April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions 9/8

Re: Weekly Questions 9/8

• Anyone taking anything for nausea? I need to mention to my OB about my all day nausea and see if there's anything else I can do. Preggie pops aren't really helping. I can't stand the taste of ginger, but I might need to suck it up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 Ginger ale with ice is so helpful to me, I’m sorry you don’t like ginger!  Sometimes when I’m nauseous I will suck on ice cubes and that helps me.  I find that I’m getting nausea all day when I’m not eating so I’m trying to avoid getting it by grazing throughout the day... I hope it helps!  There’s always the old standby’s of saltines and sipping on sprite. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kathryn0903 My OB recommended Unisom and B6, but I haven’t done it yet. My nausea is pretty manageable with ginger ale and preggy pops. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Anyone else experience this? 

I haven’t been nauseous (thankfully) but I feel the suddenly urge to 🤢🤮. I have been very bloated and somewhat constipated, today I feel so bloated that I’m close to vomiting. I know that the hormones slow digestion but this is new. It is probably a silly FTM question, but is this normal?

I don’t feel sick to my stomach but I feel like my stomach needs to empty—out of one end or the other.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @mandarenee898 I have been doing sprite. Might have to try the saltines too.
    @mercury94 I remember the unisom and b6 reccomended last pregnancy, but never tried it. If this continues much longer, I may have to try it. If nausea is gonna last till 26 weeks like last time, I need some relief.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drkoyya Totally normal. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited September 2019
    @drkoyya  With my first my the way my morning sickness started out is I wouldn't be nauseous at all and then suddenly out of no where gag.  Then it progressed into actual nausea.    

edit to fix tagging
  • Anyone dealing with constipation and have found something that works? It’s one of those unfortunate things that I deal with during every pregnancy and I still haven’t found a regular solution that works other than a mild laxative.
  • @doraleigh35 The only thing that really worked for me was the Colace my doctor prescribed last pregnancy. I think the extra fruit in my diet is helping a bit this time, but it’s definitely still there. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @doraleigh35 If you can stomach it, half a glass of pure prune juice. I also buy flaxseeds from Costco. It’s a huge bag for like $6 and I put it in my oatmeal and smoothies. 
    I definitely believe staying “regular” keeps away some of the nausea! 

@Kathryn0903 I never take any medication for nausea. I just do certain things to help like eating an actual cracker (Milton’s brand). I find saltines don’t have enough substance to stop nausea. And instead of sprite I drink Perrier with a little orange juice for the bubbles, that way I just get the natural sugar. 

I know I shouldn’t, but I keep counting down the weeks till we are out of first tri!! It’s always been the hardest for me and I really hate feeling like I have a stomach bug and the flu at the same time. 

Okay, end novel.... 

• @doraleigh35 either colace or Metamucil did the trick for me 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone else considering ignoring the eating recommendations? I've been dying for a lox bagel and I might cave this week. (So few things sound good, it stinks to skip one that does.)
  • @kathryn0903 I hope it gets better!  Let us know if you try the unisom B6 combo and how it works.
  • aresee said:
    Anyone else considering ignoring the eating recommendations? I've been dying for a lox bagel and I might cave this week. (So few things sound good, it stinks to skip one that does.)
    I was 6 weeks eating raw cookie dough. I eat hot dogs all the time. Lunch meat when I feel like it. Just take it all in moderation and know your source. Don’t go to a new buffet or deli go to the trusted places that you have eaten before with no issues. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Anyone dealing with constipation and have found something that works? It’s one of those unfortunate things that I deal with during every pregnancy and I still haven’t found a regular solution that works other than a mild laxative.
    Have you tried changing your prenatal?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @doraleigh I've been taking fiber gummies (Amazon brand) every morning and it's definitely helped!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @aresee I've been dying for cold cuts! Heated meat grosses me out right now

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @aresee My doctor hands me a pamphlet with all the food restrictions and then crosses a bunch out haha.  She said your chances of getting listeria from things like ice cream and spinach is higher than from lunch meat.    
  • @kfrob Exactly! With my first I bought fresh peaches from Costco and then they recalled them! Because of listeria. 
  • doraleigh35doraleigh35 member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I’ve been taking Senokot, but I’d rather just use that as a back-up. I’m going to try adding more flax, good suggestion @ruby_love we actually already have that big bag from Costco. I’ll look into those gummies @mamasloth.

edit- spelling
  • @aresee I basically lived on lunch meat sandwiches for my entire second tri with DS (that and potatoes) because the craving was so strong lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @doraleigh35 my go to, as funny/old lady as it is, is Raisin Bran.  Works like a charm!
  • Good advice, all. It sounds from my reading like listeria is super scary, but also super rare and unpredictable. Better not to worry about it too much unless there's an actual documented outbreak. (At least that's my take.)
  • @Kathryn0903 I’m taking Diclegis and it’s a HUGE help. I would be in bed all day without it. 
  • Ok serious question... 

I've got a few different friends who have been TTC including unsuccessful IVF process and I do not know the best way to tell them Im pregnant. I definitely don't want to do it in front of anyone else and don't even know if in person is better or worse than through a text. I hate texting important information, so it feels wrong to do so. 

Please help me with some suggestions that are considerate of their feelings, Im lost. 
  • @liselotte77 I can't speak to someone who has gone through IVF, but after dealing with recurrent pregnancy loss I personally preferred a text. It was much harder for me when friends sprung their news on me in person unexpectedly, I felt I was being judged on how I reacted. A text allows them to process the news on their own and have whatever reaction they need to have in private. Everyone is different though, you're a good friend to even be asking this question!
  • @liselotte77 I second what the others have said. DH and I tried for 18 months and several of my friends got pregnant during that time. We had multiple failed IUI's as well and luckily our first IVF round brought us here. Texting is better because it gives time to process. It's very thoughtful of you to be worried about how to tell them. I found that it was completely possible to be extremely happy for my friends while also being frustrated with my own situation, however don't be surprised if some of them might need a little space after you tell them.
  • When I was getting ready to announce my last pregnancy, I contacted a few friends that I knew had experienced losses and infertility and let them know through text what was going on. I told them that I knew it understood that it might be difficult and that it was okay if they needed to distance themselves. They were all super thankful that I let them know, and said they were okay, but I was also very mindful after to not put too much up on social media about the pregnancy.
    I know for me, personally as a loss momma, the announcements and updates are the worst. After the baby arrives it all sort of falls away.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Thank you all so much 💕 Your responses make me feel much better about texting them the info. It makes sense definitely that they would want space or time to process alone. I just didn't want it to feel cold. I'll be certain to fully explain that whatever they need to do is totally understandable and why I wanted to text them versus tell them in person.  So glad to have this group!
  • Update: I got my lox bagel today and it was delicious.