Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in Week of 9/9

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants:

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have another career, different from the one you have now, what would you do?

Re: Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in Week of 9/9

• Lookit me, doing stuff on time!

EDD/W+D: 4/6, 10 weeks even.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out with M21 in a week or so.

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout?  I think?  I'm so bad at this.

Upcoming Appointments: 9/16 for M21 bloodwork; 9/24 for US to check on corpus luteum cyst (and baby, of course).

How are you feeling? Been more down than up, but I actually ate dinner tonight, which is a huge positive.  I've been experiencing a little cramping on my right side, which is where the cyst is, so the doc told me to expect it.  Nothing too bad - just a bit uncomfortable.  My skin is finally clearing up!  Hoping the nausea reels it in soon.  And I'm EXHAUSTED 100% of the time.

Raves/Rants: I haaaaaaate how much I'm sleeping.  Literally 10 hours a night and 2- or 3-hour naps every day on the weekend.  I literally do not have time to sleep any more than this, and yet I'm completely wiped out.  I was on summer break for my entire first tri when I was pregnant with my son, and I knew this time would be harder, but lawd, can a girl catch a break.

Questions: I never have anything to put here.

GTKY: If you could have another career, different from the one you have now, what would you do? I'm an English teacher, but I'm super passionate about politics, particularly issues related to equity and social justice.  I generally assume that someday I will go down that path.  I always said I have too many ex boyfriends to run for political office, but they'll let any asshole be president these days, so who knows.

• EDD/W+D: 4/8- 9w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap 

Upcoming Appointments: October 2 is my next one with the midwife. Not sure what it consists of. 

How are you feeling? I feel lucky. I’m still feeling good physically. Appetite is good. I do get my mood swings (my poor husband). I was having more breakouts, but hopefully those are going away. My boobs still hurt. Not really pregnancy related, but I woke up with a stiff neck this weekend and was having trouble getting comfortable at night from that and my sore boobs. 

Raves/Rants: I have a really tough week ahead at work and I am not looking forward to how tired I am going to be by the end of the week! 

Questions: When do you all plan on telling your coworkers or boss that you’re pregnant? Have you told them already? 

GTKY: If you could have another career, different from the one you have now, what would you do?
    That’s tough. I’m a physical therapist and I really like what I do most of the time. Maybe a professor teaching physical therapy at a college or maybe a travel blogger, like one who get paid to take vacations. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyrummom I haven’t told work yet. In an ideal world I’d wait until I have the results of my NIPT back but I have an all office happy hour on the 16th and think I’ll just say it when everyone asks why I’m not drinking. I’ll be 11 weeks 5 days by then. For me it seems more fun to do it casually like that versus having a formal sit down chat with my boss. 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/30 (don't kick me out, I wanna stay!) 11 weeks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out, then doing a gender reveal. I'm thinking at the end of October with a Halloween theme.

Baby is the size of a(n): lime (wow!)

Upcoming Appointments: 9/25 for NT scan

How are you feeling? Nausea and fatigue improving, but still there. Blump/bump starting to pop. Starting with some leg cramps here and there. 

Raves/Rants: Bought some new maternity clothes online today. I can't wait to put them on and be comfy and cozy this fall and winter.

Questions: none

GTKY: If you could have another career, different from the one you have now, what would you do? I'm a nurse now, and I have always loved science. It would be awesome to work in some sort of research lab. That would be my dream. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/W+D: April 6th (so my doctor actually says the 8th from his calculations buttt I’m almost positive on the day I ovulated and then conceived the next day! Lol but whatever I also like my date because it means I’m further along! 😂) So 10 wks today! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out (probably) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: I thought I was getting an ultrasound soon but I just got the appointment and it’s not till November so I’ll be 19 wks and that will be my first official u/s. I had a quick one done by my doctor so I know there is a heartbeat. 

How are you feeling? Basically the same as last week. Nauseous off and on, major food aversions, super tired. Hardly a functioning human. 

Raves/Rants: I’m going out of town right away for a week for a wedding and I’m not looking forward to it at all. We are staying with family and with my fatigue and nausea I just would rather be at home. The plus side is I have 2 weeks off work.  

Questions: @babyrummom I’ve been slowly telling coworkers that I’m close to. Haven’t told my boss yet. 

I have no idea actually! I’m a nurse.. so probably something that is regular Monday- Friday hours and weekends off. However it is nice to have weekdays off sometimes!! I do like my job for the most part but the weird hours are tough. 
  • @kath1414 I thought my due date was the 6th based on my ovulation test strips too, but my ultrasound showed the 8th! 

• EDD/W+D: April 8 | 10 weeks today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 💚 green

Baby is the size of a(n): One app says prune haha 

Upcoming Appointments: Probably 2 more weeks 

How are you feeling? I’ve been sleeping soo deep and I’m very thankful for that. I actually have a tiny bit more energy too. 

Raves/Rants: It’s still so hot in the south! Would love it to cool off just a little bit. 

Questions: Anyone else see a bump when you’re laying down?? My uterus has totally popped from under my pelvis! I love that. 

I’m a SAHM and I love that so definitely wouldn’t want to change or go back to work. I did go to school for nursing (lots of nurses in our group!) but
    switched to acting because I loved it so much. 
    If I didn’t have children I would probably be in a professional theater. 😊 
  • EDD/W+D: April 2 / 11weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:
    We found out this morning - it’s a girl! I am over the moon. 💕

Baby is the size of a(n): profiterole 

Upcoming Appointments: 12 wk and NT scan on the 20th

How are you feeling? Still tired, bloated, and terrible acne. But emotionally feeling really happy and peaceful. 

Raves/Rants: I’m a bridesmaid in a wedding in May 2020 and the bride has scheduled a 4-day bachelor/bachelorette extravaganza starting two days after my due date. I nicely explained that I can’t commit to the event but she seems upset at me. 

Questions: do we actually have to stop sleeping on our backs right away at 12 weeks? Or is there some way to gauge it by size / weight gain?

GTKY: Alt career - Duchess of Cambridge! Hah, even though I love my job in architecture I have so many interests — set designer, painter, magazine art director, journalist w/ focus on architecture — I wish I could try everything for a few years each. 
  • babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited September 2019
    @independentgeorge I think it is 20 weeks that you are supposed to stop sleeping on your back. 

@ruby_love I feel like I’m having more of a little bump popping especially later in the day. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 1st, 11 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out. Currently anxiously awaiting the call the the Harmony results!

Baby is the size of a(n): brussel sprout or lime

Upcoming Appointments: the 19th for NT ultrasound and 12w appointment with my midwife

How are you feeling? I was feeling much better until last night. Nausea is more intermittent now than it was, thank goodness. I have slightly more energy too. Insomnia sucks, especially since my 23 month old DD is not sleeping well since she got a toddler bed.

Raves/Rants: Same as above, this toddler may be the death of me if she doesn't go back to sleeping soon. 

Questions: is there going to be a gender thread? I saw one mom already found out and I'd love to see what everyone is having once they find out! Congratulations @independentgeorge! Girls are such fun!

GTKY: If you could have another career, different from the one you have now, what would you do? I have no idea. I'm a nurse and I love it but maybe if I had known I loved working in medicine sooner I'd have loved to go to med school. I was working on applying to NP schools when we found out about this pregnancy so maybe one day I'll have time to go back.
  • Congrats, @independentgeorge !! 💕 

@mwill291 That would be fun to get an idea of what everyone is having! 🤗
  • EDD/W+D: april 6th/ 10 weeks 3 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): a golden snitch

Upcoming Appointments: waiting for my first midwife appt on september 17

How are you feeling? Pretty good mostly hungry compared to my last 2 pregnancy amazing. 

Raves/Rants: caught my first cold and my body feels like crap :(

Questions: 

I'm a stay a home mom and barn manager, I enjoy them both. I wouldn't change but wish I stuck with my first career love when I was deciding about college and went for cooking. I want to start up with my love of cooking soon again. Maybe sell meals to people as well as canned products ect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @kerriann0o114 I'm hoping to go for a 3d ultrasound early for gender assessment so we can do gender reveal for Halloween as well
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • EDD/W+D: April 2 / 11wks today 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming Appointments: Just had OB appt + first trimester blood work yesterday. NT scan on 9/17.

How are you feeling? Nausea, vomiting, reflux, dizzy, sneezy, sleepy and all the rest of the 7 dwarves. My doctor recommended meds 2 weeks ago but I foolishly declined. Guess who is SO EXCITED to pick up her Diclegis prescription today 🙋‍♀️

Raves/Rants: after my NT scan on 9/17 my next appt isn’t until 10/9. They can’t possibly make me wait 3+ weeks to get the results... CAN THEY?! Gender reveal included. So far I adore my doctor so I’m thinking not, but they don’t exactly pass on these types of results over the phone, do they?!

Questions: See above rant ⬆️

GTKY: If you could have another career, different from the one you have now, what would you do? Probably something with travel as well. I love people watching and find human nature & resourcefulness such an interesting topic. My current job is very analytical and involves a lot of math and tech process which I do love as well! Hard to check all of the boxes.
  • @liligirl87 my clinic provided my NIPT results and gender reveal over the phone. I was even able to authorize them to leave it via voicemail. You can ask at your appointment if they’re able to do this. 
  • @independentgeorge that would be great! I’ll definitely ask then. My whole family is getting together the weekend before my appt so it would be nice to have the news. Thanks!
  • Anyone else have a really hard time the first couple days of their 10th week? I thought I would slowly be getting better but yesterday and especially today I am sooo sick, EXHAUSTED, and have a migraine. 🙇🏼‍♀️ 
  • Sincera4Sincera4 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: April 3 10w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out. 

Upcoming Appointments:  I had one Wednesday and my next is Oct 9. 

How are you feeling? Like poop.  So much nausea all day. And tired so tired. 

Raves/Rants: I lost a pregnancy in June so everything is going great so far.  I was never this nauseous with my boys so the consensus is girl.  Lol. 

Questions: Anyone not doing any of the genetic testing?  We aren’t mostly because of $ but also it doesn’t matter to us.  If there are any “problems” we assume they will come up at the anatomy scan.  

I’m a music teacher I would either teach SPED or social studies.  I would also love to teach new teachers pedogogy and classroom management.  I love curriculum.  I’m a nerd yes. 

Outise se of teaching maybe something Technology focused: Graphic/web page design or something like that.

I would love to work with animals or anthropology/cultures  too. Lol.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Sincera4 lurking from group 2. I don't plan on doing any genetic testing. Don't want to spend the $(I know companies will work with you for cheaper prices) and finding any issues now vs at the anatomy scan won't change anything for us. I didn't do anything testing last pregnancy either.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sincera4 I’m not planning on doing any genetic testing. My doctor’s office seems to be more minimalist on the testing. I just had a dating ultrasound and will have a 20 week anatomy scan and that’s it! I’m not considered high risk, so I don’t see the need, if insurance doesn’t pay for it. 
  • @babyrummom and @Kathryn0903 - I didn’t do it with my other pregnancies either but I’m “older,” 37, (sometimes considered high risk) and many people recommend it or told me they  had to do it. 

Thankfully my OB said it’s all optional!  So I’m happy to have her on my side. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sneaking in here at the end of the week!

EDD/W+D: April 7 / 10w+4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Husband wants to know, but we’ll probably keep it to ourselves. 

Upcoming Appointments: September 24 for 12 weeks with OB (first appt was with nurse). 

How are you feeling? Much better this week, though it was a stressful week at work ahead of trying to leave for a long weekend with the hubby.

Raves/Rants: I definitely have less patience these days and want to rant about everything! Anyone else?

Questions: None for now. 

GTKY: I’m an arts administrator, and I suppose I would be performing full-time or maybe I would be a florist. I love arranging flowers, and it is so much fun when I get to do it for work events.