April 2020 Moms

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• When I had an ultrasound last week, it was abdominal. They were going to do transvaginal too if they couldn't see everything they needed to, but they were able to.

The 32oz of water thing is a total nightmare and not actually possible for me. The last few times I've had to do it (I've had cysts and fibroids, so lots of ultrasounds), I just start drinking about an hour before my appointment and stop when I feel like I have to pee. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was transvaginal at 7 weeks. 
  • @sanpelligrino I'm assuming mine will be abdominal since I was told to drink 32 oz of water before the scan tomorrow.
    Ohh no! I had to drink 32 oz of water and I had to pee SO bad the whole ultrasound and he pushed on my bladder with the ultrasound head the whole time! 
  • Lol, I was told with DS to only drink half of the water since my kidneys work so fast that my bladder was too full 😂
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited September 2019
    @aresee and @littleredm those are such great looking ultrasounds :)

@mflowers929 my kidneys work very fast too, i have to pee even if I've had little water. I asked to excuse myself before the doctor started with my ultrasound today as i had to pee, despite peeing right before leaving work. What's worse, i had already changed into the open hospital gown and had to hold the gown together so it wont expose me completely, as i walked thru the corridor to the restroom. What a joke lol luckily the rooms and bathrooms were in a private area . 
  • @sanpelligrino I had a LOT of ultrasounds, because he wouldn't get in position for the anatomy scan (I had to go back 3 times) and then later because of the cholestasis. If I drank too much water it literally blocked parts so they couldn't see. Not sure how that happened but that's what the tech told me before she sent me to pee in the middle of an ultrasound lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Yes i was told that once as well, that when the bladder is full it might squish certain parts that you would otherwise see. WOW 3 ultrasounds for an anatomy scan? 
  • That makes sense. Yes, he was the wrong way to properly visualize his heart. She could see it and see it looked fine, but they needed the pictures a certain way and he wasn't cooperating. I almost had to go back a fourth time.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • We finally get to have our dating ultrasound next week!!! I can't wait to see our baby  <3
  • @mercury94 oh my goodness look at those little baby toes!
  • @lmac92 ughh yes! I had to pee so bad during mine too! It was torture!
  • @Brags0607 Happy birthday. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @Brags0607 Such a great way to spend a birthday! Happy birthday!
  • @sbalding88 congrats and welcome :) your ultrasound looks so much like mine did at 10 weeks. You might want to edit your post to remove your personal information like name etc from the pic.....
  • @sbalding88 wow. That is awesome. Very happy for you <3
  • @sbalding88 That’s awesome. So exciting for you. I also have PCOS. It can be such a nightmare. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20