April 2020 Moms
Options

Long-distance Announcement

Any other moms-to-be live far away from family? My family all lives in Michigan, but DH and I are in Florida. Trying to think of special ways to break the news to family (especially our parents)without  just calling! Any ideas?

Re: Long-distance Announcement

• Options
    I live on the East coast of Canada and my folks live in Florida. For DS I sent them each an ornament with their new titles on them and told them I'd like to see them on camera when they opened it so we facetimed.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I bought an etsy wish bracelet for my sister that said Aunt; my plan was to send it to her and have her open it on facetime but then she moved so I opened it for her on facetime lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told my brother, who lives in a different state, over FaceTime. This time, I told him that DS need advice from my nephew on how to be a big brother. It was cute. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @mercury94 that is the cutest
  • Options
    We plan on sending some customized "Save the Date" style announcement cards to all of our extended family members and far away friends after we have told our parents & siblings in person. We have only told ONE couple so far bc we go on vacays with them a lot and we were TTC to be preggo together! 
  • Options
    we plan on sending announcement cards as well :) I'm sending my niece a "big cousin" charms bracelet. She's the first grandchild on my husbands side and is super loved and spoiled by all of us.