March 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/2

miss.sallymiss.sally member
edited September 2019 in March 2020 Moms
Heyyyyyyy friends! Let’s random! 

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/2

• Speaking of clothes — has anyone seen any great maternity overalls/rompers? I live in mine on the weekends, but they’re starting to feel a little tight. Looked at a bunch of ones online, but if someone has a recommendation, I’m all ears! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The only maternity clothes I’ve got so far is work scrubs... however my bump is showing more! And more people are finding out at work which is fun! 
    P.S so excited I messaged a friend I used to work with who opened her own 3D/4D ultrasound office years ago. She’s willing to do my gender scan for super cheap which means we might find out the sex next week! 
  • @miss.sally I’ll have the check those leggings out. I’ve made the switch to maternity jeans but now my regular leggings are starting to get uncomfortable around the blump. 
  • @pdx2020 I saw some overalls on the Motherhood maternity website while browsing. 
  • I am PRETTY SURE what I am about to eat is a tums bc omg i need a tums--but I am NOT 100% SURE. Wish me luck.
  • @mommytimesfour they’re crazy comfy. And not see-through. You can find some great deals on mercari. Otherwise they’re pretty expensive. 
  • @kagesstarshroom haha did you just have a random TUMs looking thing lying around in a drawer? I love that so much. Dreading when acid reflux comes around for me. Hope your possible TUM worked!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @emilylove25 lol yes i had like, a small giftbox full of medicines? and i'd put it there.... not recently haha. so i recognized the ibuprofen and was PRETTY SURE the other things were tums. they were. whew.
  • Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @pdx2020 pinkblush has some trendier stuff like maternity rompers (quite a few actually) 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @silverhope I feel these kids on a spiritual level! 
  • @keeksie84 & @silverhope LOL!  The girl on the bus is killing me!  And the girl with the missing ponytail, omg.
  • Finally switched to maternity jeans and nursing bra today. I feel like a new person! I also took a 3 hour nap, so....
  • @kantobean, 3 hour nap sounds heavenly!! 

My best friend came over and washed my dishes while I cried in the shower about how messy my house was (preggo hormone meltdown, not super proud). My husband fed and put DD down while I got a mani pedi. Then he cooked dinner! I also feel like a new person! 
  • @keeksie84 THAT is a good friend. <3

YALL. Today's the official start of the Eagles football season and I just re-watched the hype video and cried lol. It's good on so many levels/for so many reasons. I love how they show people's little superstitions/traditions and the many different ways people watch the game--the guys in the fish shop who have to work so they listen to it on the radio, for example. Ahhhhh! I'm headed to the local Buffalo Wild Wings in a few to sit at a bar for ~4 hours and watch my birds. I thought we might get the game here on Fox bc the Saints (local team where I live now) play Mon. night, but they have the Falcons on instead (they're in the Saints division, grrr.) I hope that BWW isn't too smelly for me and that I have a "good" day bc... I gotta watch my birds! E-A-G-L-E-S! WOO!

Also, we go this Wed. to get my blood draw for NIPT, and as long as that comes back low risk, I'm going to tell my Dad and bro, and I'm thinking of getting this Eagles onesie and doing a little photo shoot with it for them. IDK if I want to announce on social media at all? DH can, but I'm about to be on the academic job market, so it seems like I.... shouldn't? Maybe on insta? IDK. I am trying not to worry about this until after NIPT results because I am scared, but I can't help but think about it.
  • @kagesstarshroom I so do not get why people like football ha :D DH is at a game today and I’m just rolling my eyes at home. Hope you have a fun time watching though! I realize I am in the minority by finding football super boring. 

I never posted on social media with DS and I won’t with this baby. But do what makes you happy! As long as you have privacy settings, i don’t think potential employers can see the post. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @keeksie84 sounds like our weekends are similar. I also had a hormonal meltdown today, let H take DD for a few hours and got a mani/pedi. 
  • @kagesstarshroom I know, right? She's the best. Part of my meltdown in the shower was because I felt bad that my friend was doing my chores, but I reminded myself that I'd do the same for her so I felt a little better.

@silverhope +1 on hating sportsball! I'm all for the snacks and the beer (when I can drink), but I can totally do without the pageantry of it all. That and the violence. And the history of domestic violence in the NFL. And the amount of money players make compared to others like, say educators. I probably should have saved this for an UO thread because it's just my opinion and I really don't want to get down on people who enjoy this (I'm looking at you @kagesstarshroom <3  <3  <3. Seriously, no hate!)

I posted my announcement on social media last time. I'm not thinking I will this time because I know so many people who are experiencing trouble conceiving that it doesn't seem like the right thing to do for me right now. I'll probably post a picture of me in my Ali Wong costume at Halloween that will serve as a low key announcement (I hope). I agree that as long as you check your privacy settings on FB you should be good to post!

@kantobean yay for husbands and the restorative powers of nail care! 
  • @jenEP, ahh, thanks so much! They’re super cute! 
  • @pdx2020 definitely a splurge, but I know I'll wear them a ton! 
  • @jenEP, overalls are always worth it 😂

Random, but just read a really great graphic novel on TTC, pregnancy, and labor called Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos by Lucy Knisley. Highly recommend — informative, sweet, and brutally honest.