May 2020 Moms

Hiding Pregnancy from Husband!

mikayla238mikayla238 member
edited September 2019 in May 2020 Moms
So this is our third baby, we have 2 boys, ages 3 and 1. We were planning to start trying for our third around October, but I found out this morning that baby #3 will be coming a little sooner than we planned! Anyway, I really want to make this announcement special as it *may* be our last (still trying to decide if we want 3 or 4). I purchased the Sneak Peek test in hopes to find out the gender early (I know this isn't 100%, but after doing extensive research, seems to be the best option, outside of the doctors office, to find out early). I really really want to announce the pregnancy and the gender to him at the same time, and if I am correct on my due date (May 12, 2020) that's a little far out.. Am I crazy? Should I just tell him or try to wait it out until I get the results? (I have to wait until at least 8 weeks to test, and then it takes another 5-7 days for the results). 

Re: Hiding Pregnancy from Husband!

• Personally, I can't keep secrets from my husband to save my life, and I know he would be pissed if I kept a pregnancy secret from him for any amount of time. I also know it was a lot of fun and an emotional experience to find out our DD's gender together at our 20-week US. If it were me, I would just tell him, but you also know your husband and your marriage better than anyone else does.
  • ^^^^wss

I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret either, and my H wouldn't be happy if I hid it for another 4 weeks. Good luck with whatever you decide
  • Loading the player...
  • soprano19 said:
    Personally, I can't keep secrets from my husband to save my life, and I know he would be pissed if I kept a pregnancy secret from him for any amount of time. I also know it was a lot of fun and an emotional experience to find out our DD's gender together at our 20-week US. If it were me, I would just tell him, but you also know your husband and your marriage better than anyone else does.
    That's my biggest thing. I don't think I would be able to keep it a secret for so long.. I'm thinking maybe doing this kind of announcement with our parents might be better.  
  • Hi @mikayla238!  Thanks for introducing yourself on the Introduction post!  We try not to do one-off posts here, since with so many of us, it makes it really difficult to follow along with each other that way.  We have an ongoing thread now called "How and When to let the cat out of the bag" where this would fit perfectly.  If you don't see a thread about a topic you would like to discuss, feel free to start one, but try to do it in a way that everyone can participate, and not only about your own specific situation.  Here is a good example from the April BMB:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12745827/pregnancy-announce@mikayla238

Thanks for helping us keep the board organized so everyone can more easily participate!  :)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• I say do what makes you happy and what feels right. You know your husband and marriage best ;)
  • @mikayla238 I actually got a kick out of this post! I can’t hide a snickers from my husband without him finding out, you want to hide a baby? 😂
    If this is your last one, then I say do whatever you want, make it memorable. Although I have to say, I am 💯 curious to see if you really will be able to hide it without him knowing. For 8 weeks? Girl don’t you get sick? No wine? Margaritas? Beer? For 8 weeks and he’s not going to ask any questions? 
  • shanana_3 said:
    @mikayla238 I actually got a kick out of this post! I can’t hide a snickers from my husband without him finding out, you want to hide a baby? 😂
    If this is your last one, then I say do whatever you want, make it memorable. Although I have to say, I am 💯 curious to see if you really will be able to hide it without him knowing. For 8 weeks? Girl don’t you get sick? No wine? Margaritas? Beer? For 8 weeks and he’s not going to ask any questions? 
    Lol. No I don't get sick, I have really easy pregnancies (hopefully this one will be the same) didn't get sick at all with my 2 others. I also don't drink, at all so he wouldn't notice. He's also very oblivious, I honestly think if anything, he'd wonder because of mood swings or if I start showing (I started showing really early with my other 2).  
  • @mikayla238 *low key jealous of the no sick pregnancies* haha ok let us know if you are able to pull it off 😉🤫🤭🤐
  • It's a personal decision.  If you remain symptomless and think you can get away with it, go for it.  You know your husband and would know if the "secret" would upset him.  
  • @mikayla238 I need to know how this is going. Clearly pregnant strangers are now invested in your life.
  • @TattoosandLace well she hasn’t been on since 2 October so maybe she will check in soon. I’m also curious