Group 2: May 9-16 check-in week of 9/9

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall?

Re: Group 2: May 9-16 check-in week of 9/9

• EDD: 5/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: Nurse visit next week and first pre-natal/ultrasound 10/4

How are you feeling? So far okay - just exhausted, peeing a ton, and my uterus feels super sensitive. 

Raves/Rants: I slept great last night finally!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? I live in Virginia and fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains is amazing. The trees are so beautiful and there are tons of fun events. 
  • @rachelg777 I've never been to Virginia, so I just googled the blue ridge mountains, holy moly they're gorgeous! Especially the fall pics with all the orange and yellow leaves! What a great place to see all the time.

EDD: 5/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I think we'll find out. I first thought green, but I don't know...

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: 9/23 ultrasound with the RE before they send me off to my OB.

How are you feeling? Good. I don't really have symptoms yet other than a little tired and my breasts are sore.

Raves/Rants: Rant-It was dark when my alarm went off this morning! That's the worst part about this time of year, I have to get up in the dark.
    Rave-I had good betas so I feel like I can calm down a little bit!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? We have this awesome pumpkin patch about 15 miles north of us where you pull your wagon and wander through to pick out your own pumpkins. It's our favorite thing to do in the fall. DS loves picking out pumpkins and we always end up buying more than we planned!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD:  May 14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out! I wouldn't mind Team Green, but DH says no.

Baby is the size of a: grain of finely ground Himalayan sea salt

Upcoming appointments: I was able to get in sooner with the Endocrinologist because of a cancelation. So I see him on Wednesday to go over my medical history and my thyroid issues. I will see what he says about managing it while pregnant. Then I have a pregnancy consultation September 24 to go over thyroid and GD monitoring.

How are you feeling? Great! Still not really any symptoms. Just a little bloating and sore boobs sometimes.

Raves/Rants: This week is so jam packed, I am going to be exhausted by the time the weekend comes.

Questions: Anyone else here have to manage their thyroid during pregnancy? I didn't have these issues last pregnancy, so it is new to me.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Halloween by far! DH and I usually go all out on costumes, this year I think we will just do no costumes or wear something from past years to save money. I was going to do this, but we are going to wait until DD's birthday in November to tell friends and family. I will still probably make this shirt and then wear it over Thanksgiving to announce to extended family.
     Not my photo.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @rachelg777 Fall colors are the best! Trees are already starting to change around me.

@splashmountain I really want to go to a pumpkin patch this year! We usually end up buying from Costco or the grocery store.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @rachelg777 Oh I'm so jealous of your fall colors! I'm in CA and we do get the color change, but nothing as spectacular as the Blue Ridge Mountains. 

@splashmountain I'm so with you on finding out! I was convinced that we would be team green if I got pregnant again. But now we have to deal with the logistics of who will be sharing a room, DD or DS. Maybe we'll be team green still, but I kind of doubt it.

@m6agua Love the announcement idea! We're going to announce over Thanksgiving as well. It makes more sense since everyone will be together.

EDD: May 14th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Probably finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Cupcake sprinkle

Upcoming appointments: US on 9/23

How are you feeling? Tired. I tend to get really picky about what I feel like eating in 1st tri and that's starting up.

Raves/Rants: My FRER's are now darker than the control line, so I feel like maybe I can stop peeing on sticks now. 😆

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Everything. It's my favorite season and totally my happy time. I probably love the weather/how the air smells the most.
  • EDD: May 11

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed!

Upcoming appointments: None yet. I don’t have a doctor so I’m calling my mom’s doctor’s office as soon as they open this morning to see if they’re willing to take me on.

How are you feeling? Exhausted. My boobs are a bit tender, but nothing unbearable. And I experienced my first bit of nausea yesterday. 

Raves/Rants: Rave - We made it through my SIL’s wedding and I pulled off fake drinking without anybody noticing
    Rant - I was so tired last night and then I just couldn’t fall asleep. It was rough.

Questions: Nope!

Being cozy. I love wearing jeans and sweaters, curling up on the couch with a cup of tea, etc.
  • EDD: May 13

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out fo sho

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed, and according to TB app, can also fit on the end of a shoelace

Upcoming appointments: None scheduled yet, but that will probably change when I get my second betas back

How are you feeling? Okay. I definitely feel worst in the mornings, so I'm trying to power through until students show up in my classroom and I get distracted by having to teach.

Raves/Rants: I got my second beta draw this morning and now I'm obsessively checking my email waiting for my OB to tell me the results. First beta was 75, so I need at least 150.

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Marching band season! It also happens to be my least favorite thing about fall, lol.
  • @m6agua that's awesome you're getting in sooner! And you should definitely try a pumpkin patch! It's so much fun.

@ruby696 yeah, we were totally going to be green, but now i don't know. I don't care either way, but knowing and planning and crafting....ugh I think I need to know! Lol 

@bbluemoo good luck getting in with a doctor!

@soprano19 my 13 yo nephew just started marching band and they're so dang cute!
  • @splashmountain fun! What does he play? We’re seeing more and more middle schools start up marching band programs, which is awesome because they come to high school already ahead of the game!
  • @splashmountain I have so much saved stuff for boys and girls (I have one of each), that it would be really nice to go theough and donate what I won't need anymore. That alone makes me want to find out. But since it's our last and we have zero preference re: sex, part of me thinks we should be team green just to experience it. 
  • @ruby696 What if you need both! ;)
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Lol @m6agua! Hush! I think MH would have a nervous breakdown.
  • @soprano19 he plays trumpet!

@ruby696 omg I saved sooooo many things from DS! 

@m6agua, she might need both. @ruby696 I can't wait to know how many you have growing in there!
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2019
    @splashmountain I feel pretty confident there will only be one. However, MH can't go to the first US and I'm not going to remind him of it. Just in case. I want to be present when I tell him how it went so I can see the look on his face. 😂

Eta: spelling
  • @splashmountain That's so fun, I'm hoping we get out to a pumpkin patch this year. :) 

@ruby696 It is so gorgeous, I'll have to take a pic and show you guys once the leaves start turning. I also have a POAS addiction.

@bbluemoo Glad you made it through the event with no one catching on, I hate when people find out before you're ready to say anything!

@soprano19 I'm so jealous your labs update same day! Did you get your results?
  • @rachelg777 not yet 😭😬 I have Kaiser and they usually operate like a super efficient machine.
  • 5/14, 4+3 
    Starting to feel nauseous. Much earlier than last time. 

I dont know where where to put this but there’s a girl at work who told us all the day she got the positive test. She’s due a little before me and her constant complaining is killing me. She was telling us about her “mobility issues” because she has grown so large already. Uh, what? It’s her choice to tell everyone but I do think it’s weird she’s told al the kids and parents. She talks about it constantly and it’s a good reminder for me not to become that annoying person. 

Does anyone have Kaiser and is there any way to find out the sex before the anatomy scan? I am dying. 
  • @Linsbins I have Kaiser, but I don’t know about early testing. With DD we just waited till our 20 week anatomy scan.
  • EDD: 16 May

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding Out—I like the idea of Team Green but have no patience for that. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy Seed/Piece of Glitter

Upcoming appointments: not yet. I’ll call tomorrow 

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Exhausted. Nauseous. 

Raves/Rants:  Not really yet. I’m still letting it sink in. 

Questions: 

Well I live in the desert now so fall doesn’t really happen, but I grew up with seasons and my favorite things are Pumpkin Patches and apple cider and the leaves changing and the crisp morning air on the first colder days. 
  • LinsbinsLinsbins member
    edited September 2019
    soprano19 said:
    @Linsbins I have Kaiser, but I don’t know about early testing. With DD we just waited till our 20 week anatomy scan.
    WAIT? I don’t want to wait haha. 

@mdfarmchick good to know!
  • @Linsbins waiting 20 weeks was better than waiting 40, lol!

@ruby696 I’m still POAS almost every day too. I feel you.

@mdfarmchick that’s hilarious! We have several kids who are less than coordinated. 😂 We tell them to pick one thing to make second nature, either their playing or their marching, so they can focus on the other one.
  • EDD: May 12th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out for sure!

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: Sept 30th. So hard to wait. If we get the house we are bidding on it might close that day, too, which would be crazy 

How are you feeling? OK. Peeing a lot. Sore boobs. Some cramping. Not feeling the super-exhausted feeling I remember from before, but maybe it’s just too early?

Raves/Rants: So glad we found a house that could work for us. Fingers super crossed that we actually get it!

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? That is is just so pleasant to be outside! Love walking around outside and not burning up! (Not a big fan of the humid and hot summers where I am). 
  • @ruby696 one is good enough! MH keeps asking if mine could be twins. We were literally at the RE days before O counting follicles and there was one dominant follie....no, not twins
  • @Linsbins last pregnancy we went to an elective ultrasound place around 14 weeks to find out the gender, and it was only $60 so maybe you have something similar around you?

EDD: May 11th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out for sure

Baby is the size of a(n): bead from a letter bracelet

Upcoming appointments: first appointment is 9/17 but I think it's just a general office visit and the ultrasound will probably be scheduled separately a little later

How are you feeling? not too bad this week.  I've been so busy some days I forget I'm pregnant and then freak out because I think I should have more symptoms.  I'm still a little nauseous in the mornings before I eat and a little more tired/irritable than normal. 

Raves/Rants: I have one of the worst co-workers who is driving me insane.  I get angry when I'm pregnant, and I foresee this coming to a head before May lol.  She comes in late, takes long lunches, leaves early, is on facebook/youtube ALL DAY LONG and then tries to ask other coworkers to take on her projects because she is "soooo busy" all while acting like she's better than everyone else because she went to Harvard.  I'm over it.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? the cooler air, having windows open and fall scented candles :) 
  • @bananapanda My secretary is exactly the same way (minus Harvard). She is constant on FB, is barely competent, and calls in sick all the time. Yet, because she's been there the longest, she acts like she's the most experienced/hardest working secretary in the office. And I think she actually believes she's super busy, even though I do most of the work I should be giving to her, because I don't trust her to get it done. I'm beyond over it.
  • Oh @m6agua, I'm on TB all day too (mobile), but I still get my work done. But I do not shamelessly leave FB up on my desktop all day and make people wait by my desk to ask a work related question while I continue my cell phone conversation with my BFF. 😡
  • @soprano19 thank you! Will keep you all posted :smile:  And congrats on your beta!
  • @ruby696 wow. That is ballsy.  :open_mouth:

@soprano19 that’s a wonderful rise! I’m glad you have some extra reassurance 
  • @ruby696 Wow, that is crazy!
    @soprano19 Congrats on the great beta!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• bbluemoobbluemoo member
    edited September 2019
    Edit: moving this over to the spotting/bleeding support thread
  • EDD: 5/10 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green!! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Upcoming appointments: October 3rd 

How are you feeling? A bit of cramping & nausea. I think it’s still too early for the symptoms to hit me. 

Raves/Rants: none yet 

Questions: none yet 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Everything! 
    My birthday! I turn 31 in a four days. I also love the chilly weather & all the fall foliage. 
  • EDD: 5/15/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out (my last pregnancy we found out, but didn’t tell anyone, this one I think we’ll be less secretive)

Baby is the size of a(n): waterbear! (Info in spoiler from ovia pregnancy app)

Upcoming appointments: 10/1

How are you feeling? Not panicking yet, so that’s good. 

Raves/Rants: none

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Scarves - I have a million from when I lived in PNW and I love throwing one on to stave off the autumn chill. 
  • EDD: May 14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I want to be team green, but I’m a huge control freak so I’ll probably end up team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound 9/23

How are you feeling? Tired AF and my boobs hurt like a B! But other than that feeling pretty good!

Raves/Rants: I’m a stomach sleeper, and my RE told me I couldn’t sleep on my stomach! I ordered a pregnancy pillow super early hoping I could get myself comfortable on my side or my back, and I somehow ordered the only one on amazon that was a 3 day delivery vs 1 day!

Questions: None yet

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Fall? ALLLLLL the things! If it could be fall 10 months of the year, with one month of summer and one month of winter I’d be so happy!
  • @rachelg777 tell me your secrets for a good night’s sleep!!
    @m6agua I am taking levo at the moment, they haven’t said anything about changing it, it was actually my RE who put me on it.
    @ruby696 I’m starting to get real picky too! Not so much cravings yet (although I’m loving buffalo chicken at the moment) but some things I’d normally have no problem eating, make me  want to gag thinking about!
    @bbluemoo we have three weddings in the next couple weeks, and it’s going to be tricky not to be super obvious. I’m not a big drinker, but when it comes to weddings I usually let loose a little. One is with college friends, so that’s going to be the worst, and another is with family who we don’t plan on telling for a while. Our parents know but I’m not ready for my brother and grandparents yet. The third we only know the bride and groom, so that won’t be so bad.
    @soprano19 your second beta looks awesome! So happy for you!
    @adventuresawait1 any news on the house yet??
    @bananapanda coworkers like that are the reason I went back to nannying! I can’t deal