January 2020 Moms
Options

Eff maternity pants... that is all.

Seriously, eff them. I have a hard enough time finding clothes that fit me while NOT pregnant (I’m 5’10” and have wide hips with thunda’ and lightening for thighs... so it’s a nightmare. AFFORDABLE maternity pants with a 34” inseam are unicorns, and I want to believe in them, but so far, they’re just a wild fantasy of mine. Much like sleeping a full night with out peeing lately... fictional.) Anyways, back to my rando pants-rant... I’ve gotten over the inseam issue, by embracing skinny jeans and just wearing tall boots. It kind of limits wardrobe options, but also simplifies it as well... moving past that....
I hate all of them. Side panels, full panels, crossovers... but not for the comfort factor (I have a baby pudge/slight apron-belly from my other kids, so the side panel ones just aren’t comfortable or flattering on me, I like full panel, and have only recently discovered the crossover panel style. The jury is still out on the crossovers, because I feel like I’m going to have some plumbers crack issues) my big issue is CONSTANTLY TUGGING THEM BACK UP. Yes, all caps. I mean my all caps on this, it’s effing infuriating. Almost no maternity pants, especially with full or cross panels, still have belt loops to even attempt a belt under the belly (which honestly seems like a moot point. If I could comfortably wear a belt, I could comfortably just wear my regular jeans). So I’m just constantly doing “the tug”, to avoid looking like I have a soggy diaper on. 
I know a lot of women might suggest to just wear yoga pants... which I’m all for, but... it’s not a realistic solution since, unfortunately, pants are always, at some point, going to be a necessity (so kindof eff pants in general... imma still wear them though...). 

Anyways... that’s my random thing of the day. I’m sure I could have some tailoring done or this or that to fix the tug issue, but... I have the sewing skills of a spoon, and I’m not paying even more to fix pants that are still going to be uncomfortable anyways. 

So... eff maternity pants. 😆
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Eff maternity pants... that is all.

• Options
    While this post would normally go in the weekly randoms or questions threads, I'll answer it here. I'm 71 inches tall, have a cocacola bottle figure... A 2 LITER Coca-Cola bottle, and a 36" inseam. My hips are wide, my thighs thunderous, my bum big, and my chest huge. I wore a 16/16W pre-pregnant, with a nipped waist.

I found Targets full panel maternity pants come in variable inseams. I bought them a size up to allow for swelling. The panel fits comfortably over my belly, but the back is low to keep you cool. This means I do end up tugging them up every time I stand up. I don't have any other issues with them. They don't sag. They don't droop. As far as plumbers crack... Well, nothing a longer shirt can't cover. Which I needed to avoid belly exposure, anyway. 
  • Options
    To lessen the tug for me,  I use the cotton belly band covers.  They fit from under my bra top over my bum. They help lengthen the shirt and keep pants up.  I'm 5'4" and have a hard time with pants and yoga pants are not really appropriate in my workplace.  Target was my best find for jeans. I also sized up.