April 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight- Strollers

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Strollers!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For STMs....
What strollers did you use last time? What did you like or not like about it?
Are you considering a different one this time?
For FTMs....
Any strollers you're interested in?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Car Seats
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight- Strollers

• I have the Chicco Bravo Trio travel system. I highly reccomend a travel system. That way, we got the stroller and infant car seat at the same time. Can use the stroller from day one since the car seat hooks into the stroller. Folds up real easily, too.
    DH also got a jogging stroller. I don't think it was necessary. It is nice to keep a stroller in each car, though.
    My son will be 2.75 when this one is born, so I'm hoping to get away without needing a double stroller. Hoping he's cool with walking or I can babywear.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When we got pregnant with DD2 Babies R Us was going out of business and we upgraded from our first travel system to a Baby Trend travel system that has a jogging stroller.  I definitely prefer it to the regular stroller, I feel like the three wheel setup makes it much easier to maneuver vs the four wheel regular stroller. 

@Kathryn0903 DD1 and DD2 have exactly the same age gap as your's will have.  I know it depends on the particular kid but by the time DD2 was born DD1 had no interest in the stroller.  This time around they will only be 19 months apart and I'm nervous about not having a double stroller.  About a year ago my SIL was getting rid of her BOB double stroller and now I wish we took it!      
  • Loading the player...
  • @KFrob that makes me feel better. We have 2 strollers, so we could always go that route when needed. I'm not about buying a double stroller to use for only a few months, especially since this one may be my last.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our first stroller was a used Phil & Ted's Explorer that was ok for walking around the neighborhood but not great for running. We bought a BOB revolution when it went on sale and I looooove it! DS and I have run/walked many miles together with that stroller. We also bought a basic umbrella stroller for when we're going places with crowds. I'm planning to get an adapter for the car seat to use with the BOB and I'm also thinking about getting a frame stroller to put the car seat into. I didn't use one with DS because I only ever took him places that had shopping carts, but I think it might be a good idea since we'll be juggling 2 kids this time.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • We only have one kid and no one runs in this fam, so the Graco Modes worked so well for us. I love everything about it. Handles easily, not heavy, the seat goes from a bassinet all the way to toddler, seat easily flips from parent-facing to forward-facing, 4 cupholders too!
    All my mom friends have the Uppa Baby system, but I much prefer our Graco. Not only do they have to buy all the parts separately, they have to remove the seat to collapse it for the car. Seems like a giant (and expensive) pain in the butt. 

We didn't get a travel system because we skipped the infant car seat and started with a convertible, but if you want an infant seat, I'm sure travel systems are the way to go.

We're looking at double strollers so I'm interested in what others have! I'm on the fence between mountain Buggy duet and bugaboo donkey. If anyone has one what do you like/disklike? 
  • We have three strollers hahaha

Our all purpose stroller is the City Select Jogger and I LOVE it. Bigger cost up front but it grows with each additional kid. DS won’t sit anymore so he has the glider board. DD still sits and this baby will either ride in the car seat or bassinet until moving to the second seat. 

We also have the Joovy single and double lightweight stroller. Perfect for travel, small outings, etc. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• We have Graco Click Connect strollers: a jogger and a lighter weight one, more like an umbrella. They worked with our car seat carrier. We gave the smaller stroller to SIL when my niece was born. Trying to figure out if we can make do with just the jogger this time or if we need to ask for it back/get a new one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Oh! I wanted to add...

As an umbrella we have the gb pockit. It really does fold up so small we can fit it into a backpack. We use it for traveling and the mall and such. The security guards at Disney world were all so surprised we had a stroller in our backpack!
  • We didn't use a stroller for a while, since we live in the country with few sidewalks. Just used carriers for a long time, but we did get a used Bob Revolution jogging stroller to cart him around the farm by 6 months old.

Then later we got a lighter one, I think it's Summer Infant.
  • With my first I had a baby jogger city mini and loved it. I had the britax infant seat attachment to pop the car seat in and out. With our second we got the baby jogger city select so we could have two seats. I was happy with it but my oldest doesn’t want to sit in the stroller anymore and I find myself wanting my single one instead. We don’t need to get a different stroller this time around. I never had an umbrella stroller. I prefer baby wearing. 
  • We have the City Select by Baby Jogger. I absolutely love it! We went with it originally, because we always planned to have two kids and liked that it turns into a double if you buy the extra seat. We have the car seat and bassinet attachments as well. It has been incredibly durable and I like how big the tires are to push through snow. My only complaint is that it is a bit heavy, but still manageable. We’ve been very happy with it and plan to buy the glider board attachment for DD to use. It’s been well worth the investment and still in great shape after 3 years.

We got a Baby Trend jogger off of a BST group for DH to use and it was in great shape for $50. He only uses it for runs and hikes.

For an umbrella, we have one by Summer Infant and it has been great for travel in the toddler years. Light weight, compact and comfortable for DD.
  • We got the city select lux for our first, so just plan to get the bassinet for baby and once they need to be in a seat, either get a second seat, or ours also has a bench seat for bigger kids. Also have the summer infant 3d lite for more short outings
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • We have the Uppa Baby Vista - loved it for the first baby.  The bassinet was great to have for the stroller, and inside the house on a stand on the main floor.  We have the Mesa car seat so it's very easy to go from car to stroller frame without any adaptors.  Basket in the bottom is huge - which is great, especially when you have jackets, a baby bag and shopping bags to lug around.   

We will get the adaptors and rumble seat to convert it into a double stroller for the new baby + toddler.