December 2019 Moms

Re: UO 09/12

• Options
    I'm not a fan of dry shampoo. I like it in theory, and I've tried a few different highly-recommended brands, but it just doesn't work for my hair. 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea Agree. I want to love it. But they all smell funny to me. Super chemically.  

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea i'm a dark haired gal too and it took me AGES to find one that didnt leave me all chalky and gross. I swear by Klorane, and @McKBaby no weird scent, b/c its basically scent free. 

https://www.kloraneusa.com/dry-shampoo/dry-shampoo-with-oat-milk-natural-tint
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea & @anniemarie887  I just started using the Klorane one! I’m like so so on dry shampoo, but I’m for sure too lazy to do my hair every day, so I suck it up. I also think when I first spray it on before it absorbs is like a nice way to see what I’ll look like when I start going really grey! 😂 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I was actually thinking about asking this morning what brands people use! I bought some from Ulta and haven't been impressed with it. I used to make my own but I've been lazy the last 5 months or so. 
  • Options
    @capricaandrea I haven’t found any that work well with my hair either. Thankfully this pregnancy I only need to wash my hair once or twice a week, and that’s just because DH tells me it’s too dirty to go any longer w out washing haha. 

My unpopular opinion is I’m so that person that decorates for Christmas before Thanksgiving. My Christmas pictures get taken the first week of November and my cards get sent out the week before Thanksgiving every year. My development association has also sent me a warning letter because I had frosty outside in March. In my defense on that one it was still snowing so I figured it was appropriate for him to stay outside. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation, @anniemarie887.  I tried Batiste because several of my light haired friends raved about it, but even after I rubbed it in, it left a visible white powder on my dark hair, which was not cute at all.  I like the concept so I may have to try again with your brand.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 make sure you try the klorane with natural tint. I will say, I spray, let it sit for a minute or longer, and then essentially dry blow dry to like real work it in. The dry blow dry isn’t required, but I think it absorbs better that way. 

@ashorkey @lucylivesinwa it sucks Bc it’s not cheap, I have yet to find a cheap one that works on dark hair. Just too much residue. 
  • Options
    My UO is I don’t get the Avengers movies. MH paid for the most recent one on demand and I’m sitting here just thinking “this is so dumb”
  • Options
    @ale9687 I start Christmas music the first of November. I also keep my snowman decor out until March be bc it’s still winter and that’s normal?
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 did you get the tinted batiste? They have one specifically for dark hair and I think it’s amazing. It’s in a brown can. 
  • Options
    @jstinkz ooh, I didn't know that was a thing!  I'm excited because now I have options!  
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 LOL same. Any marvel movie I’m just like: adults watch this??? 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 and @ktmaesim both of our boys have super hero themed rooms. I'm not normally a super hero fanatic but I really like the Marvel movies lol
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @Stac928 so i can get down with some of the individual ones - iron man, spider man, etc - but i just don't get the avengers ensemble cast thing. and i'll say when they start making 3rd and 4th of things it just feels like a $$$ thing not a creativity one.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 @Stac928 I’m stuck somewhere in the middle on this one, too!  My husband is an artist, actually still aspiring to publish his own comic books, and knows a ton about the comic book universe, so it’s kind of cool, but on the other side, I haven’t been reading these things since I was 5, so I’m kinda lost on the subject matter, especially of the group movies like Avengers and Suicide Squad.  It’s tough- I like the concept, but I don’t have time to research what the heck I’m watching!!
  • Options
    @cpk3535 that's awesome about your husband - and yes, i know what you mean... i legit said to my husband "wait what super hero is jeremy renner?!" 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I think that is actually some of the reason I like it too.  My husband is super into it.  He was a very anxious kid who isolated himself a lot.  He loves fantasy, it was his escape.  He can talk forever about these universes (Marvel, Harry Potter, and others I can't even remember).  A lot of the fantasy I haven't been able to get into, some are just too much for me.  But Harry Potter and the super heroes, especially the Marvel movies, I've been able to follow. It's so fun to watch him get super excited about it and ramble and tell me all the things about the universe that I'm missing.  I think it's almost vicarious enjoyment...he loves it so much and wants to share it so much that I can't help but find enjoyment.  I just kind of accept that there are nuances I'm missing and enjoy the rest, and enjoy his love of it. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    I don't enjoy superhero stuff at all,  my partner just watches it on his own while I take the evening to read a book.  We're both happy. 
  • Options
    I've tried dry shampoo (Batiste) and I had an allergic reaction to it all over my scalp...I've been too afraid to try any other brands. 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 that's horrible!! Have you tried making your own? You can do it with just corn starch and and cocoa powder and then if you want to add in essential oils for scent you can. it's super easy, I've just been too lazy to actually mix a new batch together.