Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 9/11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 9/11

• Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: CD 3,256.7 ...aka CD 32 (but pleeeaaase become CD1 later?!)

Timing: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18

Typical LP length: apparently for fecking ever.

Testing: To be really really REEAAALLY sure, I took my last FRER this AM, and it was a BFN

R/R: I'm going to punch myself in the uterus. I've literally worn pads like 10x expecting AF to show, but nooOOooooo... just all the cramps. ...for real, though, sorry I'm so whiny and impatient. It's just my period is seriously like clockwork. Always. And now I'm like...ok, so am I waiting for a period or are we just totally skipping this one & I'll ovulate again before having a period? (Because that's what FF seems to think.)

CS/Q: Question:
    So, hypothetically, if you do completely skip a period one month, is it possible to ovulate again before your next period? Is it even safe to try that cycle, or will your uterus like...not be prepared? Or the lining will be old so you won't have success? How does this work?

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited September 2019
    @b_1029 actually, I guess I wouldn't be sure if I DID even ovulate this cycle - I wasn't temping til now. And, some strange stuff did go down this cycle - I was on steroids for a little over 2 days of it around ovulation time before side effects made me stop them. Edit to add: I also could've ovulated really late this cycle, and that could be throwing things off. But I don't know, so I'm just curious about missed periods and how it impacts things.

I'm going to Google some more about this... Google so far has basically said "a lot of times, a missed period is because your hormones are out of whack, so your body doesn't get the signal to let go of the lining - so the lining just stays up." So now I'm like "yeah but won't an old lining be unstable for pregnancy?!"

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Month: 4

CD/DPO: 27/10 ish

Timing: 🤷 If O was on its 'normal' time, really good

Typical LP length: 14ish lately

Testing: BFN- CD 25, CD 27

R/R: H is out of work at 11:30 this morning and I have the day off. We are going to have a gym/lunch date. It's raining or I would much rather go for a hike or go kayaking but I'll take it! 

I have all the PMS symptoms (ouch my boobs) and still BFN so I'm assuming I'm out this cycle. I actually feel like AF might show early. 

CS/Q: Nothing to see. But I think I will start temping again next cycle. 

@saladflambe I'm sorry about the long/weird cycle. I could be wrong but I think you can only ovulate once until you have a period again? Fx for AF to show up today. I know how frustrating it is.  I had a 34 day cycle a few months ago and it sucked. 

• @saladflambe oh no! sorry about another CD! I see no reason why steroids couldn’t be the culprit, but I’m curious to know what you find out from your google research. 

@b_1029 ooo I always love some good down time to myself, I hope it makes up for your work week. 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: nah

R/R: not much going on here. My BBT did come in last night! I was so excited to wake up and temp .. I hope it didn’t raise my temp 😂 Even though I have a pretty good feeling this is not the month, I’m actually looking forward to having a new cycle with my thermometer. 

CS/Q: none

• Here's what I've discovered so far from the Google: (This maybe boring AF to some, but I like science...)

1. It's possible to have a period and not have ovulated - -which we all already know

2. The most common cause of a missed period (besides pregnancy) is not having ovulated (y'all also probably already knew that) -- if you don't ovulate, estrogen build-up of lining continues, but without ovulation-associated progesterone, so your hormone levels don't decline, and the lining stays up in your uterus (missed period).

3. Steroids like Cortisone and prednisone 100% can cause you to not ovulate. However, the steroid I took (methylprednisolone or Medrol) is a Glucocorticoid and is sometimes provided daily for four days during a cycle to assist with pre-embryo implantation....and is used heavily in IVF especially after oocyte retrieval! So, color me confused. 

4. NSAIDs can also cause anovulation, and I was taking those pretty heavily too (not realizing) because of the tendonitis in my feet - so that's a possible cause. One study suggested that NSAIDs can cause anovulation after taking them for just 10 days.

5. And, the actual answer to my question seems to be this one: irregular periods/missing periods can cause endometrial hyperplasia - 
    irregular thickening of the endometrium - the endometrial lining becomes too thick (because, of course, the estrogen build-up of the lining continues). And, yes, this can prevent a successful pregnancy.

• @inthewoods23 - Yay! Happy to hear everything went well yesterday! 

@saladflambe - Are you temping to confirm ovulation? I didn't ovulate until CD36 last cycle!

@b_1029 - I secretly love when my husband works overtime and I have the house to myself! 

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 14 / 0

Timing: Fingers crossed perfect! 

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: Holding off until at least the 24th - because I don't want to end up with another false positive (see funny story in yesterdays WTO thread lol) from the trigger.

R/R: IUI done! We had a great sperm motility and 3 follicles so fingers crossed! I'm trying to be positive this cycle, instead of just expecting it to not work. The doctor told me to keep my heart rate under 140 for the next two weeks, and I just paid for a months worth of Pilates :# so I primed a heart rate monitor to see if I can do the classes and keep it under 140 otherwise I need to get a doctors note to put a hold on my membership   

CS/Q:None yet. Forgot to wear my Ava last night..

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited September 2019
    @feather_heather why are you supposed to keep your HR under 140? FX the IUI did the trick! 

@inthewoods23 woohooooo welcome to your final TWW ever!  ETA for #1 at least
    edited September 2019
    @feather_heather no, I didn't temp this past cycle; it's just my cycle has been very very regular (~28-30 days) for literal years...til this one!  :# 

I'm temping now, so I'll know more the next cycle ...whenever that is. My temp has fallen pretty hard the last two mornings in a row, so I'm hoping AF is soon. 

• And every appendage crossed for you @feather_heather :)

• @saladflambe - sorry your ute is tormenting you!  i agree, i don't think it is possible to O without having a period in between, but certainly you could've had an LH surge fake-out.  those suck.  i might've missed it, but are you planning on temping next cycle?
    @b_1029 - so many hugs.  i know a solid 24hrs by myself can do wonders, hope it does for you.
    @SimpleJane hope you can enjoy the day!
    @singing_koala - LOL to new bbt excitement!  
    @inthewoods23 - welcome back!!!  everything crossed for you

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD/DPO: 21/10

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 14d 

Testing: BFN yesterday

R/R: pretty typical day today, nothing too exciting either way.  finally got DH's car out of the shop so super nice to have that taken care of.  in home renovation news, our masons' are flying with our fireplace and it is super, super exciting.  i've got a long weekend ahead and i can't wait

CS/Q: nah

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @b_1029 - I think elevating your heart rate increases your body temp, and high temps are no good for implantation. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited September 2019
    @saladflambe my guess is the steroids and other stuff you mentioned pushed your ovulation later than it typically is. I wouldn’t jump straight to the conclusion of an an-O cycle just because there’s no evidence to back it up. Not saying that’s not a possibility with all the other stuff you posted above. At least next cycle when you start temping, you’ll be able to get a clearer picture of what’s going on

@feather_heather gotcha. I’ve heard either way and it probably differs doctor to doctor. I do CrossFit so my HR is typically super high for at least 20 min a workout and when I asked my doctor if it was ok, she said it was if that’s what my body is used to. Either way- I hope this is your cycle! 

@sevenn sorry for the bfn :( ahhh! Will you share a pic when your fireplace is done? WhAt did it look like before? Sorry if you’ve said all this before
  • @saladflambe - (I need more coffee and just wrote your name as "slambe" and wondered why it didn't come up in the dropdown... :joy:  ) Ugh sorry for the confusion with your cycle! Wait remind me, you weren't on hormonal BC before you started TTGP right? I've also read the thing about NSAIDs, I wonder if that could be it.

@b_1029 - so sorry you're feeling bad and work is being overwhelming! I'm glad you'll have some time to decompress this weekend...I hope you line up some movies or TV to watch/stuff to read/food to eat/friends to see, literally whatever your heart's desire is!!

@SimpleJane - Have a fun gym and lunch date!

@singing_koala - Yay for your BBT!

@inthewoods23 - yay!! Hope you have a good relaxing day! Excited for you to test in a few days!

Month/Cycle: 13/12

CD/DPO: 34/guessing somewhere around 14

Timing: not sure, prob not great!

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: WFAF pretty much...expected today or tomorrow?

R/R: I'm going to a PUPPY YOGA class at an animal shelter after work with a friend!

CS/Q: nope

edited September 2019
    @whitealbum29 nope nothing but condoms for a decade. I'll never know what's caused this particular cycle to be so weird, but I guess it is what it is. I can't control this. I'll just need to find my patience. ...um... puppy yoga sounds amazing... I want to go to puppy yoga...

EDIT: OMG there's puppy yoga near me!!

• @b_1029 yeah it doesn't really matter in the end. I've got no control here - I just gotta wait and find my patience. 

• @sevenn sorry for the BFN :( -- yeah, I'll be temping next cycle -- already started now to get used to it.

Also, sorry for posting 3 separate posts instead of replying to everyone in one place lol. I'm bad at this

• @saladflambe the waiting is definitely the worst part!

• @b_1029 pic in spoiler! It’s an addition, two story wood burning. This pic was before they started building the firebox yesterday. It’s going to be stone exterior! 

They built a 100% stone fireplace off the cabin side earlier this summer 😍😍

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @saladflambe Sooo frustrating!! OMG you should go to puppy yoga! It sounds like they just run around while we do basic yoga poses. I went to a kitten yoga class at a studio a couple months ago and people would just straight up stop practicing in the middle of class to play with the cats.
  • @inthewoods23 - haha yes! I don't think this is going to be my strongest/most focused yoga class ever. :joy:
  • @whitealbum29 any Netflix / Hulu / amazon prime suggestions? (Wow I have too many streaming services) Also...puppy yoga?! That sounds amazingly fun. You should pick up a new friend 😈

@sevenn oh wow that’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! 

@inthewoods23 I’m jealous of your cinnamon roll but I always end up at Great American Cookies instead *drools*
  • *Lurking from WTO* 

@whitealbum29 @inthewoods23 @saladflambe I want to do puppy or kitty yoga soooo badly!!!! MH told me that the shelter we adopted our dog from was having a puppy yoga session, and I was going to go but then he suggested I might not want to do that. Mostly because I had just gotten a BFN and he was afraid I would come home with a second dog! I keep saying no to a second dog because we're so freaking lucky that she is an angel with LOs and if we ever have a LO I would not get that lucky twice. And even he sees the wisdom of that :D 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @b_1029 I don't think we have a cookie place at our mall. There's a cupcake shop, the cinnabon, and auntie Anne's pretzels for yummy treats options. Oh, and a stand for gelato.

I hope I have room for dinner later 😅
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I feel so behind by the end of the day! I can’t really check the threads all day while I’m teaching :( I actually normally check in during lunch at least but two students came to eat lunch with me and I couldn’t say no! My biggest takeaway is... puppy yoga sounds amazing! I NEED to look into this. 

@sevenn that is stunning! Omg. You’ll have to send more pics of the rest at some point!

• omgggg KITTEN yoga!!!
    I'm a cat fanatic :)
    We fostered cats for a local rescue for years. I've been thinking about starting doing that again... 

• @b_1029 - Maybe Fleabag or Catastrophe on Amazon if you haven't seen them? I've been considering rewatching Catastrophe lately so it's on my mind. I haven't watched yet but I've heard Unbelievable is a really good crime show on Netflix with a lot of good actors! It sounds not very lighthearted though...

Sadly AF showed up in the middle of puppy yoga last night so I'm moving over to WTO!
  • Goooood Morning Ladies 😀 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/7

Timing: -5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0, +1

Typical LP Length: 14 

Testing: WFAF (trying to) 

R/R:  Not much exciting on my end. I started up at Tap dance again this Monday for a new year which was fun. Sooo many new people now which makes our group look really large. My work is having our yearly anniversary party for the facility today so it’s been 18 years I think now. So we will have a fun band playing and champagne and cake etc, should be an exciting busy day. 😁🍾🍰

CS/Q: none 

@whitealbum29 sorry for AF showing up. What a way to ruin puppy yoga. FX for you for next cycle.