February 2020 Moms

GTKY Friday the 13th Edition

Have you ever had really bad luck?

Stealing this idea from the cool cats in TTGP :).
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: GTKY Friday the 13th Edition

• Fortunately (knock on wood) no! I’ve definitely had bad days but I’m not one of those unlucky people in general.

I’ve read they have done studies on Friday the 13th and found it no unluckier than any other day but I still attribute anything crazy or bad to the date haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • @celticknotfire Oh dang! Those are some crazy chances! 
    TW
  • I don’t think so. Bad days of course, but nothing super unlucky. Unless not winning the lottery counts  :D
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Yup. DH and I felt like we had a whole year of bad luck. Just so many things going wrong, breaking down, broken bones, bank accounts being hacked, loss of a job, etc. 
  • I have pretty bad luck with animals. I've been chased across a college campus by raccoons, bitten by a horse, charged by a buck, and stung by a jellyfish. 

I still LOOOVE animals so much. Thankfully, my pup and kitty love me back.  
  • Today was pretty nuts at work. Lots of csections and tons of triages. Everyone was blaming Friday the 13th and the full moon.
  • Do past relationships count? 😂
    TW
  • Christmas 2013! Sorry, this might be a little emotional...you've been warned!
    To set the scene, my parents had moved to let my aunt have a place to live as she was in hospice care and couldn't be on her own. My brother and his family (9mo pregnant & 2 small kids) had just moved back to the state and were living with my folks also. 
    My dad had a massive heart attack a week or so before Christmas and was in the hospital after a quadruple bypass. Obviously, everybody was preoccupied with everything going on so it came down to me and a couple friends I had recruited to help me make sure the kids all had christmas presents wrapped from Santa Claus. Anyway, Dad was supposed to come home on the 22nd but they made him stay overnight for observation because his blood pressure was a little high. 
    Early morning of the 23rd, my SIL woke up my mom to let her know that the Hospice nurse said my Aunt had passed. My mom was in such a state she started cleaning the house at like 4am and forgot to come wake me up to let me know what had happened. 5 hours later, my nephew was born. About that time, my mom was able to also go bring my Dad home, but they went straight to the hospital where my SIL was at to see baby. 
    Meanwhile, I'm left at home with the 2 LOs and my sister. The oldest kiddo was old enough to realize things were weird and asked me "Why did Aunt Sharon leave? Did she not like us anymore?" 
    That was probably the worst time in my life! 

• @babyroma That is so awful!!!
    TW