January 2020 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options
    This week it's sausage or chicken with a cheddar cauliflower side dish we just discovered.  And it's amazing! It's not mushy or bland like you might expect. It's got a good crunch and even a little kick.  We're the boring people who eat the same thing all week. ☺️

I could use some help with veggie dishes - either main or side. DD doesn't seem to want to eat meat right now, but is devouring veggies.
  • Options
    @persnickity I'm so stuck with what to give DD she is so picky now and won't really eat what we eat for dinner

Does anyone else have tips for a pick eater 3 year old haha

Tuesday - chicken and soba noodles with some type of salad
    wednesday - tuna pasta probably
    thursday - some pork and rice dish with red peppers / greens
    friday - no idea...

not really an inspiring week haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k are there any food she typically likes? Or is it unpredictable?
  • Options
    I need to order groceries...I think 10 healthy meals, and 2 not (split into two weeks)

NOTE - I always make enough for the next day to have lunch. 

Tonight - BLTs on flatbread with strawberries and peanut butter celery sticks.
    Weds - Probably a slice of pizza at the movies, but a late lunch salad
    Thurs - Slow cooker Mojo Pork. This will end up getting over cooked...but over cooking pork shoulder just means the meat is melt in your mouth...I can do that. (I'll freeze the left overs for mojo carnitas next week)
    Fri - Greek inspired roasted veggies with chicken thighs marinated in lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil
    Sat - Shrimp scampi with zoodles
    Sun - Maybe Flank Steak if SO and I have made up by then, if not...broccoli and beef stir fry with bok choy and hoisin sauce
    Mon - Chicken stir fry with mushrooms, broccoli, and bok choy, but with a spicy base.
  • Options
    I didn't go shopping until at last night so this is our plan for the rest of the week.

Yesterday leftovers
    Today pesto chicken
    Wednesday homemade crunch wraps
    Thursday Falafels
    Friday something.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @persnickity she likes chicken with rice / soup / noodle dishes but the hard part is getting the veggie in there somewhere or even a different protein 
  • Options
    So far this week, on the menu is lentil Dahl and rice, tacos, caprese salad with our garden tomatoes, and BLTS but no planning as to when lol.
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Can you use veggie noodles or pasta made from more veggies? We swap out rice for riced cauliflower in dishes. Would that work?
  • Options
    @persnickity I will definitively try the rice cauliflower, I think that might work! As well as the pasta veggie noodles. I tried the chickpea noodles and they were just too grainy for her