February 2020 Moms

FTDs!

babybelugacobabybelugaco member
edited September 2019 in February 2020 Moms
I feel like the men in our lives often get overshadowed in pregnancy!

Who all has partner who is a first time dad?

How do they feel about the pregnancy?

What are they looking forward to the most? 

Are they being helpful?

Will the go to your appointments/birthing classes with you?

Do they have any concerns about becoming a father? 

Any words of encouragement you've given to them? 

Re: FTDs!

• Its so cool to see them become dads. Make sure you get some sweet pictures of the baby with them  <3
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @rikiteacup My husband talks to our baby every day too and tells him or her that he loves them. Last night he had this long conversation with it about all the musical instruments it can learn when it is bigger, because it seems to be very into music. It is so sweet! 
  • I just realized I forgot to answer my own questions Haha 

Who all has partner who is a first time dad? Mine is!

How do they feel about the pregnancy?
    Hes not super expressive and didnt have the reaction inhoped for when I told him, but in his words "well it's what we were trying for!" 
    But he's very excited and got teary when I sent him the first ultrasound pictures and when we had our 12 week ultrasound 

What are they looking forward to the most? 
    Having a cute little baby haha
    Also the baby is the first grandchild in his family, so in think he's looking forward to that aspect too

Are they being helpful?
    Definitely. He makes sure I do my walking for the day and taking my medication/vitamins.

Will the go to your appointments/ birthing classes with you?
    I told him he didn't need to come to every appointment except the ultrasounds! 
    And I hope we can find birthing classes that work with his schedule. It would be nice to have him there!

Do they have any concerns about becoming a father? 
    Just the standard providing for baby ones

Any words of encouragement you've given to them? 
    I tell him all the time he's going to be a great dad, and that our cat has been good practice Haha!

@rikiteacup
    My husband said hes going to make sure baby likes metal music and I might wake up with headphones on my belly with some of his music blasting to baby. Haha 
  • @Swiftlet
    same with the tearing up! It's so sweet to hear about everyone's SOs and how excited they are to be fathers. My H is like yours, big ole tough guy exterior but a teddy bear interior. I knew from watching him play with our cat that he's gonna make a great daddy to a human baby lol
  • Who all has partner who is a first time dad? Mine!

How do they feel about the pregnancy? He's so excited and it's super adorable.

What are they looking forward to the most? Probably just being a dad, finally.

Are they being helpful? Yes, he has been great. He's jumping in on the chores that I usually do which is great on my "off days".

Will the go to your appointments/birthing classes with you? Yes, he plans on being a part of it all!

Do they have any concerns about becoming a father? He hasn't shown concern.

Any words of encouragement you've given to them? Not really. He seems quite confident? LOL
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @Swiftlet I had to chuckle over your husband being excited for how big you will get. My husband also likes saying ridiculous things like that. 
  • @mandk1233 right? It’s pretty funny. It doesn’t help that I already feel large, haha.
  • @Swiftlet you and me both, girl, and I am not pregnant with twins. 
  • This was such a cute thread idea :) 

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• DH is such a cute guy. I was telling him my SIL posted a video of her singing "You are my sunshine" to my 3 year old nephew like she's the only person who's ever sang it. 
    He responded by saying he had been listening to some Ukrainian music and lullabies he's looking forward to singing to baby. My heart melted!