May 2020 Moms

GTKY: Fur Baby Edition!

Re: GTKY: Fur Baby Edition!

• Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 omg Danes are the best 😭😍😭😍😭😍😭
  • @shamrocandroll she totally looks like a muppet!! I love the muppets. She’s adorable!
  • My husband raises German Shorthaired Pointers. We currently have six. Breeze, Tilly (Atilla), Hank, Misty, Athena, and Legend. 
    We also have some farm cats and a small herd of cattle. We are hoping to have some chickens once we get moved into the new house completely. 
  • @pirateduck first of all, I love your screen name! 
    Those little guys are so adorable!
  • Two shih tzus and a big orange kitty:

Loki

Remy 

An old picture of my old man puppy, Truccio

• @bananapanda Hahaha, seriously!  Every 5 minutes in our house, DS says "Mommy, Winnie wants a treat."  Yes bud, Winnie always wants a treat.  I've only given him access to her tiny training bites so far because she'll be fat before she's full grown if I let him give her full biscuits.  :lol:  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I feel like I have to let her feed him a lot of treats to make up for how she likes to yell at him lol I swear it's her favorite thing "TUCKER, COME HERE! TUCKER, STAY! TUCKER, NO LICK PAWS!!" over and over.  Then she might take a toy or treat of his and yell "TUCKER, CHASE ME!!" and take off running.  Kids are dogs are seriously the best together  <3
  • @bananapanda OMG yes!  DS yells at poor Winnie so much!  I'm always telling him she's not going to come here if you yell it angrily at her.  Try saying it cheerfully instead, hahaha.  Poor dog.  She's a saint.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• You guys, Wicket just gave me the fright of my life. Just as I was about to walk out the door to go to my internship, I noticed he was acting weird in his crate. I opened it, and saw him scrunched up with his paws stuck in his mouth. I shook him and called his name and he was unresponsive. I picked him up and started checking him to see if he was choking or if he was experiencing bloat or anything like that. He came out of it and was a little woozy, then ran to a corner and started seizing again, messing himself. I kept holding him and calling his name to see if he would respond but he didn't. He had two more seizure episodes after that. I rushed him to the car (I carried that 60lb ball of fluff all by myself - a herculean task for me) and rushed him to the closest animal hospital. I called MH in a panic and he rushed over from work and met us there.

The vet ran his bloodwork and said that since this is his first seizure (that we know of) then he's hesitant to put Wicket on any medications for it. He suggested that we follow up with his regular vet and ask that he be switched off Simparica (oral flea & tick) and go to a topical one that we put on his fur instead. He said it may not have caused the seizures, but now that he's had them then the Simparica would most likely only make it worse. We're back at home now and he's napping while I keep an eye on him. Poor baby.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @yodamama Oh my gosh, that's so scary!!!  I'm glad it happened when you were home and you were able to be there for him through it!  My cat (who passed away 2 years ago) had a seizure once and it was so scary!  We still don't know what caused it, and we never saw her have another one again, so hopefully this was just a one-off for poor Wicket!  Big hugs to you!  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @yodamama Oh my gosh, how terrifying! I hope your poor pup starts feeling better soon. ❤❤
  • @shamrocandroll & @ruby696 thank you so much! Yes, FX that it was a just a one-time thing. My poor husband, when I called him in a panic he thought it had something to do with the baby (not our furbaby). Apparently, when I'm a crying mess, I'm really difficult to understand on the phone. Who knew?
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @yodamama omg! That’s so scary! I’m glad you were home and able to get him to the vet. Hugs. 
  • @yodamama so glad you were there! I hope he’s better soon.
  • @yodamama How scary! I hope the vet is able to figure something that works out.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @yodamama that’s terrifying! Hopefully it was a one time thing.
  • yogadevilyogadevil member
    edited September 2019
    We have two cats:

Finners is a 7yo Ragdoll. He’s famous btw 😂 we had a video go viral on YouTube so he’s got quite the ego https://youtu.be/Cx14ohE6nHs

And my sweet girl, Boo. She’s a blue point Siamese, 15 years young and she’s fully blind and mostly deaf now that she’s considered long past geriatric for her breed. I’ve had her my entire adult life and she’s my girl 🥰
    @m6agua it’s so fun to see another Blue Point mama!

Best buds
  • @yogadevil Finners looks like my cat's twin!  I'll have to share a photo for you later.
  • @yogadevil <3 Seeing your picture makes me more sure that mine has something else mixed with him. So pretty!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @yogadevil OMG I've seen that video before!  So cute!  :) 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @pirateduck My cow dog mutt hiking buddy looks like he has some of the same mix in him as yours. 

Hello community, meet my bouncing baby cattle dog Taj Mahound.
  • Love these! 

I have a 9 year old rottweiler, Ranger, and a 2 year old labradoodle Margot. My husband came with a five year old Austrian Shepherd/lab mix named Brutus, but I dont have any photos of him.