1st Trimester

Twins?

hi all! I’m about 9 weeks along w my first ultrasound next week ( I know, “just wait until then and see what the doctor finds”) but I can’t shake the feeling of twins.

i got my first bfp very early at 8 days before my period was due (32 day cycle). My period is extremely regular, down to the day. I feel like my belly is out more than it should be, and my symptoms seemed to start almost immediately. Could these be signs of twins to come?

Re: Twins?

• hi all! I’m about 9 weeks along w my first ultrasound next week ( I know, “just wait until then and see what the doctor finds”) but I can’t shake the feeling of twins.

i got my first bfp very early at 8 days before my period was due (32 day cycle). My period is extremely regular, down to the day. I feel like my belly is out more than it should be, and my symptoms seemed to start almost immediately. Could these be signs of twins to come?
    Every pregnancy is different and symptoms can be intense regardless of how many babies are in there. Good luck waiting.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • I was less sick with my twins than my other 2 singletons, so there really is no way to tell from symptoms how many are in there. 
  • I had an intuition of twins early on - it was a singleton.  
  • I got a bfp at 7 dpos (I was temping, so I knew for sure) with my son.  I was horribly sick immediately.  My HCG was on the higher side too, making me need an earlier scan than we were going to do, and there was just one.    The signs mean very little.  
  • I feel like everyone goes through a sort of "omg it's twins" thing while waiting on that first scan.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• My twins are one now but my hcg and belly size were the same as my four single pregnancies before them. I didnt look pregnant with twins until 20 something weeks. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I’m one of those who just “knew” I was having twins. Was too impatient and went to doctor to confirm and I was right. But one is very small and measured behind and doctor couldn’t find fetal pole. Going back in a few weeks and really hoping baby B holds on and has grown to develop a heart beat. 
  • With my twins, I only knew because the previous pregnancies I had had, my progesterone was only in the high teens and low twenties. When they drew blood at my missed period, my levels were like 50+! This was back before I had my tubes tied and had to do IVF so no meds in that round. I read that progesterone being that high was a sign and sure enough at my first US around 6wks, it was confirmed. HCG was pretty normal and I was never really sick or had extra symptoms than any of my other pregnancies so nothing out of the ordinary other than the progesterone numbers being so high. Now that I am doing IVF, I can't rely on that anymore! lol...
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)