle with the babies.  DS is obsessed with babies and is always telling me all about his friends' baby brothers and sisters.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll That's so funny about the two m&m's! Is he super grumpy at night if he doesn't get a nap at daycare?

*TW* loss
    Sorry about the triggering question, I copied this from the April board and didn't even think. But you are so right, I could see how that would be upsetting. Let me edit for a new question!

• edited September 2019
    @rachelg777 is there a chance they could be born the same day? How crazy would that be! 

@shamrocandroll girl sometimes you gotta bribe those kids! Whatever works right? And *tw* I get it about the age gap. Baby is due 1 month before DS turns 5, our 1st loss would have made a 2 year age gap *end tw*

EDD/Weeks + Days:  May 14 / 4+1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Just turned 4 in June

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? DS is great. He's in preschool right now and loves it. His teacher said he's having some difficulty with attending tasks and just wants to run around the classroom, but he likes helping one of the aids go to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast so they say "if you do your work, you can go with miss J to pick up breakfast" that sentance works more often than not lol.

Any questions/concerns? DS is pretty rough, I am a bit concerned for how he'll be around a baby, but we're always working on having him be gentle to other kids and our cats, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? He's in preschool and getting speech therapy right now and there are so many new sounds and a few words and it is just amazing to see. Also he's a big hugger right now. He'll wrap you in a huge bear hug and say "awwwww" and walk away like nothing happened  :D 

Eta can't spell
  • @rachelg777 He's usually pretty good until bedtime, and then turns into a demon.  Everyone is much better off if he can get even just a 30 minute snooze during the day.  

@splashmountain Aww that's so cute he loves to help so much! Sounds like he just likes to be moving!  And super extra cute about the hugs.  <3  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• newmomtx06newmomtx06 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 5 weeks today

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 18 months 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?  She is doing pretty well. A little clingy but she’s also teething. 

Any questions/concerns?

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now?  She is so adventurous. She’s hard to keep up with sometimes but I am loving seeing her curiosity develop. 

ETA  put the wrong comment in the wrong place. 
  • @splashmountain My DS's bday is 5/10 and my current EDD is 5/14... so it could. BUT I was 8 days late with my son so I'm likely going to be late again. That's so adorable about your sons hugs!
  • Is this just for second time moms?? What about 4th? 😬

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 4th/ 5weeks 4days 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? I have almost 6yr old identical twin boys and a 3.5 yr old girl

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? My boys just started kindergarten in August and it’s amazing 😂 summer was so so long that I couldn’t wait for kinder to start 😬 they love it though and are learning a lot! My 3 yr old just started preschool too so it’s nice to have a 3 hr break twice a week! 

Any questions/concerns? My 5 yr olds are so stubborn and love to argue and ignore me right now, so some days are difficult dealing with their attitudes! Ppl told me they are easier at 5 but 🙅🏻‍♀️ Not mine. 

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? They can be really sweet and tell me they love me a lot randomly. It’s also nice when they help out without being forced to ha! 

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @twinmom1121 It's for STM+s!  Anyone with one or more kiddos.  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @rachelg777 No worries about the question.  It's something I'm working through.  It's not necessarily triggering so much as it's just a reminder that I can't control every little thing in life, which is hard for me sometimes, hahaha.

@newmomtx06 I hear you on being hard to keep up with.  Some days, I'm just like "Can we just sit on the couch and snuggle?" but normally he's having none of that, haha!

@twinmom1121 Enjoy your newfound time to yourself!  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @bananapanda That's so funny, because fruit snacks are our other bribery snack.  We get the ones with fruit and veggies, so I feel a little bit less bad?  He also ONLY gets them for having no accidents all day, and it's the only thing we really do rewards for.  I added in the second m&m for naps to see if it would work and it did, so I guess we'll see how he did today and go from here, but I'm okay with a pack of fruit snacks and 2 m&ms per day if it means no accidents and he takes a nap.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @bananapanda your almost-2-year-old sounds a lot like mine in many ways, lol. I love what you said about her trying to be funny!

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 13/4+2

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD will be 2 on October 8.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Pretty well. I was home with her all summer, but now that school is back she's back in daycare. She does really well there, except she's in a room with kids from age 3 months all the way up to 2, and I feel like the older kids aren't getting as much attention from the staff. She's also pretty advanced in terms of language and I think she really needs the challenge of being with kids who are older than her. She moves up to the next room on her birthday and I'm looking forward to it.

Any questions/concerns? Pretty much what I wrote above. Also, she was a holy terror at bedtime last night, which was concerning but not typical.

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? She's starting to get the hang of using proper grammar, especially pronouns, and forming much longer sentences. It's fun to feel like we're having "normal" human conversations!
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: May 14 (LMP, only a day off from O so I guess I will stick with it) 4+1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Turns 3 in November!

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She is doing really well. We are focusing on potty training this weekend.

Any questions/concerns? Nothing so far.

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? I really like that I can actually talk to her and get somewhat reliable information when something is up.

@rachelg777 I'm sure by the time this LO comes, your son will do great! So cute that he is doing well with the babies at daycare.

@shamrocandroll Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! I'm doing sticker charts and prizes for potty training.

@splashmountain Aren't are kiddo's hugs the best?

@newmomtx06 Teething clingy-ness is so overwhelming!

@twinmom1121 I bet it is so nice to get a break from the kiddos!

@bananapanda It is amazing how the smallest things entertain these LOs.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• EDD weeks & days: 5/7, 5w2d 

How old is your other kid? 21 months

How is your other kid doing? He’s great. Currently convinced the baby is in his belly which is hysterical.

Any questions/concerns? HOLY BLUMP GUYS. It started early with the first baby too, I was visibly pregnant at 9 weeks because my blump looked just like a bump. Today I seriously look 18 weeks. Wtf.

What is your favorite thing about your kid right now? His language is exploding and the hilarious ways he says things is the best. He just went very dramatically “MOOOOOOMY are you??” To ask where I am, even though we are less than four feet apart. So so so cute. Also he’s super into hugging. The best.
  • kaitieb14 said:
    How is your other kid doing? He’s great. Currently convinced the baby is in his belly which is hysterical.
    This is adorable and hilarious 😂
  • soprano19 said:
    kaitieb14 said:
    This is adorable and hilarious 😂
    It’s so funny. We ask him where the baby is and he’ll pull his shirt up and pat his belly and go “baby, awwww”
  • pilotwife6pilotwife6 member
    edited September 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 10 4+6 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD just turned two 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She is doing well! She doesn’t completely understand what is coming her way but she loves babies so I know she will be just fine. 

Any questions/concerns? Just hoping morning sickness isn’t too bad this go around and that I have the strength to push through for DD. I don’t want to be a zombie the first trimester if I can help it. 

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? She is talking up a storm. Everyday she learns a slew of new words. She also has amazing reading comprehension, she will read me books that we have read before and retell the story almost the way it actually goes - super cute. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: May 5/5+4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 is 6 and DS2 will be 4 next month. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? DS1 is in treatment for leukemia and doesn’t finish treatment until Dec 2021 so it will be interesting to see how I juggle all this. DS2 has been very whiny and clingy lately, I don’t think he’s going to handle a baby well.

Any questions/concerns? EDD is 3 weeks before the end of the school year. I’m stressing on how DS1 will get to school during those last few weeks. He already misses 1-2 times a month for appointments so I try not to have him out any other times. 

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? DS1 is at an independent stage which is awesome. I can nap in the afternoons and not worry too much about him. DS2 is in a helpful stage right now. He wants to sweep, mop and do anything else he can. 
  • @rox7777 that is a lot to handle. Praying that your son’s treatment is successful. ❤️
  • @rox7777 don’t stress now. School is important but if I could choose when a kid would miss it would definitely be the end of the year. Late is better than not at all and at that point I would be mostly concerned that he doesn’t miss on any fun days with parties or field days. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Any questions/concerns?

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 18, 3w6d

we have a 4, 3, and 1.5 year old. 

The 1.5 year old is having a minor procedure Friday to put tubes in her ears. The 4 year old is in her first year of big kid school and doing soccer and absolutely loving it. Even more than I thought she would. Our 3 year old is a very passionate child. She’s struggling to get back into routines with changes in childcare. Her personality really blossoms when she isn’t around our oldest and it’s so fun to see that. 
  • @m6agua how did potty training go over the weekend and is your DD feeling better?

@lajoliedreamer so cute about the gas lol
  • @rachelg777 It went pretty well, just a couple accidents. We will see how she did at daycare today. She was fine by the next day, so I don't know if it was the antibiotics or just a quick bug.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: May 24 / 3 weeks + 3 days I think?

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 - just turned 3, DS2 will be 2 in Nov

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Great. We just switched daycares and we FINALLY had a decent drop off. My older one has been SITTING DOWN in the parking lot refusing to walk in, and I physically cannot pick both of them up, so it's been quite a stressful last few weeks. 

Any questions/concerns? how in the hell am I going to bring 3 kids into daycare? I think I'm going to have to wear the baby in. I think it's the only way. 

What is your favorite thing about your kiddo right now? for DS1, my favorite thing is that he's learning and repeating basic "niceties" all the time, and it's cracking me up. Leaving daycare he'll say "Goodbye friends! thanks for coming! I'll see you soon! have a good night!" like all in once sentence at the same time. For DS2, he's just repeating everything DS1 does, and its adorable. It's also exciting because it keeps both of them in the same place at the same time!
  • mamaqdubu said:

Any questions/concerns? how in the hell am I going to bring 3 kids into daycare? I think I'm going to have to wear the baby in. I think it's the only way. 
     4 yo and almost 3 yo like to be helpful. Maybe they could hold each other’s hands and your one hand leaving your other free for baby? A lot changes between 2 and 3 and even more changes between 3 and 4 :) (my “favorite” ages if I HAD to choose ;))
  • @ruby696 I hear you with the preschool transition! I finally had a good drop off after a few weeks of constant whining! Mine has been in preschool/daycare his whole life, but for some reason the jump to the bigger classroom & more kids is intimidating. 

@rox7777 oh my gosh that is so much to handle and the treatments are so long. I'm sure there are up and down days, but I hope he's on an upwards trajectory to recovery.  <3

@shamrocandroll we do m&m bribery too. or we used to, for potty training, and now anytime DS1 does something well he expects one. 

Also, general question here, are we using *TW* when talking about our other kiddos in the rest of the threads? I see people casually mentioning their kids in posts. I know it's a no-no in the TTGP board, but i forget in the BMB what the "standard" is?

• @mamaqdubu No TW for LC on BMBs.  Everyone here is currently pregnant, so talk of pregnancy and little ones is accepted and expected.  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mamaqdubu Today was the first day that she didn't whine/cry the whole time. Fingers crossed we're getting back to normal! It's so hard to see them sad. But I also need to get to work... 😬
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    16 May/4+2

DS1: 4
    DS2: 19 months

Pretty great. DS1 is definitely old enough to know what’s going on this time and I haven’t really told him anything yet just because he is also four and may feel the need to tell everyone and random strangers. Lol. DS2 is into all.the.things right now. He’s definitely going to be taking advantage of all the first trimester weaknesses. 

Any questions/concerns?
    Not yet. 

DS1 is the sweetest kid... extra snuggles, taking care of me the couple of times I’ve gotten sick. And he’s such a wonderful big brother. DS2 is in a fun age right now—lots of words, lots of new things he’s learning. I really enjoy our hours together while big brother is at preschool.  :)
  • @mamaqdubu Thanks for asking that - I was wondering about that, too!
  • @shamrocandroll and @mamaqdubu There’s no shame in bribery 😊

@ruby696@mamaqdubu
    I definitely don’t envy the drop-off. DH does it b/c I leave too early for work. I’m sure there are Many rough mornings. You are strong mamas. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 15th, 5w

How old is your other kid(s)? 2 in Nov

She’s great. Does get sick a lot from the 2-3days/wk she goes to daycare. Everyone says it will make for a better immune system when she’s older...FX

Any questions/concerns?
    Weird question...but does anyone have any good nicknames for vagina? DD is so curious and wants to know everything and what everything is called. She’ll point to something and say “That?”. Not sure what to call her lady parts?

She’s so funny all the the time. Right now she’s in this phase where she Loves sunglasses, has like 7 pair. She usually just where’s them outside but lately at daycare she wants to keep them on All day. They have cameras in the rooms so I peak in on her occasionally and she’s always wearing them, cries when the teacher asks for them 😂 😂 😂 
  • @randicap-2 I would just call it a vagina, that way she doesn’t get confused or feel ashamed of it when she’s older. Cute about the sunglasses!!
  • @randicap-2 +1 for just calling it a vagina. If something were to happen and she would confide in a teacher or something, they would not know what your nicknames are. I've used vagina, breast, nipple, etc with DD when she asks and she is almost 3 now.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019