April 2020 Moms

Crazy cravings

What's your craziest craving so far this pregnancy?
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Crazy cravings

• Im all about soup right now. I cannot get enough of it and it was never something I even cared about before! Although we went to Olive Garden yesterday and I tried the Chicken Gnocchi soup and could NOT do it... Had to tell the waitress it was me and not the soup 😂 
  • Loading the player...
  • Someone on here mentioned Sour Patch Kids once. I’ve bought them 3 times now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 LOL that would be me.... (sitting here with my jellybeans)
  • I got a strong craving for chocolate milk last night. I don't drink cow milk and haven't for 5+ years but DH bought some and I had a tiny glass and it was good.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I haven’t wanted a large glass of milk in easily 5-6 years. MH has never seen me drink it, ever. A few weeks ago I could no longer stomach yogurt, but I started craving milk. So instead of yogurt in the morning, I have milk. So weird! 
  • this combination from trader joes,  cereal, pumpkin bagels and pumpkin cream cheese (trader joes)
  • A few weeks ago: BLT for breakfast 
    Tonight: grilled cheese with ketchup on the side
  • Apples. I eat a ton of them anyway but now it's a desperate need.
  • @mysteryship Yes! There's something so crisp and fresh and delicious about apples right now. Maybe I'm dehydrated, but they always sound fantastic.
  • @mercury94 High five!  Me too with the Sour Patch Kids.  I love them normally anyway.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them but I need to limit the intake otherwise I burnout my taste buds.  

@cicchettimama00 That Trader Joe's combo sounds delicious!  I've never tried those crackers but now need to get them this weekend.  A go to for me when I feel barfy and know I need to eat and settle my stomach is the White Truffle Potato Chips. 

I guess my weirdest craving so far is those crispy fried strips and duck sauce that you get at some Chinese restaurants.  With DD1 it was Jello, I couldn't get enough.  DD2 was cinnamon buns.  
  • @liselotte77 Thank you for your soup addiction!  I feel awful today but I'm starving.  I've been trying to make myself eat but everything makes me want to vom.  Finally I remembered I randomly had one of those cup of soup packets in my desk drawer and its exactly what I wanted.  
  • @liselotte77 I want to thank you for mentioning soup too! I just went to Kroger and went a little crazy buying soup and it was EXACTLY what I needed.
  • @KFrob @littleredm Aw Im so glad it helped!! It honestly is the one thing that always sounds good and is easy to get down. 

Although today I really wanted a #1 from Wendys with a frosty soooo I did, & it was totally worth it. I still got nauseas after but I didnt seem to care as much! 
  • Another one for soup. Also nectarines and cold green grapes. 
  •  @stumptownmama - cold red seedless grapes here!
  • @liselotte77 Yum!  I've been dying for some Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets now that they're back.  I know there will be immediate regret but it will be worth it!  
  • I'm so looking forward to this weekend when I can get some pate and crackers lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Soup and carbs specially bagels with cream cheese and subs
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chinese food. We ordered on Saturday night and now all I can think about eating is hot and sour soup and lo mein. I told my husband I'm going to blow our whole food budget in the next few weeks until the morning sickness dies down.
  • I see a lot of folks have been craving fruits - high-five! I've been having an apple, a banana plus wild blueberries everyday since i've been pregnant. LOL the baby better come out with glowing skin ;)
  • @aresee I could go for some hot and sour soup right about now....... yummmmmmm
  • @aresee Samesies!  We also ordered out on Sat and I got veggie lo mein with extra broccoli.  I destroyed it.  I guess I've been craving broccoli and that's weird.  

Every Monday the cafe at work has buffalo chicken wraps (or salad) and I wanted it soooo bad, with extra buffalo and extra ranch dressing with a Ghirardelli chocolate caramel square as a side all while wanting to vomit.    
  • I’ve been loving the green grapes lately too! Also, salt and vinegar almonds have helped my craving for salt and vinegar chips! 
  • @babyrummom you posted “salt and vinegar almonds” but my mind read “salt and vinegar chips” and now I think I need to track some down... I can wait until later this week but it will happen!
  • Salad with fruit, either apples or berries.  I rarely eat salads.  Lol.  I had three last week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @aresee omg lo mein sounds so stinkin good right now. It' s after midnight but Im wide awake & starving!!
  • Pepperoni Hot Pockets. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Water with lots and lots and lots of ice in it.  Nothing else sounds good to drink, or quenches my thirst. 

Also, Crispy Crunch chocolate bars. I dream about buying a Halloween box of them. 
  • @mflowers929 YES chocolate milk. It has become a staple on our grocery list and I live for it right now. I didn't used to eat a ton of dairy and I definitely didn't drink milk on its own except on rare occasions. My midwife says it's my body wanting me to stock up on calcium and vitamin D.
  • weird AF but I made kugel yesterday bc I really wanted some. I ate just that for dinner last night. 
    Peanut M&Ms. Salty potato chips. It's funny- my daughter I was all about the chips/nachos. My son I was total chocolate (which I myself don't love) this time it has been a total mix. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I have a craving for caramelized onions and mashed potatoes. Wtf. That's the weirdest craving lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • currently eating apples and peanut butter and content with life.
  • Couldn’t keep anything down all morning. Then got hit with a BLT craving so went to Subway for lunch. Yummy BLT and finally got the Salt and Vinegar chips I’ve had in the back of my mind - PLUS got extra banana peppers on the side to snack on. Babies are happy. 😂
  • @mandarenee898 Isn't wild how one moment nothing is appetizing or even possible to keep down and then suddenly you can eat a ton of a very specific food? Pregnancy is weird.
  • @korthouse YES!!!  I never had strong cravings with my first pregnancy so this is crazy. 😂 
  • Nacho cheese doritos. Give me all the bags!!!
  • The other day I got a burger from Chili’s because I really wanted the pickles they use on the burgers. That was pretty weird. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Pretzels! I'm interested to see my cravings  as I get further along. With my son, I was all about donuts and fast food french fries(not together)!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was at a party yesterday and they had apple slices with caramel dipping sauce. I can’t stop thinking about it. I may have to hop in the car and go get some.  
    I can’t get enough sweet things this time around. It wasn’t this intense with DS.