May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• Sorry for my ignorance, but what is RLP? LoL
  • @smashley09 Round ligament pain, it kind of feels like pulling a muscle in your stomach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, ya. I get that too! With sneezing. And my allergies are rampant right now, and I don’t think I can take anything, sooo that’s fun.  
  • @smashley09 It's a super sharp pain and it sucks. But a good sign, I guess? I tend not to have nausea when I'm pregnant, so I'll take all the symptoms I can get.
  • Anyone else having insomnia? It’s starting so early this time where my hips and knee joints and even my shoulders hurt soooo bad. I was just reading about a magnesium lotion for insomnia in pregnancy. Anyone tried this?

Also, pregnancy brain fog is for real! I don’t remember this from last time. I lost my train of thought mid sentence, I can’t remember what I’m saying or why I’m saying it. It’s so bad at work! Especially because I manage the department. I must look absolutely INSANE. 
  • @JStill0603 INSOMNIA is my main symptom.  That combined with lack of caffeine may just kill me.  My husband was making fun of me this morning because I couldn't string together coherent sentences.  I don't know if it's pregnancy brain so much as lack of sleep.  I woke up at 3:30a.m. and that was the end of my sleep for the night pretty much except another bad dream, so I guess a passed out again at some point, but it wasn't peaceful.  This has been every night for a few weeks now and getting worse.  I pass out early because I'm exhausted and then wake up a few hours later tossing and turning and waiting for the sun to come up.
  • Oh, and I'm extra cranky... also probably from the lack of a good night's sleep.
  • @ruby696 +1 for getting winded from walking. I had to run into work today because of a downpour, then walk up 2 flights of stairs. I was so winded. :D
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• edited September 2019
    Has anyone else switched to maternity jeans because of the bloat? I had bought a medium and large pair of skinny maternity jeans last time I was pregnant, but by the time I bought them, the mediums were too small. The mediums are a little too loose right now, but feel so much better than my tight regular jeans.
  • @heatherlynn321 Currently wearing my maternity jeans. Truthfully,  I can still fit into my regular jeans but these are so much more comfortable. I am embracing the bloat. Also cannot wait to pull out my pregnancy pillow. 
  • Not quite into maternity jeans just yet @heatherlynn321 (I have a couple of pairs saved to my Amazon wishlist), but I am thisclose to busting out my overalls, lol. Going running every other day has helped with the bloat so far, but I'm sure that I'll be transitioning to maternity-wear sooner rather than later given my small frame.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @heatherlynn321 I've been wearing my maternity jeans since a couple weeks before I was pregnant. I gained some weight recently and most of my regular jeans were not fitting. Anyways, now I am really embracing the maternity jeans with this bloating!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @yodamama Maybe not! I was super tiny with my first. 109lbs to be exact. I didn’t show until 7 months. I ended up gaining around 55lbs (much needed since I was underweight), but it took foreverrrr to get a bump. 
  • 6 weeks along and wiping pink blood with sporadic red spotting today. Very light cramping but I’m sad and a little worried. It’s all I can think about now. But just praying it stays light! 
  • Fx @c25. Sending you hugs.
  • Thank you❤️ @Linsbins
  • @newmomtx06 I just got my pregnancy pillow today and it’s magical! Why haven’t I always had one of these!?
  • So today I had a weird symptom. I was at lunch with a friend and these three flies would NOT leave me alone. It was relentless! No matter how much I swatted them away. I tried Googling this and apparently it's a thing? Pregnancy is weird.
  • Ugh, my hair and skin, which are both normal super dry and soooooo oily!
  • I'm right there with you @bender29. My jawline is so broken out and gross.
  • @rachelg777 my boobs hurt so bad the first time, but the second time I was still nursing and felt nothing. This time I stopped nursing like 6 months ago and my boobs have finally shrunk a little so I’m wondering if I’ll feel anything. 

I’m having some RLP already, and every time it makes me so nervous because in my first pregnancy a nurse acted so freaked out when I was describing it, and wouldn’t stop talking about ectopic pregnancies. It’s always just been RLP though!
  • @Pascal86 okay interesting, so far my experience has been the same. My boobs have shrunk so much after nursing and so far this pregnancy haven’t gotten bigger at all... with my previous pregnancies I was up at least two cup sizes  :D
  • So I'm leaving on Sunday for a 4 day work trip to Sweden. I'm not nauseous yet, but with my luck it will hit me like a ton of bricks while I'm out of the country. I'm going to pack some preggie-pop drops and vitamin B6. Any other recommendations for OTC things I should bring just in case? 
  • @mamaqdubu The Seabands, I got mine at Target last time around.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @mamaqdubu I second SeaBands.  Also I hear good things about the Trader Joe's ginger chews.  I can't handle strong ginger flavor, so I haven't used them personally.  But I have heard good things.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll @m6agua any day with a trip to Target and TJ's is a good day in my book. i'll check them out! 
  • I’m 6 weeks today but I conceived via IVF so I wonder if my symptoms/lack of symptoms have something to do with all the medication I have to continue until the end of my first trimester?

Differences I’ve noticed is frequent peeing, an occasional dull ache in my lower abdomen, and waves of fatigue now and again. Nothing else yet though 🧐
  • @ohlindalinda I conceived via IVF as well and I'm assuming most of my symptoms are from the progesterone I'm taking, since progesterone tends to cause many of pregnancy symptoms when it occurs naturally. It stands to reason that symptoms from synthetic progesterone won't get "worse," since you're taking the same dose daily - that's totally speculation on my part, but makes sense to me. However, I think if you have nausea, you can attribute that to the hCG.
  • @ruby696 Totally makes sense! I actually assumed the medication would make me feel all the pregnancy symptoms full-on from the beginning, but since I haven’t had the tell-tale symptoms yet (sore boobs, nausea), I’m starting to think it’s protecting me from hormone spikes that may happen naturally? More of an even dose of hormones 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • My boobs hurt worse from the progesterone before I found out I was pregnant. I was worried about that at first, but now I think maybe we also get used to it since the dosage doesn't change. I'm just going with it at this point, otherwise I'll drive myself crazy. Also, I have two other kids and I've never had much nausea during pregnancy. So you may just be one of the lucky ones whose body's not as sensitive to it.
  • @ohlindalinda my first pregnancy I remember being worried because I had no symptoms and other ladies were sick, sore boobs, etc. Then morning sickness hit at 6+3 and never ended. I’ve heard the same from a few other ladies, either they didn’t get symptoms until later, or they never had symptoms and felt fine. Your current symptoms don’t sound too terrible yet so I bet you’re a lucky one. 

@mamaqdubu vomit bags. Either ziplocks or order from amazon. Just in case nausea hits and you don’t know where to go or can’t get there in time. 
  • lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019

I'm so tired, I just want to curl up on the floor. 
    This was so me yesterday!  I had to stay at work an extra 4 hours, which meant no nap.  I barely made it through.  
  • @lizm1234 Oh man! An extra 4 hours?! I think I would just curl up under my desk if that happened at this point. 
  • lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019
    heatherlynn321  It was brutal.  I swear I was slightly dizzy at one point.  
  • Having such a big struggle today. I work twice a week Tuesday and friday 20 hr shifts and I am just becoming more and more uncomfortable. Any one else having problems sleeping at night? I swear the slightest thing wakes me up now. My dog kept chewing on his toy last night and it was making me crazy. I just feel so weak and tired and nauseous. Praying I make it through today so I can sleep and catch a break 
  • I’ve got the insomnia too! I wake up at 3am and don’t go back to sleep. 
  • @minab700 Yes! I don't have to wake up for work till 6:30 a.m., but my husband has to get up at 5 a.m., and this whole past week, as soon as his alarm goes off, I cannot go back to sleep at all.
  • rachelg777rachelg777 member
    edited September 2019
    Pregnancy brain is getting real. I walk into a room and have no idea why I went. Or go to do something at work and my mind goes blank.

Edit cant spell 
  • Linsbins said:
    @ohlindalinda my first pregnancy I remember being worried because I had no symptoms and other ladies were sick, sore boobs, etc. Then morning sickness hit at 6+3 and never ended. I’ve heard the same from a few other ladies, either they didn’t get symptoms until later, or they never had symptoms and felt fine. Your current symptoms don’t sound too terrible yet so I bet you’re a lucky one. 

@mamaqdubu vomit bags. Either ziplocks or order from amazon. Just in case nausea hits and you don’t know where to go or can’t get there in time. 
    A coworker of mine recommended these, since they don't collapse in on themselves when they get filled (like a regular bag would), so it's less messy. https://smile.amazon.com/EverOne-Emesis-Bags-Blue-24Count/dp/B07MN6DXVZ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=emesis+bags&qid=1568377097&sr=8-8
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022