edited September 2019 in May 2020 Moms
EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall?

*ETA Fixed the title because I posted it before I was awake, apparently.
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o 9/9

• EDD: 6 weeks today/ 5/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Probably finding out, but not sure.  DS was a team green baby and that was really fun.  But we're probably springing for genetic testing this time because of our loss history, and it kind of feels like we may as well find out from that.

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound on Thursday and I'm a nervous wreck.

How are you feeling?  PGAL anxiety is high, but otherwise I'm good.  Just constipation, gas, exhaustion, and sore boobs.  No major nausea yet, and hoping that holds off until after our flights this/next week!  I found out I had shingles right after my BFP, but that is FINALLY starting to feel better!

Raves/Rants:  I had a wonderful weekend with DS and I'm going to miss him soooooo much while we're away next week!

Questions: Not really!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall?  I'm basic and love fall.  Normally I'd be enjoying some pumpkin beer by now, but this year I guess I'll just stick to pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee.  I can't wait to bake some delicious appley things.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited September 2019
    EDD: 5/7/2020, 5 wks 4 days (I miscalculated last week - thanks a lot Flo app!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out (as soon as possible lol)

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Upcoming appointments: Oct. 9th - first fetal ultrasound

How are you feeling? Good! I was able to get a 2mi run + some light weight training (squats, hip adductor/abductor for my sciatica) and post-workout stretching with no problems. Other symptoms include nausea (no vomiting), constipation, drooling in my sleep (lol) and heightened sense of smell. Also, I know another user mentioned feeling like they're whole body is one big bruise, and while I'm not quite there yet, the tops of my feet (instep) have been killing me since Saturday. Not sure if it's the boots I was wearing or what, but it feels like I dropped something on both of my feet.

Raves/Rants: I know I mentioned this last week, but I am officially above the cutoff to get advanced to E7 next year, so I'm in the process of scheduling the mandatory three and a half week course that I have to go to in CA. I'm hoping to get in to the class that takes place Jan 6th-31st, since I can't go when I'm in my third trimester (which begins Feb. 7th, 2020). If I can't go to that one, then I'll have to wait until after I have the baby, and that will be majorly stressful.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? I have a love/hate relationship with Fall. MH is deathly allergic to cinnamon, which is in literally everything Fall-related. Just the presence of those cinnamon brooms in the produce section of grocery stores sends him heading for the hills. Poor guy. So, I try to find things that don't include cinnamon (caramel apple scents typically don't), and will bake Fall things and simply leave the cinnamon out. But anything even remotely cinnamon-related (like cloves or allspice) also give him a reaction, so it's tricky. I much prefer the peppermint stuff in wintertime anyway, so it's not a huge loss. But other Fall stuff I love is decorating, handing out candy to trick-or-treaters, and going running when it's chilly out and the leaves are all orange and red and crunchy on the ground. 
    TLDR: MH is allergic to cinnamon, so bring on Winter's mint!! :D 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @yodamama That is awful that YH is allergic to cinnamon!  So many delicious things ruled out!  I'm so sad for you!  I don't like peppermint at all, and have been known to hoard pumpkin spice flavored things and consume them well into the winter.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @yodamama That is awful that YH is allergic to cinnamon!  So many delicious things ruled out!  I'm so sad for you!  I don't like peppermint at all, and have been known to hoard pumpkin spice flavored things and consume them well into the winter.  :lol:
    Right? Before I met MH, I was your basic b*tch in the Fall, lol. But having him being allergic kinda sucks the fun out of it. We did find a candle in Colonial Williamsburg that is scented like ginger cakes, and it doesn't have cinnamon in it. It smells wonderfully Fall-like, so I'll take it. Also, Witch City Wicks has an apple scent in their Black line of candles that MH looooooooves, so I always make sure to stock up on those. 

• @shamrocandroll glad you are finally feeling better! What a rough time. Keeping everything crossed for a good appointment Thursday!
    @yodamama props for working out!  I told myself I was going to be better about working out this time around but I am so exhausted. I definitely need to keep up with weights though. So sad about your husband! Cinnamon is one of my favorite smells. Hoping you get the January class.

EDD: 5/8 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: 9/19 

How are you feeling?  Food aversions are definitely kicking in. I can’t stand the smell or look of meat. Also feeling nausea setting in.

Raves/Rants: DD needs to cut these teeth. Poor girl is a mess! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall?
     I’m pretty basic. I love watching football on Sundays and cooking crockpot meals.  The leaves turning colors and apple cider are also major favorites. 

• @yodamama I’d be so sad to have a cinnamon allergy! But DH absolutely hates cinnamon so 🙄 can’t use it anyways. I really hope you get that E7 class in January!!

@shamrocandroll I am also basic AF and would love all the pumpkin spice everything but it’s still nine million degrees in my town so it feels dumb to start using it yet. Also Starbucks is currently out because their new shipments are delayed thanks to Dorian last week.

EDD: 5/7

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out. I don’t like surprises 😂

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed for now

Upcoming appointments: 9/30 first appointment and I wish it was sooner.

How are you feeling? So freaking exhausted. I am overwhelmed by how tired I feel. But way less sick than with DS, only occasional nausea and vomiting rather than constant.

Raves/Rants: I have really severe diastasis recti from my first pregnancy so my abdominal wall is basically non existent. Which means the bloat already looks like a real bump and I already can’t wear my normal pants. Kind of embarrassing and makes it hard to hide what’s up in my uterus.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? All of it but sadly we don’t really get a true “fall” season here. I’m on the lower coast of S.C. so it’s just really hot here until November pretty much. I’m hoping to find some time and energy to bake some pumpkin bread with a cream cheese swirl this week though so I can at least pretend we have seasons.
  • @newmomtx06 Oh man, I couldn't be near meat last time and it was not good times.  I even made MH sleep in the guest room if he ate meat that day because I could smell it no matter how many times he brushed his teeth.  Hoping to escape that this time!

@kaitieb14 I would be so sad to not get a fall.  I think that's why I could never completely leave New England.  I could definitely deal with living in SC from like Nov-April, though!  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll meanwhile I wish everyone else in my family liked cold so we could love to New England and not have terrible summers, regular hurricanes, and I could play in the snow 😂 
  • Y'all ladies are the BEST, seriously. I've found that my nausea and mood seem to be better on days that I can go running, so I'm hoping to be able to keep this up as long as possible. What's funny is I find myself getting out of breath easily (like when I'm sweeping the floors or going up the stairs), but when I go running I'm good. 

• @kaitieb14 have you heard of abs, core, pelvic floor? It’s a workout I was looking into to help with my bladder incontinence but it has stuff for diastasis recti in there too. I think the creator of the program was pretty severe. What got my attention was the girl working out peed her pants and I have that issue when I run or bounce. 😫

EDD: May 4th, 6 weeks today

Team: Green, please Lord a healthy baby!! 

Baby is the size of: back of an earring. 

Appointment: Oct 7

Feeling: still pretty fluffy considering. Starting to get a little ofnthe nausea if I wait to long to eat. TIRED! I’m having a hard time sleeping which sucks because i know it will only get harder. 

Rants/raves: I love Costco, but I HATE when I have to return stuff. The line is always long and it’s sooooo hot outside still. And then I usually still have to go in the store to buy something. The only thing that cheers me up is if they have samples lol

GTKY: I’ve lived in SoCal my whole life so there really isn’t a fall season here but I LOVE the pics of all the beautiful trees changing. Those pics of huge piles of leaves and kids jumping in them look like so much fun. 

• @shanana_3 I have, I’ve done it all and worked with a specialty physical therapist but I’ll have to have surgery to repair it when we are done with having bio babes. You can watch my organs move through the gap because it’s so bad, and I’ve actually healed it by a lot!
  • @kaitieb14 oh wow! I’m sorry to hear that, that’s kinda scary, the moving organs part. 😱 I don’t know much about it, does it add risks to the pregnancy? To yourself? 
  • @shanana_3 no it doesn’t, really just that I’ll be showing sooner and probably be more uncomfortable. At least this time I won’t be able to feel them separating; that was one of the worst pregnancy symptoms I had last time. Felt like nonstop tearing and burning. I may end up with a hernia this time but I should be fine other than that.
  • EDD: May 5 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We have two boys so we’re considering going green. I’ll wait until the anatomy scan either way. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea.

Upcoming appointments: Sept 27. 

How are you feeling? Pukey. So pukey. I can’t stomach anything other than lemonade and I feel sick constantly. It’s a new thing for me. I think I got sick ONCE with DS1. And so, so tired. I’ve been napping 2 times a day and still going to bed pretty early. 

Raves/Rants: I’ve tired a bunch of the nausea tricks and so far I’ve got nothing. I don’t function well when I feel like this either. This morning DS2 puked just as DS1 was getting out for car rider drop off. I proceeded to puke trying to get him out of the car and now need to wash the car seat before school gets out. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall?I wish it was cooler weather but I live in the south, so we’ve likely got another month or so before it cools down. I did decorate though. And I really miss seasonal coffee. My kids hate me and coffee so it’s the first thing to go once I’m KU. 😭
  • @rox7777 Oh my gosh, that sounds horrible!  Have you tried Sea Bands yet?  They're the only thing that kind of do the trick for me.  Although they do hurt if you wear them for an extended period of time.  But I'll take that over nausea.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I just ordered some this morning along with some pink stork ginger and peppermint things. I’ve tried ginger ale and ginger tea, but maybe a hard candy will help. Whole new experience over here. 😭
  • EDD: May 5th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we find out next month through blood test 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: September 26th is our first appointment/ultra sound 

How are you feeling? Tired and crampy

Raves/Rants: so happy things are going well 

Questions: not at this time 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? The leaves changing 
  • @rox7777 Those plus the Preggie Pops drop plus help me take the edge off.  Nothing is a cure, but it makes it survivable.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• EDD: May 3rd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Definitely finding out! Praying for pink and I already have a son, but I would be just as happy with another boy too ❤️

Upcoming appointments: September 17th for first ultrasound! 

How are you feeling? Exhausted, anxious, and nauseous but so grateful and thankful for this baby ❤️

Raves/Rants: Early pregnancy with a toddler is hard. 

Questions: Second time moms, how was your second pregnancy different than your first? 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? The cooler weather and comfy clothes! 

• @s-trout-96 I was convinced my second was a girl because it was so different from my first! I was wrong, it was another boy. With my first I wanted all the meat. My first craving was slim Jim’s. Second time around I mostly lived off cereal (something I normally hate). I had way more energy with my second but developed a random case of insomnia and didn’t sleep for the entire pregnancy. My first all i did was sleep 15-18 hours a day. 

This third one is even more different from the first two. You’d be surprised how much can change between kids. This time I’m exhausted, super nauseous (new symptom for me), and my boobs are already up two sizes. 😭
  • EDD: May 3rd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I promised my husband another boy so we'll see how that goes... 

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Upcoming appointments: first appointment Sept 23

How are you feeling? Had a wave of nausea this morning but other than that just the classic tired/sore boobs/sore back combo

Raves/Rants: I have pink eye and it really sucks

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Sweaters, the bigger the better
  • @s-trout-96 it is really bizarre how different each pregnancy was. My first time felt easier, I did have HG but no heartburn, no issues sleeping, even at the end, I felt like I had really good energy up to the end. However, I was soooooo tired and so much more sick the second time around, mostly because I was chasing a toddler around and I moved to nights at work so my sleep was terrible. When I got to the end of my second pregnancy, my sciatica on the left side was killing me and I was convinced my son was going to be huge even thou the dr said he would only be 7lbs, right up to the day I delivered. Nope! 9.3lbs! My big toe was completely numb for a year after he was born. I have full sensation now. I had to go to a chiropractor for a while to fix it. For this one, I feel surprisingly fluffy, even with two crazies in the house, but I’m a SAHM now, I think the biggest thing to help you is rest! Listen to your body and rest. Ask for help, don’t be embarrassed accepting help, tell the hubs you need help. I really believe more rest makes all pregnancy symptoms better. All houses need a happy preggo mama! 😊
  • @s-trout-96 this pregnancy is so different than my first!! I’m not nearly as sick which is wonderful but the exhaustion is WAY more intense/overwhelming this time. I have no energy, ever. Which sucks because my toddler is so so so active and wants to go workout outside or run all over the playground all day and all I can do is lay on the couch while he does laps around the house.
  • @rox7777 @shanana_3 @kaitieb14 thanks for all of the input you guys!! This pregnancy is already different than my first. With my son I was so sick at starting from 6 weeks on that I ended up having to quit both of my jobs that I had because I wasn’t able to work. I don’t remember being as exhausted, but I didn’t have a chase a toddler around back then 😂 the simpliest things wear me out now! Like taking a shower or cooking dinner. I DREAD doing either of those because of how nauseous and weak I feel after doing them. 
  • EDD: May 4th 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green! 

Upcoming appointments: first confirmation appt sept 19! 

How are you feeling? Pregnancy wise pretty good, still no nausea 🙌🏻 But I caught a cold a few days ago so that’s adding to my already exhausted self and of course I can’t take anything. So I’ve been going to bed way early and napping when I can (which is hardly ever since I have kiddos at home who get into things 🙈) 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? I live in az where it’s a million degrees so I love that it starts cooling down! It doesn’t actually get cold until like mid December but at least it’s under the 100s! Also I love all things cinnamon and pumpkin so bring on fall! 

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • team finding out
    baby is size of chocolate chip

I feel anxious, I haven't had an ultra sound yet. until next week Monday.

favorite thing about fall is the fall colour
  • EDD: 5/5/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Definitely finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: 1st ultrasound October 8th!

How are you feeling? Nauseous but vitamin B6 helps a bit and tired

Raves/Rants: I'm annoyed with cravings that go away as soon as you buy what you're craving. I wanted some chips so bad and then as soon as I got them, the thought of eating them made me gag. 

Questions: how do the rest of you balance being pregnant with chasing a toddler? I'm already exhausted.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? The cooler weather. I hate being hot! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD: May 4, 2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: none yet...insurance issue

How are you feeling? Moody!

Raves/Rants: I hate that just plain eating makes me sick!

Questions: Anyone else pregnant with their Rainbow baby?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? I literally love Fall and everything abt it.
  • EDD: 05/06/2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: 09/26/2019

How are you feeling? Heartburn is a killer, mild backache, sore breast, and I am cranky at times. 

Questions: None so far.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? I love the fall. I love seeing the beautiful leaves.