April 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• I don’t know if it’s pregnancy related or if pregnancy brain is real, but I’ve been struggling with losing my train of thought and explaining things to my patients at work! It could be that I’ve just been super tired this week, but I feel dumb. 
  • @KFrob I hear you on brushing your teeth! It makes me gag as well. I thought it was just me!
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyrummom pregnancy brain is absolutely real!! I got halfway to work the other day before realizing that my work laptop was at home. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • I am SO blumpy today lol. I'm like "how can people not tell??"
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Nausea is coming and going in waves. Nothing major like with my other 2. Not yet anyway. I’m getting super dizzy off and on though. Also so very tired.
  • So many food aversions, including coffee. Most of the time literally no foods are appealing.
  • @mysteryship I’m in the same boat, nothing sounds appealing, but I’m still holding strong with stomaching coffee.  I don’t want it, but it doesn’t make me gag either.  I was worried at first since I had the coffee aversion with DD1 and DD2, but at this point I’m just thankful I can still drink it! 
  • @mflowers929 also super blumpy here!  My abs and uterus are putting up no fight
  • I am having all the nausea! It hit me like a sack of bricks last week and has just been getting worse. I'm with @mysteryship and @KFrob nothing sounds good to eat. I'm the one who makes supper in our house and I have a hard time doing that these days with all the smells that have been making me gag.
  • I'm dealing with a lot of food aversions, mostly related to melted cheese (ugh), but other stuff too. And when I do find something I want to eat, I can't eat too much because I get a really uncomfortably full, queasy feeling. Oh, and when my stomach is really empty I feel queasy. So basically I think about eating and food all the time, but thinking about eating and food makes me queasy. :(
  • aresee said:
    really uncomfortably full, queasy feeling. 
    Yes! This! What's with this? I go from starving to that exact feeling in like 6 bites!
  • 7 weeks! Still mildly queezy most of the day, but have been forcing myself to at least eat a little something as soon as I wake up, which seems to help. SO MUCH BURPING.. which also makes me queezy when I can't get it out. Boobs still quite sore. Bloated always and actually had to do the hairband trick today lol. I think it's almost belly band time. 

Also, new feeling is my stomach/abs feeling soooo tight and sore if I try to stretch at all. It's weird. Im gonna look for prenatal yoga to start soon! 
  • aresee said:
    I'm dealing with a lot of food aversions, mostly related to melted cheese (ugh), but other stuff too. And when I do find something I want to eat, I can't eat too much because I get a really uncomfortably full, queasy feeling. Oh, and when my stomach is really empty I feel queasy. So basically I think about eating and food all the time, but thinking about eating and food makes me queasy. :(
    Yessss my exact problems lol 
  • @babybison @kath1414 It's such a pain! I don't remember this with my last pregnancy, and it's really been a bummer. Cold drinks definitely help.
  • @aresee this is the exact description of how I’ve been feeling.  The nausea has been so bad and I haven’t actually gotten sick, but just constantly queasy.  I feel like I’m having the worst hangover ever with zero of the fun beforehand!! 

Also so tired all of the time.  My Mom came over yesterday and I haven’t told her that I’m pregnant yet.  I snuck away to lie down for a few minutes because of the nausea and I fell asleep almost instantly! I woke up to DS jumping on me and saying “Mommy, what are you doing? Grandma’s here!!”
  • Have I said short of breath? Because damn this is bad
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I'm glad i'm not alone. I have terrible food aversions - when its time to eat, nothing sounds appealing. In fact eating doesn't sound appealing. I only think I have to eat cos the sound of my stomach growling could wake the neighbors up. And when I do eat, 5 bites fill me up and i almost just want to be done with it (eating that is). I'm worried i'm just not eating enough. I try to tell myself the baby will take what it needs when it needs it :neutral:

I'm also looking to join a prenatal yoga class. 
  • I'm not one to exercise in public, so I used prenatal yoga YouTube videos. It was nice to be able to do them whenever I needed a stretch.
  • i typically fare better in a class setting, and I find myself more motivated to workout but if things go like they are right now, i might give the youtube videos a go. 
  • @sanpelligrino your first tri you actually don't need anything extra. The advice I got last go around was that you eat what you can when you can and make it up later lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I've been crazy congested since last night and I dont know whether to hope it's a cold or hope its pregnancy rhinitis 🤦‍♀️. Right now it just feels like too much on top of everything else! 
  • So my nausea and fatigue (my main symptoms) have been so much better this week that I am having the “I Hope everything is ok” thoughts since my symptoms have decreased. Anyone have the same thoughts?
  • @emibemily I've been sneezing a lot too....is pregnancy rhinitis a thing? then i have it lol
  • @mandarenee898 Have you been sleeping better this week or getting more rest?  There is a definite correlation with my nausea and how much rest I'm getting, which of course would effect how tired you are as well.  My fingers will be crossed that you feel semi-awful tomorrow!  :)
  • @mandarenee898 that was me last week, and now yesterday and today i've been having waves of nausea again....i guess its a cycle, it's going to come and go.
  • Thanks @KFrob and @sanpelligrino!  Now that you mention it, I have been sleeping better but hadn’t made the connection. I remember going a few days last pregnancy without any nausea around 15-16 weeks and I thought I was done and then it came back again until the mid-20s weeks.
  • @sanpelligrino google says it's a thing 🤷‍♀️. I don't know any more than that!
  • Where would we be without google?!  
  • Any one with a lot of back discomfort? It’s not really pain, just sore. Mild in the morning and gets worse through the day. I thought this would be much later in pregnancy! Just ordered a pregnancy pillow so hoping improving sleep position helps! Any other tips? 
  • @gingers19 Mild stretching/yoga should help your muscles. I would just be careful of overdoing it. The relaxin makes you more flexible than you think. And a hot shower directed at the spot helps me too. 
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited September 2019
    @gingers19 My back is killing me. My OB said to expect it to be worse as this is my second. She wasn’t kidding. I don’t have any good tips, unfortunately. Last time, I bought a new mattress because the one we had was terrible. Now I just try to get up and stretch. I’m planning to ask the OB on Friday. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • working at home today and just walking in my kitchen and smelling all the smells in there is turning my stomach
  • Man, I feel terrible today. Nausea is as bad as it’s been the whole pregnancy. But, alas, I’m short on paid leave at work, so I’m trying to stick it out. Wish me luck. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I am right there with you feeling terrible today.

Im actually considering quitting my job...lol. I honestly only work part time and from home mostly,  but I can't even keep water down and I haven't done any work today. I'm waiting for my boss to return from vacation next week to have a chat about needing extra help until this passes...hopefully it goes well. I kind of feel guilty about needing help, but it is what it is. 
  • @mercury94 good luck!  I’m thankful I get a work from home day once a week, and this week landed on the day I was throwing up multiple times a day.  I’ve been fortunate not to throw up at work and to be honest - if I had to throw up at work I’d probably go out to my car and use the puke bags that my nurse friend gave me to keep in my car. 

Anyone else finding their face getting extra oily?  
  • @kfs2016 Telling my boss and manager has made a HUGE difference for me. I also work part time and my manager makes our break schedules. It means I don't have to wait for the last lunch time available and they check in to make sure I get extra little breaks when I need them
  • @mandarenee898 My face is oily. Also breaking out worse than I did in high school, so that’s fun. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I'm also extra oily.  My scalp is and back are broken out and I have a gigantic pimple on my chin that's making the whole bottom half of my face hurt on that side.

It's official, my digestive tract hates me.  I'm all nausea and indigestion, then flip flopping between constipation and diarrhea all while starving and nothing sounds good.  I'm stuck in that spot where I dry heave but don't actually throw up.  I'm officially over it.