Group 2 (2.8-2.14) Check-In w/o 9.9

EDD/W+D: 

Team: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken?

Re: Group 2 (2.8-2.14) Check-In w/o 9.9

• Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe happy belated birthday! Sorry it was lackluster. ☹️
  • EDD/W+D: 2/14, 17 weeks and 3 days!

Team: Finding out on September 22nd at our gender reveal! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming appts: September 18th for regular OB appointment and then September 28th for AS!

How are you feeling?: Like a zombie. I'm still taking Unisom and if I don't I am so very sick. I need to ask my doctor if I should stop the Unisom or what!

Rants/Raves: Our best friends just got engaged and I'm super excited!

Questions: Nah!

GTKY: What “pregnancy rules” have you already broken? I've definitely broke the lifting rule. I've had a few sips of adult beverages and have had deli meat.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @um_thor Yay for the upcoming ultrasound!!! I'm not a runner but my mom ran 4 miles a day when pregnant with me. I think her doctor told her to stop when she was 6ish months because he was afraid she would trip. 

@daffodil_shoe I have been curious about your results since you did that at-home test! Happy belated birthday! Sorry it wasn't that wonderful! So exciting you're able to feel baby moving around!

TW
  • @craftywitch That's so annoying that no one was knowledgeable about pregnancy and gout! Hope it clears up quickly! 

@kiwi2628 Oh no! Hope everyone feels better soon! 
    TW
  • @emlwalsh I'm excited for fall but just for the clothes lol! I'm either too hot or too cold! Glad the snoogle and unisom are helping!
    TW
  • @emlwalsh So much yes on the fall! It's going to be nice to just rip off a layer when feeling huge and overheated- so nice!
  • @noxacanthus have a safe flight back stateside!! Have fun in VA. Sometimes I miss living in Norfolk/Virginia Beach.
  • @burr1371 I have a pair of maternity jeans from old navy I hate and a Jessica Simpson pair from mother hood that I love. 

@noxacanthus I hope you have a smooth flight! 
  • @clee5711 Thanks, I will look into them!
  • @clee5711 alright, I ordered a pair of her petite jeans, FX they are great! 
  • @burr1371 I’m very short and I like my maternity jeans from Motherhood Maternity. I also bought a belly band from Target that allows me to keep my regular pants unbuttoned but still looking nice and where they belong. 
  • @noxacanthus Oh man! That has been a wild last few days! So happy you finally have flights Safe travels!

@burr1371 Have you tried the hair tie trick with your jeans? I’ve been doing it without issues! And if you do that with the Belly Band it looks smooth on top. But I’ve done just the hair tie and I’ve had no issues!

@clee5711 I’m with you on being anxious about finding out the gender! So exciting!

TW
  • daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited September 2019
    @craftywitch henna usually lasts like a week, doesn’t it? I haven’t used henna since I was a teenager though. Also, I have no idea if this would effect likelihood of a surgical site infection, but the thought did occur to me. What if you had to have a unplanned/emergency csection? Would the henna cause infection?

edit- wording
  • @brookert615 I tried but my zipper wouldn't stay up and that felt awkward haha

• @daffodil_shoe I have seen loads of mamas who hired my photographer have henna bellies in their birth photos, including my photographer herself, and I know it's allowed at our birth center. I'm not sure what the risk of infection would be, be we are definitely risk tolerant and I feel like the likelihood of needing an emergency c-section this time around is so low that I'd be willing to risk it.
  • @craftywitch if your birthing center allows it then I’m sure there’s minimal risk of it causing an SSI in the event of a csection. I’ve just never seen anyone with henna, and as a CST it’s just something I questioned.