April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms Week of 9/9

What's going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms Week of 9/9

• My best friend was due on 9/1. She is still pregnant. I really feel for her. She said that her mom told her she was born 10 days late, so her daughter seems to be as stubborn as she was. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 A woman I know just had her baby and she was over 43 weeks!! I just can’t...
  • Loading the player...
  • @ruby_love With my first, my OB scheduled induction for 41 weeks, but I had the baby before that. I’m surprised they let that woman go that long. My friend is meeting with her midwife tomorrow and she expects a conversation about induction (which she doesn’t want to do).

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Just found out our work is cutting some positions.  1 person on my team let go.  Haven’t heard confirmation from my boss about mine but it is unlikely they’ll cut more than 1 on a team.  Still would like to have the confirmation...  I hate when these things come around.  
  • ruby_love said:
    @mercury94 A woman I know just had her baby and she was over 43 weeks!! I just can’t...
    That can be very dangerous 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @mercury94 @rmarble23 This was her third and they monitored her a lot. Fluid was good and baby was fine but she ended up with a csection anyway. Poor thing. 
  • @mandarenee898 That’s too bad! Never a nice feeling. 
  • Spent the night at my parents motorhome last night and did not sleep well at all. The new puppy was up whining a couple of times, I had to pee in the middle of the night and it woke up DS, and then another dog was sick at 6 30 this morning which woke DS up again and he wouldn't go back to sleep after that.
    DS napped this AM but no chance for either of us to have an afternoon nap. I was offered to sleep over again since they're leaving pretty early to get to Hopewell Rocks, but I said I'm going home to get some sleep and I'll come back tomorrow lol. Just curling into bed now and checking in here. DS is already passed out.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @drkoyya yes! So tired. Napping when and going to bed at 9 pm every night. I feel bad for DH. I'm no fun right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I half joking asked DH if he's still going to love me since I'm no fun and such a shell of myself right now
  • @mandarenee898 Glad you weren't directly affected, but it stinks to go through that as a company or department. 
  • @aresee it does stink.  I’ve been on the other side at my previous job when they got rid of my department and it is not a good feeling.  I just pray for those that were let go that they find something soon and that they like better.

@Kathryn0903 and @KFrob I am right there with you!  I can’t take naps during the day so I end up getting into bed by 9.  DH has also joked that I don’t have my normal sense of humor lately - which I attribute to being so tired I’m not picking up on jokes like I normally do! So, I go to bed early and then the dog begs DH to be let in the bedroom so he can lay on the floor next to me until DH comes to bed. That is our life in the first trimester.  😂
  • This heat is just awful. I really really need fall weather to get here because just going outside is miserable. None of my shorts fit me either so all I have are black leggings and they are just too hot!
  • @mercury94 thanks for the tip!
  • My office is changing from our old mail host to Google Suite and they're switching me today. It's a complete nightmare, my e-mail is completely disorganized now, and I was already incredibly behind on work this week. I just closed the door to my office to cry because I just cannot right now.
  • @aresee I'm sorry you're feeling stressed and terrible. Just breathe in relax, and do what you can today, and you will be okay. It will be okay.
  • Thanks, @sanpelligrino. <3 It's definitely one of those things that I know in my head isn't a big deal in the longterm, but was just the last thing I needed this week. Hoping for a good night sleep tonight to help reset my brain. 
  • And a co-worker just looked at me and asked if I was pregnant. So, that’s already happening. I’ll be 10 weeks tomorrow. It’s so crazy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 a coworker figured it out by seeing me sucking on preggie pops. She didn't know that's what they were, but I guess my mannerisms gave me away
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 @mercury94
    I’ve been worried about this! I’m 8 weeks, 2 days and my first prenatal appointment is Monday. Part of me REALLY wants to tell my coworkers after the appointment, but I know I should wait until the 2nd trimester. I’m a faculty member at a University and we’re already planning for the next semester. I feel like I’m being dishonest by not revealing I’m pregnant. Plus, I’m already struggling to mask my exhaustion and my blump. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya I'm adjunct faculty at a college. I'm hoping I can hide this from most people till class assignments for spring go out. The longer till they go out, the harder it's gonna be to hide....
    BabyFruit Ticker