Group 1 (2.1-2.7) Check-In w/o 9.9

EDD/W+D: 

Team: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken?

Re: Group 1 (2.1-2.7) Check-In w/o 9.9

• Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D:  2/7 18w3d

Team: Finding out...hopefully baby shows us on the 23rd!

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Upcoming appts: I have a virtual appointment today, and then the A/S scan on the 23rd.

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty good! No complaints.

Rants/Raves: Rant...this weekend was EXHAUSTING to say the least. Went to the UW game with my husband, and SIL and BIL who are in town. It was already a late start time (7:30) but then there was a massive lightening storm that went on for a few hours and instead of cancelling, they started the game at 10:30pm. We rode up on a charter bus that my husband and FIL (they have season tickets) ride on every game and out of all of the people like 5 wanted to stay for the game so everyone was stuck there. We were not looking to get home at 3am, so we paid $200 for an uber home..... NOT how I planned on the evening going. It was a shit show to say the least. RAVE: My BIL and SIL are in town with my 18 month old nephew and seeing him with my daughter is pulling all my heart strings and I love that they are having this time together. It has been a year since we have seen them, so going to soak up all the time we get this week!

Questions: Too early for braxton hicks? I have been feeling them today. I have been pretty active this morning, so I think that might be why but ugh I forgot how uncomfortable they are.

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I haven't really broken too many but there have been a few days that I have probably had too much caffeine. 
  • @bg122785 nope, not too early for Braxton Hicks! They can start in the 2nd trimester. I’m 17 weeks and have had them for weeks now.
  • tashia5587tashia5587 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: 2/6, 18+4

Team: Finding out, but not telling anyone. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Croissant

Upcoming appts: I was SUPPOSED to have my anatomy scan with an MFM on the 17th (waiting reschedule). I have my 20w midwife appointment on the 20th, and some GD follow up appointments later this month/ in early October. 

How are you feeling?: Okay minus my insomnia and the resulting fatigue. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- super annoyed that I have to reschedule the anatomy scan that I scheduled over a month ago. I have to do it with an MFM because of my gestational diabetes diagnosis, but I'm in the process of rescheduling it at a different location because the doctor is no longer available. Apparently there's now only one doctor that does it at my normal hospital and she's only available two days a week, which happen to be the two days a week my husband can't attend. I had to get a referral to another hospital and am waiting for them to call me back to schedule. 

Questions: Still trying to discern between gas/ digestive bubbles and baby flutters. Looking forward to more definitive movements! 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? Gestational diabetes has made so many more rules for me that I've been more lenient about a few of the normal dietary restrictions as a means to stay compliant with my GD diet. I'm not doing full on lunch meat yet, but I've been eating some precooked/ cured sausages (summer sausage, salami, etc) without heating them. I also haven't been paying a ton of attention to my number of servings of seafood a week and may go slightly over on my caffeine intake at times. Resisting the temptation to eat runny eggs is HARD. 
  • EDD/W+D: 19 weeks 

Team: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming appts: Friday is my anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: the energy I was so excited about has run out. And my hips are killing. 

Rants/Raves: Excited to know what we are having. Finalized names last week and just can’t wait to call this one by name. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I really don’t monitor what I eat too much unless there is a known outbreak of something and I avoid that particular food. Seems like it’s been more common to catch something from precut fruit and lettuce than it is from lunch meat. And I love feta cheese. And sushi although I do eat cooked and stay away from raw. I have also painted, take a hot bath a couple times a week, have changed the cat litter and am sure multiple other things. 
  • @therealbitts I am so happy your placenta moved and all is well! I've been thinking about you and hoping everything would work itself out. 
  • @kmj1426 Feta is fine as long as it's made from pasteurized milk! Most feta in the US is, so you should be golden. 
  • @tashia5587 I get freshly homemade feta from a Lebanese market. With my first DD I called and asked. They told me it’s not. But the grocery store stuff is totally fine it’s just not as good (feta snob over here lol) I also drink unpasteurized apple cider from Apple orchards 😂  
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: Feb 1/19+3

Team: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): peanut butter jar or a mango

Upcoming appts: Thursday for my OB and a follow-up to my anatomy scan in Friday (more on that below) 

How are you feeling?: exhausted because I had to be at work at 7 am today (more about that below too) 

Rants/Raves: Raves - our baby was being hilarious at the anatomy scan last week. S/he was being very uncooperative and insisted on spending the ultrasound faceplanted on my bladder. Plus s/he kept punching the ultrasound wand because it didn't want to be poked. Because of the uncooperativeness, they weren't able to get as good a look at the heart or kidneys as they wanted, so we are going back on Friday for a second look. The bonus is another ultrasound. 😁
    Rants - a team I supervise at work doesn't have a lot of time where everyone is free for a team meeting. They decided that 7 am was better than 5 pm and a little part of me died inside because I am not a morning person. I recieved permission from my supervisor to leave at 3 on meeting days though, so that's a plus. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I accidentally ordered a sandwich with deli meat on it a couple of months back and didn't think about it until after I paid. I figured the chances of me getting listeria were pretty slim and ate it anyways. I may have also exceeded the recommended amount of caffeine a time or two. 
  • EDD/W+D: 2/1/20 19+4

Team: finding out! 8 more days!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming appts: 9/18 for anatomy scan and gender reveal!

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good but I’ve been having some cramping the last two days. It’s mostly when I sleep because I roll over on my back in my sleep and then I wake up in the middle of the night with cramps, but I also think I’ve been having some cramping due to gas too. Overall just annoying and wish I could sleep through the night. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- see above. Rave-almost a week until we find out the gender and I am PSYCHED!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I have sips of alcohol hear and there, but haven’t had a full glass of anything yet. Definitely missing red wine pretty fierce right now and I know it will only get worse as it continues to cool off. The only real one I break regularly is caffeine. I don’t drink fully caffeinated coffee but I switch between half caf and decaf because I just love coffee so much I can’t resist. 
  • @therealbitts such good news about your placenta! I’m sure you’re relieved and I’m glad the weight has been lifted <3
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited September 2019
    @therealbitts I am so glad that sorted itself out so that you can be less stressed out! 😊
  • @Swiftlet and @mandk1233 thank you so much!! 😊