May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 9/9

2»

Re: PGAL Check-In 9/9

• Options
    @heatherlynn321 @pirateduck I feel ya both. It's a struggle. I think just the not knowing is the worst!
  • Options
    @ruby696 Oh man, I feel this on a deep level.  I just POAS on Monday and I'm over 6 weeks along.  So I'm ridiculous right there with you!  Are they planning to do another beta draw?  My second made me feel okay, but my third really helped calm some of the crazy.  Of course I'm still an anxious mess about my scan tomorrow, but I feel like I'd be more of a mess if I didn't know my betas were great.  That's the hard part... deciding whether more appointments and blood draws will make the anxiety worse or better.  To answer your question, I think there's so much variation in pee sticks.  Especially the cheap ones.  I made myself stop peeing on them every day and went to every other day, and then I went like a week before my last BSC wave hit me.  Honestly, even the last one, it was darker, but not as crazy dark as you see in some internet photos.  And that's with my betas being at 13,000.  I know this is way easier said than done (and hypocritical of me to say), but try not to worry too much about it.  Hugs!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @irish_katie_80 Thanks!

@shamrocandroll Good luck tomorrow on your scan!
  • Options
    @ruby696 Aww good!  I'm glad!  I've decided to stop peeing on things too, so we can lean on each other for moral support!  <3  HUGS BACK!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    I’m trying to remember what it’s called but eventually you hit a concentration of hcg that is too high and the tests stop working correctly. Like you can test everyday and everything be fine but eventually the line lightens and goes away because the hcg is too high for the test. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I think it's the hook effect. But I don't think I'm far enough along for that. Don't get me wrong, my test line is now (barely) darker than the control. It just hasn't happened as quickly as I wanted it to. Because I am insane, apparently. 🙂
  • Options
    @ruby696 Don't feel insane, you sound like me yesterday! PGAL brain is the worst.
  • Options
    @ruby696 not at all. My three pink dye tests get here today because MH bought Clearblue for some unknown reason.  :D 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll I do not know if I can truly embrace the insomnia.  I also don’t think I will ever embrace progesterone supplements...  as much as I am counting how many days I am preggo I am already counting down to ditching the progesterone!
  • Options
    @pirateduck just because it has taken you a while to get pregnant does not mean you have to love everything about pregnancy. Some of it sucks majorly.  <3
  • Options
    haha, thanks @mdfarmchick so true!  
  • Options
    Lurking, hello! I had an early MC before DD but haven’t checked in here yet.  @pirateduck I’ve spanned two years before and my H’s employer changed insurance in March (!) when I was due in July. It was really dumb. We had to start all over again with the deductible, etc. in both January and March.  Fortunately, I was with a big practice that takes lots of insurance, but I had to stop seeing a nurse practitioner (who was great and easier to schedule with) because my new insurer wouldn’t reimburse for her at a rate that the nurse practitioners liked or something. So weird. TLDR, it can work out ok, but it’s definitely annoying. 
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 yay for nausea!

@pirateduck the progesterone isn't terrible, but the fact that it has to stay cold is kind of a nuisance. I'm going out of town this weekend for a girls shopping weekend (mom, grandma and sister) and I will have to bring it in a cool chest with icepacks lol
  • Options
    hmm...  @splashmountain it must be different than mine, I don't keep mine in the fridge or anything.  That or I never read the label properly.  Now I feel like I have to go home and read the bottle!
  • Options
    @pirateduck My morning progesterone doesn't have to be refrigerated but my evening one does. So if yours didn't come in a refrigerated pack with obvious instructions, you're probably fine.
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 you have cleared the first hurdle!  I know some women who have had 3 betas and others whose doctors ink draw 2.  As I’m waiting for my next appt I’m wishing my doctor drew one more beta.

oh, and I checked my progesterone, no refrigeration needed, which is good because mine is leftover from last pregnancy and has been sitting at room temperature for quite some time now!
  • Options
    @pirateduck Thanks! I asked for the third test, and she was a little hesitant, but when I told her about my prior history, she said okay. Now I just need Tuesday's to be at least 4000, and I I finally might feel optimistic about this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @pirateduck my RE was very clear it needed to be refrigerated and so was the pharmacy. It was shipped in Styrofoam with ice packs and said keep refrigerated AALLLLL over it. You'd definitely know if yours needed to stay cold lol

Omg @ruby696 yay for nausea! So excited for you!
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7ish weeks, May 5th-9th-ish, no kids

2. Previous loss(es)? Had a missed miscarriage in May and a d&c 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm exhausted. I remember when I got pregnant earlier this year and felt super tired. I had a feeling I was pregnant before the positive test because of how exhausted I was. I rebounded for a few days and had a little more energy but I am back to exhausted. I'm not sure I would say I feel nauseous yet but I feel *different*. The best way I described it to my hubby is that I feel bloated-- super full and when I think of food it makes me feel ill BUT simultaneously I can think of certain foods and want to devour them. It's an odd feeling to have simultaneously. Like I am so bloated/sick/full but man could I eat some guacamole or crab rangoons. Mmm. 

4. Any appointment updates? I don't have a first appointment until 10/1. After my missed miscarriage and a few issues with my prior doctor I decided to switch doctors. I haven't seen my new doctor yet and they cant get me in until 10/1. I'm trying hard not to think about the pregnancy and just keep busy with everything else in my life. I have been let down before and without having anything concrete from the doctor for several weeks I just have to not think about it.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm mostly just scared. I haven't told anyone other than hubby about the pregnancy. I am upset because my doctor during my last (and first) pregnancy wouldn't see me until after 10 weeks. I went in around 11 weeks and he thought he heard a heartbeat and said everything was fine. It wasn't until around 13 weeks that I went to get my first ultrasound and they found that I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks 5 days, which angers me that the doctor could have caught it on my first appointment. It also TERRIFIES me that I could be going in on 10/1 which is around the same 10 week mark and that things could theoretically look okay at the doctor but go poorly after that. I just want to get past the first trimester and feel a little safer. Given I have never had a successful pregnancy I just have a hard time imagining it going well. I know I have only had one miscarriage and am probably luckier than those who have suffered many but it's hard to stay optimistic. I also miss soda. I drink a ton of diet soda. I stopped drinking caffeinated soda when I found out I was pregnant. I am still drinking 1-2 non-caffeinated sodas a day. I know it probably isn't great but it is better than caffeinated. I haven't found a ton online about it other than obviously doctors suggest water over soda. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just the doctor's appointment. I am excited to get out of the first trimester. I just feel like if I can just make it until Christmas things will be ok. 
  • Options
    Awe @doctorcrime I will say that the way you are feeling is normal.  I have no children either and my previous pregnancy ended in MC so it’s hard to believe it’s real and my husband and I still say things like “IF we have a baby” and don’t talk about “WHEN we have a baby.”  Every day it’s a little more real but we are not excited yet and more nervous.  That first ultrasound appointment when we can see something positive is so hugely important emotionally.  Hang in there love.  Try to continue life as normal until you can get into the doctor.
  • Options
    @doctorcrime I've had multiple missed miscarriages, so I completely understand your fear of another. I think it's SO important that you have a doctor you feel comfortable with and who will support you - I hope you love your new doctor. Mine does a confirmation US during the first appt. Maybe ask your new office if they will do a US at that time? Welcome to the group. ❤

@pirateduck MH and I qualify everything with "if" also. It feels kind of gross, but I feel like we need to be realistic. 
  • Options
    Just went out and bought more tests 🤦🏻‍♀️ H is very nice for not thinking I’m crazy.
  • Options
    @soprano19 2/3 of the tests I had on Wednesday were weird so I promised MH that I wouldn’t buy anymore. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I hope you have better luck than me. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick the CVS cashier was super ballsy... she wished me luck and asked if it was going to be my first 😱😂