Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o September 9

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What's your favorite "fall" treat (apple cider, pumpkin bread, etc.)?

Re: TTCAL w/o September 9

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

NMC 1/17, BO 6/19, CP 8/19

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Found an old test that somehow got left in the half bathroom. Thanks for the reminder, life! Pharmacy also sent a progesterone refill reminder from last cycle. Luckily I’m about to ovulate the earliest I’ve ever ovulated with a nice follicle, so I’m focused on now.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Today we get all of our initial test results including AMH and the SA, which DH apparently thinks be may have TTA for too long for while I was dealing with the MC.

hot apple cider 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Sorry for those reminders, they can sneak up on you. Hoping for great results from your tests and yay for ovulating!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

2 MMC's, 2/19 and 6/19

Well I got my first AF since the ER over the weekend. I'm glad it came so I can move forward but omg it's so bad. So heavy and so much cramps. I barely slept last night was up like every 2 hours to change pads. I am so tired today. 

But I emailed my nurse first thing, cause I am hoping to get my Saline Sonogram scheduled now. Trying to get all my ducks in a row for my FET.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Still waiting on PGS results and Saline Sono

Apple cider donuts straight from the farm with hot apple cider!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @NYTino24 glad you're focused on O with your nice follicle!  Come on, egg!

@hanshotfirst77 I hope you can get the saline sonogram scheduled ASAP.  Keep us posted.

Both of you have me craving apple cider, though I had my first hot chocolate of the season last night and it was gooooood.

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: Early loss in May 2019

I was so hopeful for this cycle. Our timing was awesome. The “signs” I made up in my head were perfect. And now I’m just here, mad. Annoyed. Impatient because I keep thinking about how I should be nearing the 20 week mark. I’ll wallow today and move on tomorrow. 

At the same time I’m very thankful I have this group to vent to. You all have had these same thoughts and feelings. And it’s nice to be able to share somewhere. Of course I wish none of us were here. But I am thankful for it 💗

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None 

GTKY: What's your favorite "fall" treat (apple cider, pumpkin bread, etc.)? Anything Apple. Yum. 

@NYTino24 Ugh, sorry for those reminders. I’m hopeful for you nice little follicle you have growing! Hoping this is your take home baby in there! 

@hanshotfirst77 Sorry your period was so awful and intense. Hope you’re feeling better today. Fingers crossed you get your saline sono scheduled ASAP. 

@litigatorgal Hope your week goes well! Good luck with your trial! 

• @tyrion_ sorry AF is coming. It sucks when you think you did everything right but still it fails. and thoughts of remembering where we should be are the worst. Hugs <3

AFM I did get my Saline Sono scheduled for Friday afternoon. Hopefully AF will have left the building by then. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Early MC (5 weeks) December '18. CP July '19

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I was doing well this TWW until I left concert rehearsal tonight. *TW PG, LC*

Two of the other ladies I am singing with are pregnant and a third has an infant. There was so much gushing and so many jokes, like "don't hit that high note, you'll go into labor!" 😞  I know nothing about these ladies' journey to motherhood, so I'm not bitter towards them. They're nice women. It's just very hard. The theatre world is where I go to get away from everything, it's my safe place. Tonight, and for the next two weeks, I can't escape the IF/loss mom sadness. I held it together but damn, did I cry on the way home. 

What's going well is I am happy that I get to do some kind of performing right now. I don't think I can commit to this theatre's holiday show this year, so I feel fortunate that they asked me to participate in this. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Betas on Friday but since I don't really feel any consistent symptoms, PMS or otherwise, my gut says it's not going to be good news. TBH, I am dreading it. 

GTKY: What's your favorite "fall" treat (apple cider, pumpkin bread, etc.)? Warm apple cider donuts FTW! I haven't had them in years, though. A local restaurant has a spiked apple cider martini that is amazing, too. 

• @NYTino24 so sorry about that out-of-nowhere reminder. :( I hope you get some answers from your test results.

@hanshotfirst77 I'm sorry AF is such a witch right now. FX for good sono results!

@tyrion_ so many hugs to you right now. This rollercoaster sucks so, so much. 💜

@litigatorgal good luck with your trial! 
  • @emeraldduchess Those were some dumb comments and it’s frustrating when stuff like that is all some people will talk about. Being public about our struggles seems to have helped other people be a little more sensitive about what they say around me. I hope you find your peace and get your rainbow baby really soon.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Thanks @NYTino24. I am not close to anyone that was at rehearsal so there was no way for anyone to know that the circumstances were triggering. TW
    The hardest for me was when they kept referring to them all as "mama". I seriously wanted to scream. It just made me so sad because people rarely aknowledge loss moms as mothers. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited September 2019
    @emeraldduchess
    In an idea world, everyone would have some awareness and sensitivity towards others. I remember being a little older and single and wanting so badly to find a good partner and to be able to start a family. There are so many other women in that position and dealing with other circumstances. While I don’t assume all women want kids, I’m careful about what I say around others because I don’t know their struggles. What I’m saying is that there needs to be more empathy even among strangers. 
    I see you. You are a mother and one day you will have that rainbow baby!!!

• @emerraldduchess I’m sorry your usual escape was full of triggers. You’re absolutely right about people forgetting that loss moms are indeed mothers. I do hope as people are more open and more awareness is brought on to losses that that changes. 
  • @tyrion_ @NYTino24 thank you both so much. 💚 This road has opened my eyes so much about being sensitive to the hidden pain that many people carry. Living with depression and anxiety, I always was careful of what I said, but going through loss and IF added a whole new dimension. I plan on opening up via social media in October for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in 1/19 & at 5 weeks in 8/19

Doing pretty well...finished Prometrium last Thursday, so just waiting for AF so we can get this show on the road! I’m feeling optimistic & excited to hopefully start trying again (as long as all is good with the SHG)! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Just waiting on karyotyping results...hoping to get them in the next week or so. Will schedule SHG soon hopefully!

I’m more of a pumpkin than apple girl! Give me pumpkin bread/muffins any day! I do like PSL’s too, but I’m good with just a few each year and then I’ve had my fill.

@nytino24 so sorry for the unexpected triggers!! 💜 Yay for ovulating!! Hope you got good results!! Saw them on IF thread, but don’t really know how to interpret the numbers. 

@hanshotfirst77 sorry AF is so brutal!! Hope you are feeling much better today! Glad you got your saline scheduled!! Oh, I’ve had apple donuts from an orchard before...they are so good!! 

@litigatorgal oh, hot chocolate is always a good option! Hope your trial is going well! 

@tyrion_ sorry for all the feelings right now!! Sending hugs!! 💜 Hope you are feeling better today! I second what you said...I hate that any of us have to be here, but I’m so thankful for you all...because you get it! 

@emeraldduchess so sorry your escape was triggering...that definitely stinks!! Sending hugs! 💜 Also sorry you are dreading betas..I’ve still got a good feeling and my fingers crossed for you!! 

• @bluetickgal hope the karyotyping results are good!

@nytino24  Your comments really resonated with me.  I see you.  

@hanshotfirst77  how was the saline?  

@tyrion_ I'm grateful for you, too

@emeraldduchess it's the pits when you look forward to an escape and it's... not what you need.  Blerg. 

I'm on a one-day trial break to mediate a totally different case and hopefully avoid a trial in October.  I'll drive back down to our trial city tonight after work.  Gotta get me some hot chocolate and download some podcasts for the trip!

• We got the karyotyping results in our patient portal for me and DH, and it says no abnormalities! So happy about that, especially since that’s not something we could fix! Now we just have to get the SHG done and see if there is anything going on there! Hope you all are having a great week!! 
  • @bluetickgal Yay for good results! Do you know how soon you can schedule your SHG? 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited September 2019
    @hanshotfirst77 thanks!! Not sure, still waiting for AF to show...it’s been 7 days since the Prometrium, so I’m hoping any day now and then I can call to schedule. Hope your saline goes well tomorrow! That’s so exciting about your embryos and having a transfer date set!! ☺️☺️☺️ I’ve been awful about keeping up with IF thread this week, I got overwhelmed and didn’t feel like I could post & catch up, so I’ve just been loving things instead! 

*Edited to add more words/clarification.

Two CPs Nov. 2018 and July 2019

Have no idea what my body is doing. AF started on day 22 but was so light I wasn't sure if it was happening or not. It normally starts on day 24-28, but I was travelling so thought maybe that was why things were different. My period app is now messed up and I have no idea when to expect O. Holidays messed up my sleep. Haven't been able to temp consistantly and am a little frustrated this cycle is being wasted.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?Not yet. 

Pumpkin everything! As long as its made correctly.

Will come back in a bit to tag. Still getting things unpacked from my trip and trying to get back into the normal.

• @bluetickgal I get you, it is so hard sometimes to keep up. I can't handle the dailies after going through all the IF/RPL etc so I stick to TTCAL and IF threads and some of the GTKY stuff but even that can be hard to keep up some days.

I hope AF comes soon for you so you can get the SHG done! Thank you I am excited to move forward. I'm slightly worried my SHG will be abnormal though. I had one done prior to my egg retrieval and my RE thinks something may have been off. Retained tissue or a polyp or something. So he had me proceed with the IVF but wont let me transfer until we check it out again. So I am so hoping that it all looks normal tomorrow!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @bluetickgal good news!
    @ottergirl81 Do you temp? That can help, but things can be off AL.

I was doing pretty well focusing on the now, but seeing checkins here and bumps / US announcements from people IRL with similar or later due dates that show gender, names, etc. have been a bit jarring this week. It’s not jealousy about actual babies, but more when people seem to have no fear about the future and seem to be able to take it for granted (for lack of a better term) that their pregnancy will continue. I never want others to know what it’s like to struggle to get / stay pregnant and have a loss or deal with the emotions of being PGAL and I guess I’m mourning that I’ll never have a peaceful pregnancy. 

• @NYTino24 so many hugs. 💜 I get what you mean. 
    AFM I am dreading my betas tomorrow. I just don't want to put myself through another blood draw and another phone call telling me it's another BFN. I miss a year ago, before my losses and IF testing, when I was excited to test. 
  • @NYTino24 I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way. I will never be able to just be happy about a bfp or pregnancy right away or probably at all in first tri. It kind of irks me too when I see people just instantly thinking the bfp is all that is needed for a THB (not so much here but IRL) and in most cases I guess it is. But that certainly has not been my experience. Hugs friend ❤️

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @ottergirl81 hope you had a good holiday/vacation!! Sorry your cycle is being confusing! Hope you get some clarity soon! Yay for all things pumpkin! ☺️

@hanshotfirst77 I can totally understand that! I’ve tried to keep up with the dailies, but it’s a bit hard...especially having been benched. Thanks!! Fingers crossed & sending positive vibes that all is well with your SHG!! I’m sure that is nerve-wracking, but hopefully what they saw before was nothing and you'll get that confirmation tomorrow! 

@NYTino24 thanks! Sending hugs!! 💜 I’ve thought about that too...I think it’ll be hard to relax at any point in pregnancy in the future! I wish I could have a carefree/peaceful pregnancy, but that ship has sailed! Fingers crossed none of us have to experience any further losses though and we will all have healthy pregnancies/THB’s before long!! 

@emeraldduchess sending hugs and positive vibes for your betas tomorrow!! 💜

• @hanshotfirst77 I was so happy to see you had two good embryos. I’m hoping with everything in me that your SHG comes back normal and you can move forward with IVF. When is it happening? 

@nytino24 Sending big creepy internet hugs to you. I’m so sorry you’re having these feelings and even more sorry you’ve had to endure what you have to have gotten here. 

@emeraldduchess I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. I wish we could all go back to ignorance is bliss. I really hope things turn out different than you’re expecting tomorrow 💗

• @emeraldduchess You’re on my mind this afternoon. Whichever way this goes we are here in whatever capacity you need 💗 big hugs! 
  • @tyrion_ thank you so much. 💚 The results weren't the good news I was hoping for. I left a voicemail with the RE getting the ball rolling on IUI, but I also realize now that I desperately need a break from this rollercoaster. I think I am too close to my personal breaking point so I am going to attempt to take a short Bump break, figure out what I really want to do next and what's best for me and DH. 
    You ladies are the best. 💚 you all. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited September 2019

• Hi all! Sorry I didn't come back to tag anyone from the other day or even now. Life is happening.
    Have a great weekend, I will be back soon!
  • Went out to dinner last night for SIL #3’s birthday. DH clinked glass to toast to her, but SIL #1 said, “Oh, I thought you had an announcement!” What, that you knew I miscarried and just stopped bleeding 8 days ago, but somehow I could have an announcement? Ummmm yeah I was tired and crabby then, but it put me over the edge. I really do love her, but a crowded restaurant was not the time or place for that. Plus, what kind of person would announce something like that at their sibling’s birthday dinner?!

• @NYTino24 WTF. I’d be furious. I really hope and wish the people in your life put their sensitivity hats on because I feel like you keep getting these terrible triggers/comments hurled at you. I’m so sorry.