May 2020 Moms

Group 2: May 9-16 check-in week of 9/9

2»

Re: Group 2: May 9-16 check-in week of 9/9

• @bender29 I'm on NP Thyroid which is a combination T3/T4 animal based med. I just met with the Endo today and he was saying they don't use the combination meds, especially the animal based ones because of limited research. So after he looks at my labs, he will most likely change me to a synthetic T4 med and possibly a small dose of a synthetic T3 med. I am really hoping I can just go off of the meds all together at some point.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• EDD: May 12

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Always Finding Out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: US & bloodwork Sept. 23. OB appt Sept. 26

How are you feeling? Bloated! Nauseous at times. Tired. Nervous. Excited.

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? - Sweater weather! The leaves. Pumpkin patches. Halloween! Fall is the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • @HippyDippyMomma I’m the 14th! Happy birthday!
  • @Linsbins I’m the 14th too! ☺️
  • EDD: May 9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Number 2 Pencil Eraser

Upcoming appointments: My first appt is not until Oct. 3

How are you feeling? Really good, actually! Peeing a thousand times a day, but overall not bad.

Raves/Rants: I slept on my left boob 2 nights ago and it still hurts. I ate wasabi ranch salad dressing for the first time today and it changed my life. I can't focus at work.

Questions: Do I really have to eat medium well steak? 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? - Football and chili and hoodies
  • @caponey I think that it’s probably a personal decision and you will find people who never ate steak less than well and some who always ate it raw and some who have a horror story about eating steak. 
  • I thought I already put myself in here but I guess I did not so here goes...

EDD: May 14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: for sure finding out, I have two boys (I’m hoping it’s another boy) but my sister is due in March and she has a girl so hoping we can plan out who gets what hand me downs lol 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed til tomorrow ;) 

Upcoming appointments: none yet, I’ve been getting over denial so I’ll call tomorrow... maybe 

How are you feeling? Aside from shocked, okay. The cramps have eased up as has the overall soreness. My nipples are very sore and peeing all the time are my main symptoms right now. And getting very full very fast. 

Raves/Rants: brain fog at work for sure. Raves are how much I love my two boys already and how excited I am for them to have another little sibling to love on. 

Questions: none yet 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Football Saturdays! Cooler weather. Hoodies and leggings or sweatpants. 
  • @JStill0603 I kind of felt the same way about calling to make the first appointment.  :D and I also already have two boys and think having a third would be easier. But I’m okay if it’s a girl too. 
  • Mustered up the courage and called today. Ultrasound oct 17, first appointment with midwife is nov 1 
  • @adventuresawait1 congrats! Such an exciting time!
  • @bananapanda Thank you! Lots to do, but it’s definitely exciting!
  • @adventuresawait1 Congratulations on the house! It’s such a process, you must be so relieved at this point.

Thought I did this already, but guess not...

EDD: May 15th

Team: Finding Out for sure! I want to know if can use or get rid of DD things. Also we found out last time and it made me feel more connected with her. 

Baby is the size of a(n): a black peppercorn today!

Upcoming appointments: 1hr phone appt Sep 24th. 1st real appt Oct 21st. 

How are you feeling? I feel good. Just more tired than usual by 8pm. Smelling EVERYTHING which is mostly not a good thing. 

Raves/Rants: discovered how a fresh squeezed lime on a salad is life-changing. 

Questions: none yet

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall?
    Fall in New England is amazing. The leaves are gorgeous. I love pumpkin patches, the smells, chilly air and Football. 
  • @adventuresawait1 congrats!! Speaking from experience, it’s way better to move at the beginning of pregnancy than one week before giving birth. 😉
  • @soprano19 that’s good to hear! Feels like a lot of adjustments to make, but I guess it’s good to do it now. 
  • @soprano19 bahaha we moved two weeks before giving birth with my first. In August. In the desert. You are not wrong 😂
  • @mdfarmchick we did basically the same thing, but at least it was October and we live in the mountains 😂 but I was SO pregnant. I basically just sat in the rocker in DD’s room and told everyone where to put stuff, lol.
  • edited September 2019
    @Linsbins  Happy belated birthday!!
  • @bender29 yes! Our offer was accepted! We would close by the end of the month, which is pretty crazy. 
  • Oops, realized I already let you all know that. Losing my mind! Haha. Anyway, hoping everything stays on track. We just started pricing out movers and wow are they expensive! When we moved into our current place we used the friends-and-truck approach, but I don’t think that’s really workable now that we have the kiddo and all.